Quantcast
what to look for in a protien powder - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what to look for in a protien powder

My Ride
    09 hyundai accent hatch

Default what to look for in a protien powder

What do you guys look for in a protien power?

Background: I was a phsyically fit kid played hockey at a high level and never needed to workout. When i was 18 i got in a car accident and it messed me up pretty bad. I am now 24 and according to my doctors i am ready to get back into hockey and working out. I lost 30 pounds from just changing my diet and am looking to kick it up a notch. I only work out with weights 2-3 times a week just to start but i play hockey and get out as much as i can. I figure a protein powder would start to help a little more. So what do i look for? Whey, creatien, soy whey? Are calories and fat important? What do you look for when you are looking for a new powder or what do you like about the one you use.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    sedan

you are spelling protein wrong, that's why it's not coming up in a search.
    "protein" comes up with over 50 thread hits in the health/fitness sections.

Do a search, start reading.
    Protein isn't something that needs to be asked so often.
    Last edited by TimeAttack; 01-17-2010 at 02:11 PM.

My Ride
    09 hyundai accent hatch

Originally posted by TimeAttack

Typed it correctly and wasted alot time time reading threads that mention protein but dont answer any of my questions. I will go join a workout forum should have known better
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Whey Protein (isolates/concentrate/hydro): Fast acting proteins - eat after workouts

Casein/Egg Protein: Slow/Medium acting protein - eat during long periods of no food/before sleep

Soy: Increases estrogen potentially - don't eat

Fats: Slows down digestion. You will want to eat fat if you want to slow down the protein digestion (no wanted post workout.)

Creatine: You can't spell it correctly, and I don't think you're at that level yet (not that it's really hardcore or anything.) Get the basics down first like diet and protein.

My Ride
    06 F-150

People like you on these forums piss me off. Does it hurt you to have someone ask a question that has already been asked? And do you really need to call people on incorrect spelling? If everyone used the search feature for everything there would be no threads because everything has already been covered on Beyond at some point I am sure.

Get a life.

My Ride
    sedan

Originally posted by chathamf

People like you on these forums piss me off. Does it hurt you to have someone ask a question that has already been asked? And do you really need to call people on incorrect spelling? If everyone used the search feature for everything there would be no threads because everything has already been covered on Beyond at some point I am sure.

Get a life.
    OP: My bad, I was not aware that you already did a search with correct spelling....

chathamf: If people like me piss you off, add me to your ignore list and quit your bitching.
    No one is forcing you to read my posts.

Now that the OP has explained that he has already searched I can now offer advice/experience.

I use "PERFECT WHEY" (in capital letters)

Intense Flavour

Strawberry Ice

5LBS

fat 1.3g per serving
    28g protein per serving

Picture: http://www.peak7nutrition.com/Perfect%20Whey.JPG

To be honest though, the flavour isn't as intense as it says on the bottle, it's kind of weak flavour, kinda like strawberry whipped cream kind of flavour, not too intense.

OP: I think you should buy the exact same stuff and ingest it in large quantities.
    I am so strong because of this stuff, such large muscles and such. Take a look at the 3 month challenge thread(TurboD), and that was only one or two servings to get those results. Just imagine if I took this stuff every day!

Now that I have more value to this thread, chathamf, would you like to know what I HATE? It's useless hypocrite idiots like yourself that post to bitch and never input any information relevant to the thread.
    Last edited by TimeAttack; 01-18-2010 at 12:47 AM.

OP: I think you should buy the exact same stuff and ingest it in large quantities.
    I am so strong because of this stuff, such large muscles and such. Take a look at the 3 month challenge thread(TurboD), and that was only one or two servings to get those results. Just imagine if I took this stuff every day!

are you serious?

you think you would be bigger if you drank lotsa of protein..........true you would....but you would also require that amount, or else youll get fat

really?

your so strong because of protein.....

Last edited by GQBalla; 01-18-2010 at 09:11 AM.

My Ride
    sedan

^ I was joking, haha
    I should have added a sarcasm icon but I didn't think it was needed.

If you seen the pics in that thread you would know I was fulla crap, haha.

My Ride
    09 WRX

Originally posted by GQBalla

are you serious?

you think you would be bigger if you drank lotsa of protein..........true you would....but you would also require that amount, or else youll get fat

really?

your so strong because of protein.....

I don't know where Time Attack came from, but he seems to be the smartest troll I have ever seen. Like a contributer in disguise. It's very frustrating.

My Ride
    sedan

Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

I don't know where Time Attack came from, but he seems to be the smartest troll I have ever seen. Like a contributer in disguise. It's very frustrating.
    Feel free to add me to your ignore list, I don't think it would be fair to force you to read my posts.
    Btw, if i'm a troll contributor, what does that make you? "contributor critic"? or "misunderstanding police"?
    In charge of critiquing all misunderstandings in threads and to make sure no conclusions are met based on evidence?
    Or to make sure sarcasm is always declared?
    Last edited by TimeAttack; 01-18-2010 at 12:15 PM.

And so it begins again. Same shit for brains know it all posts by TurdD in every thread in the fitness forum. Spouting off fact until he gets caught and then crying out that everyone should be able to post opinions.
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    sedan

Get caught?
    Get caught doing what?

What facts have I spouted off?
    I gave my opinion on a protein that I use.

I think you need to re-read the other posts in this thread to find out who is really crying. Re-read your own while your at it.

If you are calling me a "know it all" for being able to spell protein, then I can accept that.

More like, here we go again, lint thinks you need to be mr Olympia before you can post what brand protein you use.

If we do a tally, only liquid and myself have posted relevant information in this thread.
    Last edited by TimeAttack; 01-18-2010 at 12:24 PM.

How quickly you forget the shit you spouted off in the monkey pullups thread. Change the name, but the turd just stays the same.

You don't have to be Mr Olympia to post. You should be able to apply some knowledge to be taken seriously. Who the fuck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?
    heloc that shit

More like, here we go again, lint thinks you need to be mr Olympia before you can post what brand protein you use.
    you probably get sucked in to using cell-tech ahah

My Ride
    sedan

I missed you guys too!

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

LOL It's hard to exactly pin point it but this dude is suspiciously different haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    sedan

In the same post you both defended monkey pullups and called me a sissy.

LOL - that monkey pullup thread is almost a year old and you are still crying about it.

This is for you lint:

I hereby concede that lint is totally correct, you must integrate monkey pullups into your routine if you want to be a heavy weight powerlifter.
    Monkey pullups are a key component to power lifting, and without them, you are likely to never be successful in powerlifting.

Monkey pullups are the best exercise for really big muscles and strength. Forget what people have told you about deadlifts, bench, and squats, what you really need to focus on is weighted monkey pullups.

I will now change my gym routine to be monkey pullups for 20 sets every single day and hope that I turn into a powerlifter.

Any idiot can see how a swinging hang from a bar could directly translate into lifting 500lbs off the ground.
    Last edited by TimeAttack; 01-18-2010 at 03:26 PM.

My Ride
    09 WRX

Feel free to add me to your ignore list, I don't think it would be fair to force you to read my posts.
    Btw, if i'm a troll contributor, what does that make you? "contributor critic"? or "misunderstanding police"?
    In charge of critiquing all misunderstandings in threads and to make sure no conclusions are met based on evidence?
    Or to make sure sarcasm is always declared?
    I don't want to ignore you. I like reading some of the things you have to say.

Stay on topic big guy

Edit: TimeAttack: If you keep telling everyone to put you on to their ignore list then who will read your posts?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I missed you guys too!
    You were banned for a reason the first go around.

To the OP: protein whey is pretty basic stuff. There are variations of the mix (ie- casein, soy, etc. etc.), but if you're just getting into lifting/fitness and aren't in tune with the demands of your body quite yet, grab whatever whey tastes good and you'll actually drink.

I always grab whey with as little carbs as possible so that they don't factor into my diet in any other way aside from protein, but that's just my preference.

Just don't get conned into spending a ton of money on whey. It's whey, nothing immensely complicated.

I buy Kaizen brand protein from Costco. Price is good and few additivies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast