Quantcast
Shovling snow from streetside parking spot ON TO THE STREET, Why??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Shovling snow from streetside parking spot ON TO THE STREET, Why???

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Default Shovling snow from streetside parking spot ON TO THE STREET, Why???

So, I am going to rant here, I have seen this probably 20 times in the past 3 days in my neighborhood (admittedly I live in the ghetto (Dover) and it's not known for breeding the most intelligent of people, but anyways...) shoveling snow, out of their street side parking spot, ON to the middle of the street... what is with this? Seriously? I get that it will aid the snow in melting faster, but do you honestly think it's a good idea to jeopardize people's safety and road conditions just to make the snow melt a bit faster?

The reason I complain is because I drive a civic, it's not "low" by any means, it is lowered, but only about 1.5" lower than stock, it's far from scraping the ground (on normal roads, I do scrape on speed bumps occasionally) but every time I drive pas one of these idiots that have shoveled the snow on to the street, I get a lovely playing of the little drummer boy on the floor pans in my car, it's not really concerning to me as far as damage goes, just really irritating that people can be so self absorbed as to not think their action effect other people.

so, DEAR GHETTO PEOPLE, STOP MAKING STUPID DECISIONS. Thanks

/rant
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    2013 FR-S

You answered your own question, it helps melt the snow faster.
    I don't get the reason for this thread...

If you have trouble driving over a little bit of snow in this warm weather, perhaps its your car thats "ghetto".
    ---

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Thaco
    So, I am going to rant here, I have seen this probably 20 times in the past 3 days in my neighborhood (admittedly I live in the ghetto (Dover) and it's not known for breeding the most intelligent of people, but anyways...) shoveling snow, out of their street side parking spot, ON to the middle of the street... what is with this? Seriously? I get that it will aid the snow in melting faster, but do you honestly think it's a good idea to jeopardize people's safety and road conditions just to make the snow melt a bit faster?

The reason I complain is because I drive a civic, it's not "low" by any means, it is lowered, but only about 1.5" lower than stock, it's far from scraping the ground (on normal roads, I do scrape on speed bumps occasionally) but every time I drive pas one of these idiots that have shoveled the snow on to the street, I get a lovely playing of the little drummer boy on the floor pans in my car, it's not really concerning to me as far as damage goes, just really irritating that people can be so self absorbed as to not think their action effect other people.

so, DEAR GHETTO PEOPLE, STOP MAKING STUPID DECISIONS. Thanks

/rant
    dear Thaco, stop being self absorbed yourself.

I do this very thing for a number of reasons.

first, the ruts that form down the road, get very deep, and thus make it very hard to get out of them to park infront of my house. Nothing sucks more then blocking traffic while attempting to parallel park and getting stuck on the ruts. But then, I guess I am being self absorbed by trying to keep traffic flowing.

2, in front of my house is the only sewer grate on my side of the block. If I do not clear the snow and ice away from it, water will freeze around my tires and then I am not going anywhere.

third, while my house is on a residential side street, many people like to rip up and down the road as a shortcut to the main drag. With the amount of children around, including my own, I will toss the snow out there in an attempt to slow some of the drivers down, and it works, except for the civics and golfs and the like (not a dig at you, just what I have seen). point and case, look how many times my jeep has been hit while parked infront of my house, and no, at each time, I had not cleared any of the snow at that point.

for myself, the whole melting part is just a bonus side effect. If you don't like it, return your car to it's stock ride height like everyone else.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

i know exactly what you mean. Instead of shoveling the fucking snow into their yard, they dump the entire contents of their driveway and sidewalks into the street, usually in two giant piles in the road at the end of their driveway.

I made a pretty nice powerpoint graphic of it once, but don't have the time to find it right now.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I actually did that to fill in the tire track grooves so I won't scrape.

Damn all those SUV/crossover who keep driving in the grooves and making them melt faster and leave a higher spot in the middle.

My Ride
    King Ranch with boots and a hat to match

Default Re: Shovling snow from streetside parking spot ON TO THE STREET, Why???

(admittedly I live in the ghetto (Dover) and it's not known for breeding the most intelligent of people, but anyways...)
    The reason I complain is because I drive a civic, it's not "low" by any means, it is lowered, but only about 1.5" lower than stock, it's far from scraping the ground (on normal roads, I do scrape on speed bumps occasionally)
    [/B]
    Clearly, you fit right into the neighborhood.

lol a sidewalk is for the city we do them a favor by cleaning it so people can walk and such. Shoveling the snow on the street thats where it belongs and yeah it does get annoying wen driving over it so if you want to rant call 311 and pay the city to clean your street

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Xtrema

Damn all those SUV/crossover who keep driving in the grooves and making them melt faster and leave a higher spot in the middle.
    This.

Last year during our only chinook, some seriously deep ruts were made in the snow, then the deep freeze came again, and it got retarded. It was almost impossible to get out of the ruts when someone was coming from the opposite direction (old neighborhood, with narrow streets).

You would have thought the people would have learned from last year, but nope, they're doing the exact same thing again this year.

I make it a point to NOT drive in the premade tracks when it's warm like this, so the ruts won't be quite as deep when the freeze comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I shovel snow onto the street so I can park beside our house, and people can get in an out of the driveway. Its annoying having to tow yourself out of your own parking spot everyday.

i've said this again and again, but this would all be solved if the city would just plow the fucking streets.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

They actually plowed my street a couple times, only to leave 2 foot banks on the side so no one could park or get into their driveway, and the ruts are still a good 4" deep at least.

My Ride

In other cities, they have bylaws against it. Think, people... you are putting snow ON the road and complaining that the roads aren't cleared enough? And the answer to snow ruts is more snow?

I seriously wonder about people in this town sometimes.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Theres a law against it here to im pretty sure, everyone does it anyway.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

there is a law, but the law allows you to shovel your sidewalk into the street. I dont think you can for your whole driveway though.

For me, it is a non-issue. I don't have a driveway. What I clear is where I park, on the road. so the snow I move, is already on the road.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I think it is lame too, people should dump shit on the road like that. I live in the SW and people living along the big street always empty the snow from their driveway onto the road, so an otherwise clear road is piled up with snow every so often, I think it is disrespectful to other people when they do that. Pile it on the damn lawn.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Default Re: Re: Shovling snow from streetside parking spot ON TO THE STREET, Why???

Originally posted by Quiet10

You answered your own question, it helps melt the snow faster.
    I don't get the reason for this thread...
    And throwing it on to their lawn wouldn't accomplish the same thing? or breaking it up but leaving it where it is...
    Originally posted by kenny
    If you have trouble driving over a little bit of snow in this warm weather, perhaps its your car thats "ghetto".
    Since when is a latemodel civic ghetto? i dont have issues, i simply said it's irritating and i shouldn't have to do it.
    Originally posted by spikers
    dear Thaco, stop being self absorbed yourself.

I do this very thing for a number of reasons.

first, the ruts that form down the road, get very deep, and thus make it very hard to get out of them to park infront of my house. Nothing sucks more then blocking traffic while attempting to parallel park and getting stuck on the ruts. But then, I guess I am being self absorbed by trying to keep traffic flowing.
    throw it on your lawn?
    2, in front of my house is the only sewer grate on my side of the block. If I do not clear the snow and ice away from it, water will freeze around my tires and then I am not going anywhere.
    see above
    third, while my house is on a residential side street, many people like to rip up and down the road as a shortcut to the main drag. With the amount of children around, including my own, I will toss the snow out there in an attempt to slow some of the drivers down, and it works, except for the civics and golfs and the like (not a dig at you, just what I have seen). point and case, look how many times my jeep has been hit while parked infront of my house, and no, at each time, I had not cleared any of the snow at that point.
    and you honestly think this is going to slow them down?
    for myself, the whole melting part is just a bonus side effect. If you don't like it, return your car to it's stock ride height like everyone else.
    returning my car to stock height wont fix stupid.

i shouldn't have to change my car to accommodate idiots.

i don't complain when there is a foot of snow and i cant drive it, because that's nobody's fault but my own, but when other people's stupidity prevents me from driving, that's when i get annoyed.
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    I actually did that to fill in the tire track grooves so I won't scrape.

you seriously think that'll help? when the snow is this soft, the next car truck or SUV down your street will recreate the ruts, this is really a BS excuse.
    Originally posted by FlySi

Clearly, you fit right into the neighborhood.
    <3
    Originally posted by Jetta-2.0
    lol a sidewalk is for the city we do them a favor by cleaning it so people can walk and such. Shoveling the snow on the street thats where it belongs and yeah it does get annoying wen driving over it so if you want to rant call 311 and pay the city to clean your street
    i said nothing about sidewalks.
    Originally posted by Tik-Tok

This.

Last year during our only chinook, some seriously deep ruts were made in the snow, then the deep freeze came again, and it got retarded. It was almost impossible to get out of the ruts when someone was coming from the opposite direction (old neighborhood, with narrow streets).

You would have thought the people would have learned from last year, but nope, they're doing the exact same thing again this year.

I make it a point to NOT drive in the premade tracks when it's warm like this, so the ruts won't be quite as deep when the freeze comes back.
    ok, that might make sense to fill the ruts when we re-freeze, but that's nowhere in the forecast in this situation. also, many of the streets this is happenign on are totally clear of snow in the driving lanes, except twhere these idiots throw the snow.
    Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    I shovel snow onto the street so I can park beside our house, and people can get in an out of the driveway. Its annoying having to tow yourself out of your own parking spot everyday.
    throw it on your lawn?
    Originally posted by nonlinear
    i've said this again and again, but this would all be solved if the city would just plow the fucking streets.

that's difficult to do with streetside parking.
    Originally posted by Abeo
    In other cities, they have bylaws against it. Think, people... you are putting snow ON the road and complaining that the roads aren't cleared enough? And the answer to snow ruts is more snow?

I seriously wonder about people in this town sometimes.
    my point exactly
    Last edited by Thaco; 01-14-2010 at 12:43 PM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Default Re: Re: Re: Shovling snow from streetside parking spot ON TO THE STREET, Why???

throw it on your lawn?

Yes, im definately going to take snow thats already on the street, carry it over the sidewalk, then lift it up over a 3 ft retaining wall, that would be so much easier than just leaving it on the road and pushing it over a bit.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

fuck that, my lawn has enough of a hard time growing to toss gravel and road salt onto it.

your right, you can't fix stupid. if you could, you would know that returning to stock height means less chance of "playing little drummer boy on your under-carriage.

and yes, for the most part, it does work in slowing people down.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

I'm on Thaco's side on this one. Put it on your fucking lawn, not the street.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast