Quantcast
what to do about a coyote sighting. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what to do about a coyote sighting.

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

i saw on the discovery channel that you have to run in a zig zag formation.... oh wait we are talking about coyotes? run towards them.

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Originally posted by Dilmah
    I like to carry a big anvil, a large rock and a 4X10, then what you do is place the 4X10 over the rock get the coyote to throw the anvil to one side while standing on the other end of the 4X10, he flies in the air, lands back on the 4X10 and the anvil flies over and hits him in the head!!! Or you could try a large magnet...
    I carry around a portable hole. If they run at me I throw the hole and they fall in.

My Ride
    Audi

Coyotes normally stay away from people. The city won't do anything until they attack a person.

I have a few coyotes in my neighborhood (I actually found the den last year). They do a good job controlling the rabbits + stray cat population.

It's actually quite remarkable how they operate. My neighbor's lab will chase 2 coyotes together, 1 will break off and try to circle around and catch the lab inbetween from the rear.

we live off a green space and hear them almost every night. They are always around, in the park, chasing down rabbits. Last fall there was an injured deer they finished off, and they dragged the deer around for days...it was totally gross, but they have always been around Calgary.

We live in Canada with urban wildlife. Consider us lucky we don't have to go to the zoo to see what one looks like.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

^^ Put a hurtin on them Coyotes!
    Last edited by broken_legs; 01-19-2010 at 01:22 PM.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-15-2019 at 02:57 PM.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

oh and this too

TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

This is a pretty sad thread. You should lock yourself in your basement and think really hard why you live in Canada.

My Ride
    Q5 + D675

we need the coyotes to control the abundance of rabbits. I live in the nw, at night everywhere you look theres always one or two rabbits scurrying about. I don't see coyotes as often. Though when I do, they always look to have a full belly.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by snoop101
    This is a pretty sad thread. You should lock yourself in your basement and think really hard why you live in Canada.

Hey.. if it wasn't the coyotes terrorizing him, it'd be the large black squirrels staring menacingly down from the trees, and following him through the park.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by snoop101
    This makes absolutley no sense. A lot of the general public is not sure what to do with coyotes me being one of them.

Originally posted by Dilmah
    I like to carry a big anvil, a large rock and a 4X10, then what you do is place the 4X10 over the rock get the coyote to throw the anvil to one side while standing on the other end of the 4X10, he flies in the air, lands back on the 4X10 and the anvil flies over and hits him in the head!!! Or you could try a large magnet...
    And as long as you're wearing this costume, it'll never get you.

Last edited by slowboy; 01-19-2010 at 02:30 PM.

My Ride
    CBR 929

City won't do anything about them unless they bite/attack a person or child. There is a house that backs onto a pathway near me about 20ft from a playground and up the path is an elementary school, they had one broken fence board in their fence and a coyote moved in and had a litter of puppies under their shed.

They called the city and the city told them to hire a private exterminator but would do nothing about it themselves.

Kids coming home from school would feed the puppies and the pups would come out at night and run around the pathway.

I thought the city would do something about it as a mother coyote with puppies living 20 ft from a playground seems a little dangerous.

They waited until she left one night with the pups and boarded up the fence.

They are usually very scared of people however could be dangerous to smaller pets if you are out walking.

[url]

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by desipwr

This makes absolutley no sense. A lot of the general public is not sure what to do with coyotes me being one of them.
    You co-exist...I see foxes. moose, deer all the time. It's nice to see wildlife and these animals pose little to no danger as long as you have half a brain.

Funny thing happened the other night, I was walking my basset hound without a leash and there was a fox right across the street. Both my dog and the fox starred at eachother for 30 seconds unsure what to do.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

haha my sisters dog chased 4 around fish creek for about 1.5 hours sunday, then he saw some dear and chased them for a while.. fucking huskies lol

Originally posted by slowboy

And as long as you're wearing this costume, it'll never get you.

Just watch out for the bird food on the side of the road, it's a trap. Eat it really fast and run!
    Three of my favourite:

originally posted by "paulb1320"

(so tight that my hands went numb in minutes and a have bruises, infact my hands are still numb, 2 hours later)

I'm going to find each and every one of your little internet friends!

I now feel like I went into shock. I started breathing heavily and lost my sense of what was going on.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by desipwr

Sorry but you live in Canada. The general Public does know what to do and thats nothing. Like so many others have said that coyotes are more affraid of you then you are of them. The only time that they would cause a threat is if there with thier cubs or put up against a wall with no way to get out.

I might be a little more used to this and im sure theres a lot more who have hunted or grew up in country setting where wild animals are so wild anymore.

My Ride
    X100 | A80

Coyotes attacked my two dogs earlier this year in fish creek, the wise one ran all the way home, and my jackrussel took them on. He got the one to start to run away, but he chased him into about 3 other coyotes. He did alright, little torn ear and a couple little marks here and there. Went and bought some slingshots for next time we see them.
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

You should run around in a circle waving your hands in the air while yelling "COYOTE!!! COYOTE!!!" so that all can hear your warning.

My Ride
    WRX

Originally posted by Kardon
    Coyotes attacked my two dogs earlier this year in fish creek, the wise one ran all the way home, and my jackrussel took them on. He got the one to start to run away, but he chased him into about 3 other coyotes. He did alright, little torn ear and a couple little marks here and there. Went and bought some slingshots for next time we see them.
    Haha! freaking Terriers! Mine started chasing one through a wide open field. Luckily she couldn't keep up in the deep snow and gave up the chase before the dark, scary forest where the rest of the pack was probably waiting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast