Quantcast
Need some Beyond Voting - Monopoly Canada Edition - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some Beyond Voting - Monopoly Canada Edition

My Ride
    Fat Boy riding a Fat Boy

While I think its great you all are voting for your home town, I do hope you all realize that this entire exercise is a marketting ploy.

Think about it, do you really think they would put Chatham on and leave off Calgary or Vancouver if there weren't enough votes? Also, look at the massive free press that this has gotten the makers? Front pages all over the country, mayors challenging residents on the news. And they didn't pay a dime for any of it.

Believe me, no matter how many votes any city gets, the right ones will be on the board at the end of the day.

My Ride
    2013 FR-S

And you think it wouldn't be bad press if a city had enough votes and wasn't included?

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Why are people even voting for Calgary, I don't see why it should even be in the game at all. Ya, I live here but that's not enough of a reason to want the city name to be in a Monopoly game, it should be more prestigious places like Canmore or somewhere with wicked views and lakes and where you want to retire. Not a concrete jungle that's overcrowded and stresses you out every day.

I can think of a plethora of places that should be in the game over Calgary:
    - Gros Mourne
    - Halifax
    - Gravenhurst
    - Banff
    - Canmore
    - Invermere (from what people say, never been there)
    - Montreal (Old Port)

Vote for places that deserve it, not the place you live. This is supposed to be Canadian Edition, not "awarded based on population and voter concentration" edition.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

^^ While i may agree with you somewhat, i am sure the top spots will be determined with the votes.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

voted for my newest city Calgary, and the formers Winnipeg, Thunder Bay muhahahahahahahaa
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Fat Boy riding a Fat Boy

Originally posted by Quiet10
    And you think it wouldn't be bad press if a city had enough votes and wasn't included?
    I would if I believed for even a second that this results in an accurate, impartial, independantly counted vote. In reality, this is nothing of the sort. It wouldn't suprise me for a second if someone told me that the game is already printed and in a warehouse.

I don't want to come across as a pessimist. I think its cool people rally their city's pride. I just think its foolhardy to believe that there's any real quantifiable effect on the actual printed game.

The main reason I think this is that I am currently in Victoria. Just a couple days ago, Victoria wasn't even on the board. Immediate response from the media and city hall has rallied the vote and now we're on! Really?!! Would they really print this game without Victoria, a provincial capital. It wouldn't qualify in the top 30?

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by Mar
    Why are people even voting for Calgary, I don't see why it should even be in the game at all. Ya, I live here but that's not enough of a reason to want the city name to be in a Monopoly game, it should be more prestigious places like Canmore or somewhere with wicked views and lakes and where you want to retire. Not a concrete jungle that's overcrowded and stresses you out every day.

- Gros Mourne
    - Halifax
    - Gravenhurst
    - Banff
    - Canmore
    - Montreal (Old Port)

Vote for places that deserve it, not the place you live. This is supposed to be Canadian Edition, not "awarded based on population and voter concentration" edition.
    I was going to say the exact same thing before, but thought I would get flamed to death by the Calgarian's who think Calgary is the most amazing place to live. I work here and go home and night and stay at home. Like you said there is a lot better places that should be added and deserve it because the town/city works hard at making the city good. The only reason were a large city with people moving here all the time is because of the money and not because of the city.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

ANYWAYS
    for those who care

calgary's falling fast. vote pls vote.

My Ride
    DUBZ

Why vote for calgary? this city is shit!! we are to cheap to put on a fireworks show for new yr!! nothing ever exciting happens here! what? stampede?? LOL what a joke city calgary is

Just remember its the people that make a city what it is. If you live here and you're bashing it, you're part of the problem.
    ---

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Importz
    Why vote for calgary? this city is shit!! we are to cheap to put on a fireworks show for new yr!! nothing ever exciting happens here! what? stampede?? LOL what a joke city calgary is
    No one is preventing you from moving

EDIT: Calgary is number one with 4.9%.

Originally posted by Mar

we are talking about a fucking nlittle blue square with "calgary" written across it, not a fucking panoramic photo and full description of the city with all its amenities, parks and recreation facilities written on it

anyways, voted, but we are only ahead by .1
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Originally posted by Mar

- Gros Mourne
    - Halifax
    - Gravenhurst
    - Banff
    - Canmore
    - Montreal (Old Port)

what I find kind of funny is you think calgary and big cities would be a poor choice for this game because there "concrete jungles" but you do realize that monopoly is all about buying and selling, and the point is trying to get richer then the other players? imo calgary and all the "concrete jungles" would be perfect additions, why the hell would banff, halifax, canmore and other small towns without stong economies be in a game focusing primarily on having more money and expensive properties then the competition?

We have fallen .2% behind into second place as of 9:30 this morning

losing by .3 now.

fuck that french down is just voting like mad,

voted again!
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.

My Ride
    '89 Pathfinder, '92 Camry

Voted: Calgary, Victoria & Kelowna. 4.8%, down by .4% right now....

bump, we gotta keep this thread at the top, down by .5 now. dam those frenchies are stiff competition

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

voted! Let's ramp it up!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by chkolny541
    bump, we gotta keep this thread at the top, down by .5 now. dam those frenchies are stiff competition
    Them Frenchies have a stronger drive to be recognized, no surprise there.

Originally posted by darkrider911
    Voted: Calgary, Victoria & Kelowna. 4.8%, down by .4% right now....
    Same votes here!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast