Quantcast
Meet Your Meat. (graphic warning) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Your Meat. (graphic warning)

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Default Meet Your Meat. (graphic warning)

Click here video stream

kinda graphic....a big mind opener even made my x look away a few times.....

it's sad but it's also reality...

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Shit, that is pretty bad.
    HOWEVER, I do feel that they chose to illustrate the worst exploitations to get their point across, but either way, it is an eye-opener.

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

Will being a vegitarian stop this, no. Too bad for the animals, but there ain't shit anyone can do about it. next time just laugh when someone gets trampled by a bull, or mulled by a beekless chicken
    Last edited by illeagle; 11-26-2003 at 12:32 AM.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

yea regardless what people do this will happen, and we gotta eat so its reality

shocking vid but honestly not gonna change my eating habits.

for some reason I just can't take Alec Baldwin seriously.

My Ride
    a wrx.

"if u drink milk, ure supporting the veal industry" haha

what a fuckin crock. they just went and found the worst farms, 0.0005% of cases, and made it seem like all pigs are killed by throwing them on the floor or whatever. fuck that, i know a lot of ppl from farms and that kinda shit aint true at all..

My Ride
    a wrx.

i just hope my gf doesnt find this vid. she just recently converted back to eating meat after being vegetarian.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    i just hope my gf doesnt find this vid. she just recently converted back to eating meat after being vegetarian.
    As did I...
    That said, anyone up for a big juicy steak?!

welcome to the 1 percentile of the AMERICAN food industry. Canada has strict laws forbidding what your seeing. like 99% of everything in the media; all your seeing is propaganda. dont waste your time feeling sorry for them, people around the world are starving, why the fuck should a give a shit about the conditions animals are raised in for slaughter? they could live in the wild living a meaningless 15 years of life and die anyways, and ther carcass could rot serving no purpose whatsoever.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

heres what maddox has to say about vegitarians... he raises some good points and still maintains being an ass at the same time ;

I was looking over a menu in a restaurant the other day when I saw a section for vegetarians; I thought to myself "boy, I sure am glad that I'm not a meat-hating fascist" and I skipped on to the steak section (because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $15 for an alfalfa sandwich, slice of cucumber and a scoop of cold cottage cheese), but before I turned the page something caught my eye. The heading of the vegetarian section was titled "Guiltless Grill," not because there were menu items with fewer calories and cholesterol (since there were "healthy" chicken dishes discriminated against in this section), but because none of the items used animal products. Think about that phrase for a second. What exactly does "guiltless grill" imply? So I'm supposed to feel guilty now if I eat meat? Screw you.

What pisses me off so much about this phrase is the sheer narrow-mindedness of these stuck up vegetarian assholes. You think you're saving the world by eating a tofu-burger and sticking to a diet of grains and berries? Well here's something that not many vegetarians know (or care to acknowledge): every year millions of animals are killed by wheat and soy bean combines during harvesting season (source). Oh yeah, go on and on for hours about how all of us meat eaters are going to hell for having a steak, but conveniently ignore the fact that each year millions of mice, rabbits, snakes, skunks, possums, squirrels, gophers and rats are ruthlessly murdered as a direct result of YOUR dieting habits. What's that? I'm sorry, I don't hear any more elitist banter from you pompous cocks. Could it be because your shit has been RUINED?

That's right: the gloves have come off. The vegetarian response to this embarrassing fact is "well, at least we're not killing intentionally." So let me get this straight; not only are animals ruthlessly being murdered as a direct result of your diet, but you're not even using the meat of the animals YOU kill? At least we're eating the animals we kill (and although we also contribute to the slaughter of animals during grain harvesting, keep in mind that we're not the ones with a moral qualm about it), not just leaving them to rot in a field somewhere. That makes you just as morally repugnant than any meat-eater any day. Not only that, but you're killing free-roaming animals, not animals that were raised for feed. Their bodies get mangled in the combine's machinery, bones crushed, and you have the audacity to point fingers at the meat industry for humanely punching a spike through a cow's neck? If you think that tofu burgers come at no cost to animals or the environment, guess again.

To even suggest that your meal is some how "guiltless" is absurd. The defense "at least we're not killing intentionally" is bullshit anyway. How is it not intentional if you KNOW that millions of animals die every year in combines during harvest? You expect me to believe that you somehow unintentionally pay money to buy products that support farmers that use combines to harvest their fields? Even if it was somehow unintentional, so what? That suddenly makes you innocent? I guess we should let drunk drivers off the hook too since they don't kill intentionally either, right? There's no way out of this one. The only option left for you dipshits is to buy some land, plant and pick your own crops. Impractical? Yeah, well, so is your stupid diet.

Even if combines aren't used to harvest your food, you think that buying fruits and vegetables (organic or otherwise) is any better? How do you think they get rid of bugs that eat crops in large fields? You think they just put up signs and ask parasites to politely go somewhere else? Actually, I wouldn't put that suggestion past you hippies. One of the methods they use to get rid of pests is to introduce a high level of predators for each particular prey, which wreaks all sorts of havoc on the natural balance of predator/prey populations--causing who knows what kind of damage to the environment. Oops, did I just expose you moral-elitists for being frauds? Damndest thing.

A number of people have pointed out that the amount of grain grown to feed animals for slaughter every year is greater than the amount of grain grown for humans. So I guess the amount of grain grown for human consumption suddenly becomes negligible and we can conveniently ignore the fact that animals are still ruthlessly murdered either way because of your diet, right? Not to mention that the majority of grain grown for livestock is tough as rocks, coarse, and so low-grade that it's only fit for animal consumption in the first place. Spare me the "you could feed 500 people with the grain used to feed one cow" line of shit; it's not the same grain. Then there are the people who jump on the bandwagon with "you could plant billions of potatoes on the land used for cows"--good point, except for the fact that not every plot of land is equally fertile; you think farmers always have a choice on what they do with their land? Also, many vegetarians don't know (or care to acknowledge) that in many parts of the United States they have "control hunts" in which hunting permits are passed out whenever there is a pest problem (the pest here is deer, elk and antelope) that threatens wheat, soy, vegetable and other crops; this happens several times per year. Then some of you throw out claims that "we are trying to limit the suffering." How about you limit MY suffering and shut the hell up about your stupid diet for a change; nobody cares. Even if the number of animals that die in combine deaths every year isn't in the millions, even if it's just one, are you suggesting that the life of one baby rabbit isn't worth saving? Are you placing a value on life? Enjoy your tofu, murderers.

heres what peta had to say to maddox:

Thank you for contacting PETA about animals killed during grain harvesting.
    While it is true that animals are killed during harvesting, there is a lot
    more to this story than meets the eye. First, we, and animals rights
    advocates in general, are primarily concerned with preventing the suffering
    of living animals. While millions of animals are killed each year in the
    harvesting process, millions of animals suffer EVERY DAY in the meat
    industry. BILLIONS of animals are tortured and slaughtered for food every
    year in the United States alone. All of these animals being raised for meat
    eat grain. In fact, they consume more than half of all of the grain produced
    in this country. If the population of the United States were vegetarian, we
    would actually require LESS grain, and thereby kill fewer animals during
    harvesting. When you eat meat, not only are you contributing to the
    suffering of the farmed animals, but you are also contributing to the
    majority of the animals killed during harvesting.

If you have a moment, I'd like to know in which restaurant you saw this
    "Guiltless Grill" menu section. Thanks again for your message. We appreciate
    the opportunity to discuss this important issue.

Sincerely,

Cliff Kaminsky
    PETA Correspondent

heres what maddox had to say to peta ;

*Note: I have never contacted PETA. Someone sent my guiltless grill article to them and PETA decided to contact me instead.

PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Let's ignore for a moment that their name implies there exists a universal set of ethics, and instead let's focus on the meat of this email: PETA is "primarily concerned with preventing the suffering of living animals." Oh really? As opposed to preventing the suffering of dead animals? Good thing they clarified because I was confused and couldn't infer that when they said "animals" they didn't mean dead animals. Glad we have that cleared up, let's move on.

So what exactly constitutes as "prevention" of animal suffering? The moral vegetarians (not the ones who do it for religious or health reasons) love to chant "we're trying to limit the suffering." What the hell does that mean? If you eat wheat or soy, you're not limiting anything. Unless you plant, grow and pick your own crops, you're not doing everything you can to "limit" the suffering. You know deep down that you could help limit a whole lot more suffering, but you've chosen not to. You've chosen not to because your lifestyle is too convenient, and you'd have to give up too much, but nevermind that--you have a conscience to feel good about, and you can't let a little thing like millions of violent deaths of field animals get in the way of your moral trip.

Limit the suffering? That's like me saying I'm going to eat meat only 364 out of 365 days of the year in an effort to "limit" the suffering, I'm doing my part to prevent suffering. "BUT MADDOX, YOU COULD LIMIT A LOT MORE SUFFERING BY NOT EATING MEAT AT ALL!!!1" Exactly, and vegetarians could limit a lot more suffering by planting their own crops, but where do you draw the line? You claim to have compassion for animals, but just as soon as it gets too inconvenient you decide to call it quits? Cowards. You're no better off. Not in my book. A murderer who kills 10 people is no better off than a murderer who kills 20. Of course, from the perspective of a suggestible young vegetarian I'm sure being responsible for half as many murders as the next guy means you're off the hook, right?

I keep getting email from moral vegetarians saying "HEY MADOX WE FEED MORE GRAIN TO ANIMALS AND IF YOU EAT THE ANIMALS YOU ARE KILLING TWICE AS MUCH." No shit? The only difference is that I'm not protesting at street corners about other peoples' diets--I'm not the one with a mission to prevent "the suffering of living animals." This email I received, and many like it is the whole reason I wrote the article in the first place. My opinions are kept to myself on my personal web page. I don't remember asking anyone to read a damn thing on my website. When you open up your inbox, you don't find it full of my opinions, and if you do I didn't send them to you. I'm not standing on the street corners protesting, I'm not putting fliers on your car and I'm not putting ads on TV and in magazines. I'm not shoving my agenda down your throat, don't shove your agenda down mine. All you dumbass activists need to get bent already.

Fun with facts: vegetarians love to boast outrageous figures like "it takes 5,000 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef and only 20 gallons to produce one pound of wheat." I've heard figures ranging from 2,000 to 5,000, and vegetarians will be damned if they include a source so we'll take the mean (that means "average") and go with 3,500. The average person consumes 1.5 million gallons of water every year (it takes water to grow and produce the food you eat in addition to the water you drink, quit emailing me you morons). Why isn't PETA protesting overpopulation of humans on the street corners? Why isn't PETA passing out free condoms or throwing javelins in your cock when you walk down the street if they really cared about water consumption? It's not like that water just suddenly disappears. The earth has had about the same amount of water for 2 billion years. So if a pound of beef takes 3,500 gallons of water, what difference does it make? How many vegetarians drive a car? To make a car (including tires), it takes about 40,000 gallons of fresh water. That's not including the gas it takes to run the car, the electricity to run the gas station, the water used to create the boat that brought your precious oil, the water used to create the pavement you drive on, the destruction of toxic chemicals that went into creating your clothes, and the electricity you use every day to send me stupid emails over the internet. Every year you are directly responsible for the consumption of billions of gallons of water. There are 26 million people suffering preventable brain damage from iodine deficiency, and another 1.5 billion people at risk. Nevermind that, you have animals to save. By driving your cars, you pump billions of tons of poison into the atmosphere and you're slowly killing us all. The computer you use requires 250 watts of electricity, let alone the billions of computers required to keep you on the internet. All consuming energy. All contributing to pollution. Let's just ignore those minor hypocrisies. Someone wants to enjoy a burger and you'll be damned if you're going to let them.

What makes you think that animals suffer in slaughter houses anyway? I think it would rule to be raised for slaughter. Get all the free steroids you want, free meals and plenty of good company--hell, you have it made. Then when you're at the prime of your life, you get your head generously chopped off so you don't have to live through the suffering of old age. Not only that, but you can die with the satisfaction of knowing that somebody is going to enjoy eating a burger made out of you. What's more humane? Being slaughtered for meat or having to spend 8 hours a day, 40 hours per week in a cubicle for the rest of your life with assholes who listen to shitty music without headphones, then retiring and withering away with old age and cancer as your obnoxious kids grow up and treat you like shit? Slaughter please.

Hrmm , ill stick to my meat anyways , i gota eat . its better than me going out to hunt a damn pig or cow . Someones gota kill them
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by FastDak318

As did I...
    That said, anyone up for a big juicy steak?!

Smugglers Inn?
    Travel

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

My Ride

that's why I don't understand what problems people have with me hunting. That video is exactly why I only eat meat from animals I hunted. Every time someone comes up to me and says ohhh you're a hunter.... and get upset I tell them I've worked for maple leaf and I will never eat another store bought animal again. I mean cows ride up a conveyor belt age thing all innocent looking and then Bam someone hits them with an Air hammer (airbolt) to the heafd and knocks them out and the slaughter begins, the thing isn't even dead just knowcked out. Makes me sick.

At least when I go hunting, I find I treat the animal I'm about to kill with respect, I don't shoot unless I'm 100% sure to hit the vital area, I don't brag about what I killed I don't display it, I butcher it myself and package it myself. People laugh when I try to explain for me the bond between predator and prey and I've been both). The animal understands it and I understand it.

anyways I can't explain it because I suck with words but you might find it wierd I talk about respect to something I will kill, but there is and it is so much better the farm animals. I bowhunt and I'm proud of it, store meat disgusts me.
    I might be furious but I'm not fast.

i used to butcher, and the chicken plant is DEAD on the way it is here, as is the beef plant... can't verify the pork though

nasty, but i still want a steak!

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Wow, yes a real eye opener...but again, its the worst case senarios...So you know what??...I think some Alberta Prime Rib is on the menu for dinner tonight...

I LOVE ALBERTA BEEF...

Don't do the pork though...am a Muslim after all...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Though what we saw in that clip is pretty disgusting and wrong and such, I'm just gonna play the reality card. I am not saying I agree with the practices, but look at it from practicalitys side. Its not like these animals were living it up, talking amongst themselves in a utopia field where the grass is green and the sky is blue, and some evil rapist farmer comes roaring over the horrison in his kill-mobile and velcro gloves. These animals were bread for this. Sure its not a good life but its not like they had it good at one point and then had it taken away. I'm sure nobody wants to pay 400 for a steak and 250 bucks for a chicken burger, and so these methods, not that I like them, are economical and the way it is. Its just not practical to have farms like they were in the 1800's because they just gont produce enough quantity to feed the "unwashed mass'" as I call it.

Hey, I hate animal cruelty, I love animals, but its not like we can just say "those people are savages and making things so rough for the animals." They didn't have it any other way, and if they were treated like royalty and pampered like a house pet, you'd have to refinance the house and cut into the kids college fund to put food on the table. These arn't Kobe cattle, this is every day grub. Its the way it is, and if you want it to change, it unfortunatly costs alot of cake.

Just playing the reality card, now back to my bubble.
    Travel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast