Quantcast
The Book of Eli - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: The Book of Eli

My Ride
    See sig

Default The Book of Eli

Having seen the movie The Road a few days earlier, I couldn't believe the similarities between the two. The Book of Eli being the one with the bigger budget and more action. I would still give it a 7.5/10, but it would have been an 8.5/10 had it been more original... Movie was pretty much filmed on location in Fallout 3.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

My Ride
    02' dc5

Totally got the fallout 3 feeling from it but it was still a great movie. Was one with alot of thinking involved symbolism and such.
    Could see english teachers showing this in class and asking kids to write papers on it.

I thought it was good the end was a big twist where i was like wth.

I dunno , it was good in some ways , but the plot was just so short and predictable.. It had a bit of a mad max feel to it as well..

Id give it a 7/10
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    is Invisible

Movie was just okay for me. I wouldnt recommend watching it.

An exceedingly deep philosophical film, there are many layers here. However this may be lost on those who are just looking for a shoot-em-up.

An incredibly well presented thought experiment.

My only gripe would be the casting of Mila Kunis; she did a so-so job in the role. I think a more talented actress could've better portrayed the genuine emotion required for certain scenes.
    Last edited by ixlr8; 01-17-2010 at 05:45 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Loved this movie - thought it was great! The huge twist shouldn't have been a huge twist but I was too caught up in the movie to notice all those clues thrown at me.

Mad Max with black people

effects / characters were ok. story drags, action scenes few and far between. many expected more.

My Ride
    See sig

I wouldn't call it 'deep' but it is multi-dimensional. I'm kind of hoping for an alternate ending... like with I Am Legend that was actually better than the theatrical version.

Spoiler:
    Something like when he's rowing out to alcatraz... he gets there and there is nobody there, it was all in his head. I think that would be a great way to end. Him being 'blind' the whole time REALLY puts that cheezy-superhero (anybody see that movie daredevil?) spin on the whole film. Keep it as action/drama and within the realm of possibility. Also, anyone catch the K-mart nametag?
    Last edited by bituerbo; 01-17-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

Originally posted by bituerbo
    I wouldn't call it 'deep' but it is multi-dimensional.

As I alluded to, most won't get it all, but those that have taken some philosophy (epistemology/metaphysics/ethics) courses will see what the general public will not.

Not to mention the portrayal of key Taoist and Buddhist tenets which compliment the transparent Judeo-Christian aspects.

Overall a fantastic take on the deluge myth, with many hidden gems for those that care to look for them.
    Last edited by ixlr8; 01-17-2010 at 10:26 PM.

My Ride
    '10 Civic

An interesting movie. Like previously mentioned, at face value people see a satisfactory at best movie,

but if you look deeper into the story, it is really interesting and thought provoking.

Overall, 7/10

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

I thought it was an alright movie. It started off fast but unfortunately went a decline and by the time it was over I wasn't really sure.

I like Mila Kunis but I agree she wasn't up to par compared with the other actors, also the ending was just baffling and stupid, could have easily done without the last minute or so.

My Ride
    98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro

Originally posted by ixlr8

As I alluded to, most won't get it all, but those that have taken some philosophy (epistemology/metaphysics/ethics) courses will see what the general public will not.

Not to mention the portrayal of key Taoist and Buddhist tenets which compliment the transparent Judeo-Christian aspects.

Overall a fantastic take on the deluge myth, with many hidden gems for those that care to look for them.
    You sound like one of those really pretentious philosophical guys... no offense of course...

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

An exceedingly deep philosophical film, there are many layers here. However this may be lost on those who are just looking for a shoot-em-up.

An incredibly well presented thought experiment.

You sound like a guy that not many people like.

watched it today, i enjoyed it. When it comes out on blue-ray ill buy it for sure. Denzel Washington just makes great movies. As for Mila Kunis, pretty much agree with what everyone else commented. Over all 8/10

as for the above comment...oh snap!!
    you aint dubbin. if you aint rubbin.