Quantcast
Pizza Delivery - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pizza Delivery

Default Pizza Delivery

Just want to hear what do you tip the pizza delivery guy.

Three of my favourite:

originally posted by "paulb1320"

(so tight that my hands went numb in minutes and a have bruises, infact my hands are still numb, 2 hours later)

I'm going to find each and every one of your little internet friends!

I now feel like I went into shock. I started breathing heavily and lost my sense of what was going on.

Last edited by know1edge; 06-24-2013 at 09:44 PM.

My Ride
    2002 Honda Civic Lx

Thats messed up

I noticed that delivery guys usually keep the pizza in a zipped bag and only open it once they're ready to hand you the pizza...
    I Make It Do What It Do

My Ride
    '97 Nissan Pathfinder LE

$5.

I'm delivering pizza right now for my winter job, can't say I've ever done what that guy has done before.

I thought there already was a huge thread about tipping and such on here? If I recall correctly, it was pretty heated about whether to tip or not.
    Some people are funny. They spend money they don't have, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't like.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

^^ I'm surprised. Better not order again if you're not tipping lol.

i don't have pizza delivered anymore. i was having too many problems with pizzas showing up an hour late, cold, etc. etc. etc. and then having to tip and pay delivery charge on top of that. (seriously, a delivery charge and tip should not equal 40% of the cost of the pizza, which it easily can when ordering from Gondola - my favorite place). anyhow, i went to Real Canadian Wholesale and bought a pro pizza delivery bag for like $30. i've probably saved hundreds of bucks in delivery fees since then, AND my pizza is always on time and piping hot cause I am in control of when it's picked up and delivered.

My Ride
    Hondas

Originally posted by RizenSun
    Thats messed up

I noticed that delivery guys usually keep the pizza in a zipped bag and only open it once they're ready to hand you the pizza...
    Funny you say that, because that's exactly what would have happened in this case. Did you not notice he slipped it back into the bag?

My Ride
    02' dc5

I HATE tipping with a passion, not because im cheap, because retards expect it when they do a shitty as job.
    When I have to wait an hour and half for pizza why the hell should I tip you, I've sent pizza guys away that took that long.

Same if the dumbass waiter takes forever to give me a refill suck it up because your not getting a tip. If they worked for it im more then willing to tip well but little shits these days expect it no matter what and get upset when they don't recieve. Idiots

My Ride

Originally posted by 2Valve0
    I HATE tipping with a passion, not because im cheap, because retards expect it when they do a shitty as job.
    When I have to wait an hour and half for pizza why the hell should I tip you, I've sent pizza guys away that took that long.

Same if the dumbass waiter takes forever to give me a refill suck it up because your not getting a tip. If they worked for it im more then willing to tip well but little shits these days expect it no matter what and get upset when they don't recieve. Idiots
    What is your definition of tipping well?

When I delivered a few years ago, average was about 4 Dollars for Dominos. very, VERY rarely did someone ever get delivered a Cold pizza. Well I guess having a turbo car kinda helped that situation

hahah, i love this dude ^^^^

My Ride
    Hondas

I don't hate tipping, but if we've gotten bad service at a restaurant my wife will usually pay the tab, because she knows I'll tip sweet fuck all.

Bad service, no tip... simple as that... I'm not a high maintenance patron, but I expect a certain level of effort to be put forth. I don't mind if the server gets all pissy because they have to tip out the kitchen staff and the table they just served ends up costing them out of pocket. That's the way it should be. Hopefully then they fucking quit and free up that position at the restaurant for someone that will try harder.

If the restaurant is packed, and clearly understaffed I am understanding but IMO its quite easy to tell if the server is just bad at their job or if they're swamped.

oops, am I ranting?

My Ride

You'd have to do REALLY bad in order for me not to tip. If service leaves more than to be desired, I only leave 10% and that's pretty bad. Otherwise, the usual is 15% on larger bills and maybe more if it's something that doesn't cost much and 15% seems small.

I remember eating white chocolate brownie at Moxies one time during a full house and I felt bad for the waitress because we only ordered a single item to share and spend maybe 30 minutes or longer at peak times. So I just dropped a $20 and damn she was excited that she ran up to another waitress and was like "OMG look what I got.. etc.."

But then, the ONLY time I never tipped sitting down was when I ate at that Bagolac Vietnamese restaurant (near Chinook) when it was still owned by the chubby guy who now owns all the Tai Thai's and drives a Corvette. I asked for a fucking spoon 5 times and the bitch just forgets or ignored me and if I had to ask 5 times for a spoon then I already finished my damn pho. Gave no tip and she actually called me out on it.. She made a whole scene and was like.. "WHAT, no TIP?" And I said "Yeah, well I asked for a fucking spoon 5 times.. And you just forgot.." Then she said, "Well what about the kitchen? They make the food.. Bla Bla.." So I said "Alright, Here's $1.00 for the kitchen. But it's for the kitchen, not you." And both my guest and I stormed out totally pissed and we never ate there again. No insult to the owner though, just happened I got a bitch server. I know the owner when he used to own it and he's a nice guy.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

I generally tip 15% for 2 people, but 20% when i bring my
    3 idiot sons and they drink like 10 sodas each.
    God bless Boston Pizza.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    POS

I've delivered chinese food and pizza for a while and hands down, chinese food got more tips. But one time I had a fob friend who came with me on some pizza orders and I let him take one to the door and the guy grabs the bag like a briefcase and started walking to the door. I only noticed when he was about to ring the bell and I yelled at him to keep it flat just before the customer opened the door.

I'm within a 5 minute drive of numerous popular pizza joints, I take the 10 minutes and drive there and back myself.

No delivery surcharge, no tip, no waiting and the pizza is hot & fresh, every time.

Win all around.

Tips are earned, not mandatory. I tip well when I receive good service as I used to work in the industry and made good money doing so... you have to earn that money by providing top notch service...

...but too many servers/delivery folk these days believe they are always entitled to a gratuity, and sadly, they are mistaken. Poor service = no tip...

...or if I'm in the mood, I'll leave a penny. It seems to really drive home the point that yes, I'm not leaving you a tip, and no, I didn't just forget to leave one. lol.
    Last edited by masoncgy; 01-20-2010 at 09:55 AM.

My Ride
    2002 Accord

Good service - 20%

Ok service - 10%

Bad service - rounded up to nearest dollar.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I always just leave 10% as my standard. Shit gets expenseive when your already spending 75 bucks for two people. People just love throwing around money nowadays like theres no tommorow. If I get bad service, I leave nothing. simple.

Usually tip pizza delivery guy $3-$5 depending how long it took. If driving conditions are not good then I usually give $5.

As for restaurants it just depends on the service.

What I hate are all these restaurants doing automatic gratuity. 6 or more ppl = automatic 18% regardless of how you do. My idea of a tip is when you provide good service above what you are supposed to do. Making sure everything is alright, keeping drinks topped up, good attitude. Not just take order and put food down. Its just a way for already overpriced restaurants to save salary cost by paying minimum wage but offering up automatic gratuity as incentive for servers.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

I think $4-$5 in normal for the delivery guy, I say that because unless he's an ass at the door there really is no service except for driving to your house. So at 3am on a Sunday morning you're drunk and want some pizza your only option really is delivery and if it's snowing out and -20c I think $10 is not a bad thing to be tipping. Some places only send out from one central location after 1am, so he might have to drive anywhere from a few km's to upto 20km just to get to your house, so again depending on the time of day, the weather, or how drunk I am I'll tip anywhere from $4-$15... Less then $4 if he's being an ass.
    Three of my favourite:

originally posted by "paulb1320"

(so tight that my hands went numb in minutes and a have bruises, infact my hands are still numb, 2 hours later)

I'm going to find each and every one of your little internet friends!

I now feel like I went into shock. I started breathing heavily and lost my sense of what was going on.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast