Quantcast
HTC Dream unlocking issue - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: HTC Dream unlocking issue

Default HTC Dream unlocking issue

Bought an HTC Dream, got the unlock code, instructions prompt me to put the sim in and ill get an invalid sim msg and be asked for a code, but that's not happening. Where can i input the code on this?

Thanks

My Ride
    AWOL

Are you putting a non-authorized SIM in it? What does it say?

Yeah im putting in a fido sim to a rogers locked phone. It just says emergency calls only. And then if i try to do a regular call it says Not registered on network.

The place I did it through (mobileincanada.com) doesn't seem to be getting back to me on proper instructions via email, and nobody seems to be answering their phone. Any help greatly appreciated.

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

Thats weird, the Rogers Dreams will accept a Fido SIM without any modifications. HTC made it so that they are open for Rogers and Fido.

And I'm not saying this from what I heard. I read it on the internet, and then picked up a Rogers Dream from the store and popped my Fido SIM in it, and it worked no problem. Only thing I had to do after that was change the network APN's and such so I could use 3G.

Yeah that's what I read as well. Figured it should work fine. No such luck.

My Ride
    AWOL

Is there a network selection menu you need to fiddle with?

Yeah that was it, but now the phone doesnt seem to be receiving texts. It can send but nothing that is incoming registers. Also the touch keyboard doesnt work either it just doesnt appear. I compared it side by side to another one, one had a touch keyboard show up on mine it didnt.

There were two differences between the phones, mine says it's an HTC Dream, the other says it's a G1 (was bought from the US not sure if that's why?) and my software shows 1.5 the other phone 1.6.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by boostless
    Yeah that was it, but now the phone doesnt seem to be receiving texts. It can send but nothing that is incoming registers. Also the touch keyboard doesnt work either it just doesnt appear. I compared it side by side to another one, one had a touch keyboard show up on mine it didnt.

There were two differences between the phones, mine says it's an HTC Dream, the other says it's a G1 (was bought from the US not sure if that's why?) and my software shows 1.5 the other phone 1.6.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    I think you might of gotten a defective one, because i heard from a rogers rep, that on jan 15th they were suppose to stop all htc dream sales, because they sent out a batch of defective phones. Not sure when you got your phone
    Originally posted by JustinGTP
    I ran past the Toyota display and when they asked why I was running through I said it was because I couldn't stop. Hahaha.