Quantcast
Roll up your windows!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll up your windows!!!

My Ride
    Loud ass Dodge-deal with it

Default Roll up your windows!!!

As soon as my engine's broken in and she gets a programmer, I'll be the a-hole at the red light that'll fill your window with black diesel smoke! So make sure I can't hear that faggoty ass Banana Republic soundtrack when you pull up next to me in your tweaked out Civic that sounds like angry bees!

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

Identity crisis?

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Haha I love doing that to people, I guess i am an a-hole too

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Kettle black.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Never have owned a civic. My bet is that those same civic drivers will be laughing at you at the service station and again when you have your truck in the shop every 6 months getting one of the following replaced or repaired...
    lift pumps, injection pumps, steering pumps, death wobble, abs sensors, auto trans.

please don't get me going on civics again hahhaa

that said, OP, you're being a fuckin' redneck! get a life!!!
    Last edited by nonlinear; 01-23-2010 at 11:23 AM.

My Ride
    can go anywhere

My guess is considering its a cummins it wont be that fast anyways.

My Ride
    boosted crvtec civic

wont the OP feel stupid when a civic blows his doors off

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

I love those diesel truck guys that think black smoke = power.

Reality check diesel boys! Black smoke = running rich = get a proper tune and not some 'click-click' setting programer, and maybe, just maybe, you'll make some decent power instead of just noise.

Reminds me of the time at the track last year at Secret Street when I was lined up against a big smoking Ford that had a decal that said 'Real trucks don't have spark plugs', but my little X-Runner beat his ass...

My Ride

Originally posted by misterrick
    wont the OP feel stupid when a civic blows his doors off
    Ah but yes... past the 1/4 mile, I agree... Little chance vs. a properly modded ricer. BUT, a 20 psi 4wd boosted launch... well that's like putting 800+ft lb of torque to the ground instantly... so forget about that one one too.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Vince1

Ah but yes... past the 1/4 mile, I agree... Little chance vs. a properly modded ricer. BUT, a 20 psi 4wd boosted launch... well that's like putting 800+ft lb of torque to the ground instantly... so forget about that one one too.
    you must have some fucking great tires to get that much power to the ground from a stand still

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

Originally posted by ercchry

you must have some fucking great tires to get that much power to the ground from a stand still
    Didnt you hear? BFG makes some crazy slicks in a 305/60/18 size now!

My Ride

Originally posted by CivicDXR

Reality check diesel boys! Black smoke = running rich = get a proper tune and not some 'click-click' setting programer, and maybe, just maybe, you'll make some decent power instead of just noise.

Reminds me of the time at the track last year at Secret Street when I was lined up against a big smoking Ford that had a decal that said 'Real trucks don't have spark plugs', but my little X-Runner beat his ass...
    No programmers yet for me. Had 2 and nothing but trouble, don't even know for sure if I'm gonna run one. Fuel, air and billet is the only way I mod.

Combustion=rich/lean, compression ignition=hot/cold. To make that kind of power with no actual ignition you need more fuel which will not burn off completely unless the cylinders are hot enough to basically blow the engine up. To make that kind of power with a diesel you need to run it "rich" so to speak.

And you beat him cuz it was a Ford lol but ya seriously, that's a sweet looking ride beat a diesel anyday, I agree. 8000lb top heavy truck is useless past 1/4 mile... I signed up here mainly because I'm sick of all the diesel forums where truck owners actually think they have a chance vs. a car like yours for example... I love my truck, I'm a proud dieselhead but reality is what it is... It's been easier for me to understand lately why you guys feel the way you do about diesel guys. Made a lot of good friends in that community, met a lot of complete tools as well...

My Ride
    boosted crvtec civic

the smoke is a way of marking their territory

and real trucks are the ones that arent driven for the sole purpose of being obnoxious

My Ride

Thats a big part of the reason I signed up here... I made a lot of good friends in the diesel community but I also met a lot of tools who somehow think they can beat a modded Subaru with a 8000lb top heavy truck... And the whole Redneck thing? Meh... I been a skater all my life, I only drink Crorona and I date an Asian girl so F that... I'm not a gun toting pilsner drinking redneck just cuz I'm proud of my loud ass truck. We all love our vehicles rightfully so!

My Ride
    boosted crvtec civic

correct me if im wrong but wouldnt a 20psi fwd launch with 18" wide slicks be just as fast?

pretty sure the tires your running arent ideal tires for the track.... 4wd or not, tires have limitations

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

No programmers yet for me. Had 2 and nothing but trouble, don't even know for sure if I'm gonna run one. Fuel, air and billet is the only way I mod.

Combustion=rich/lean, compression ignition=hot/cold. To make that kind of power with no actual ignition you need more fuel which will not burn off completely unless the cylinders are hot enough to basically blow the engine up. To make that kind of power with a diesel you need to run it "rich" so to speak.

And you beat him cuz it was a Ford lol but ya seriously, that's a sweet looking ride beat a diesel anyday, I agree. 8000lb top heavy truck is useless past 1/4 mile... I signed up here mainly because I'm sick of all the diesel forums where truck owners actually think they have a chance vs. a car like yours for example... I love my truck, I'm a proud dieselhead but reality is what it is... It's been easier for me to understand lately why you guys feel the way you do about diesel guys. Made a lot of good friends in that community, met a lot of complete tools as well...
    It's great to have you a board man but you aren't going to make any friends calling people out. We all laugh at the ricer can civic owners thumping Chris Sheppards Club Cutz Volume 3 but acting high and mighty because you have a modded diesel truck is exactly why diesel truck tuners have a bad rep. Chill out just a bit, post some pics of your beast and everything will be fine.

My Ride

Originally posted by misterrick

correct me if im wrong but wouldnt a 20psi fwd launch with 18" wide slicks be just as fast?

pretty sure the tires your running arent ideal tires for the track.... 4wd or not, tires have limitations
    Indeed would be, but no way you're putting down 1000 ft lbs of torque no matter how much more HP you have. I have yet to do a boosted launch, only billet I have is a triple disc torque converter, need a billet flexplate at the very least, full billet tranny for our trucks are around 7 g's, don't have the coin quite yet lol

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

am i the only one that gets nauseous driving behind a diesel?

My Ride
    boosted crvtec civic

Default Re: Roll up your windows!!!

As soon as my engine's broken in and she gets a programmer,

ummm.......

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast