Quantcast
Roll up your windows!!! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll up your windows!!!

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by SKR
    Right-click-save as. That truck is frickin' bad ass.

What kind of Chip are you using? A good friend is a diesel nut too, and after seeing some PPE chipped Duramax's, I was speechless

LOL @ the ass-clowns that thinks Hemi 1500 & 2500's are fast. Thats what I drive for a work truck and those are slower then the second coming of Christ almost.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 01-23-2010 at 11:34 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

LOL @ the ass-clowns that thinks Hemi 1500 & 2500's. Thats what I drive for a work truck and those are slower then the second coming of Christ almost.

My Ride
    sedan

As long as you're out at race city this year if/when the track opens and show your support.

A fast truck doesn't make sense to me because, you can't road race/autocross and for drag racing its a huge self inflicted handicap to try and run a fast ET at the track with 3 tonns and no aero.

Some people like trucks, and if that's all you know and you're happy with it then mod away.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by Graham_A_M What kind of Chip are you using? A good friend is a diesel nut too, and after seeing some PPE chipped Duramax's, I was speechless
    Me? Edge Juice. Nothing special. Supposed to be +100hp/250ft-lbs, but I don't know how true that is. I'm running 14.xx 1/4 mile times so I'm not setting any records. PPE's Duramax programmers are really good. Their Cummins stuff is good too, but they're more known for Duramax programming.
    Last edited by SKR; 01-23-2010 at 11:12 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by TimeAttack
    As long as you're out at race city this year if/when the track opens and show your support.

A fast truck doesn't make sense to me because, you can't road race/autocross and for drag racing its a huge self inflicted handicap to try and run a fast ET at the track with 3 tonns and no aero.

Some people like trucks, and if that's all you know and you're happy with it then mod away.
    Sure, but a fast street car won't beat an F1 car on a road course or a top fuel dragster on a quarter mile. There will always be something faster than what you've got, whether it's a truck or a car, but the fun comes from making your car or truck better than someone else's similar car or truck. There's a guy on one of the diesel forums I go to that has a Dodge Mega Cab with a 6" lift and 37" tires that runs mid 11's. There are lots of things that are quicker than that, but nobody's doing it like he is. That's where we get the fun from. If we can surprise a few car drivers at the same time, then that's a nice bonus, but really we're racing ourselves first and everyone else second.

My Ride
    sedan

Originally posted by SKR

Sure, but a fast street car won't beat an F1 car on a road course or a top fuel dragster on a quarter mile. There will always be something faster than what you've got, whether it's a truck or a car, but the fun comes from making your car or truck better than someone else's similar car or truck. There's a guy on one of the diesel forums I go to that has a Dodge Mega Cab with a 6" lift and 37" tires that runs mid 11's. There are lots of things that are quicker than that, but nobody's doing it like he is. That's where we get the fun from. If we can surprise a few car drivers at the same time, then that's a nice bonus, but really we're racing ourselves first and everyone else second.
    The F1/Dragster compare is somewhat false, since these are both illegal to drive on the street.

It's fine if you want to make a truck fast, like I said, if it's all you know and it makes you happy, go for it.

If it's the surprise factor that you are after that's fine too.

But to me it just seems like a lot of needless handicaps you are putting on yourself if your goal is speed.

It all depends what your goal is,
    If it's to be the fastest truck, then great
    If it's to be in the 10's, then it's maybe time to change chassis'
    If it's to take corners, then it's maybe time to change chassis'

My beef is that it's not a flexible platform, you are kinda stuck and limited to only a few types of racing.
    Whereas a lot of street cars can do a shootout and do auto/x drag and road racing all in the same day with minimal changes.

To each their own though.
    Last edited by TimeAttack; 01-23-2010 at 11:29 PM.

400hp 2500lbs car > 1000hp 8000lbs truck.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    boosted crvtec civic

Originally posted by syritis

My Ride
    Hondas

Originally posted by syritis
    Thanks captain obvious.

Welcome to the boards Vinny.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

OP you got a decent cummins thread started even after that first post

Originally posted by SKR

I got a full billet transmission from NADP a couple years ago, so I'm good to go there. All I've got for other mods is an S&B intake, MRBP 4" duals and an Edge Juice/Attitude. Once funds allow I'll go turbo/studs/intercooler, and then lift pump and CP3.
    Good lookin truck!

Here is my work truck all shined up:

I've got a Smarty tuner, Southbend clutch, Glacier lift pump, Quadzilla Boost Fooler, AFE intake, 5" exhaust, BD short shifter and lots of other goodies.

But I got to say the Dodge Cummins is a huge money pit
    Last edited by sxtasy; 01-24-2010 at 02:32 AM.

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

^^ Your work truck is boss.

OP - Nice truck, hope to see you at Race City one day!

Ray

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

The majority of my modding and having a truck for that matter has been for towing for work. If you have ever towed a trailer up a hill with a gutless gasser or stock diesel then you can understand how frustrating it is.

An older pic, but what I tow around: 21,000gvw

And with a travel trailer, I can do 110 up rogers pass

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    LOL @ the ass-clowns that thinks Hemi 1500 & 2500's are fast. Thats what I drive for a work truck and those are slower then the second coming of Christ almost.

I know way too many guys like that. Hilarious cause my roommate thinks that if he put 12k into his truck, it'll be faster than mine... doesn't realize that if I put 12k into my car, I'll be running low 12's or 11's Or 12k into tons of imports will make them faster haha.

Originally posted by sxtasy

The majority of my modding and having a truck for that matter has been for towing for work. If you have ever towed a trailer up a hill with a gutless gasser or stock diesel then you can understand how frustrating it is.

And with a travel trailer, I can do 110 up rogers pass
    my pop's old 03 powerstroke could do about 100 around rogers pass with 17000. Its funny when you start passing civics while pulling a fully loaded RV.

My Ride
    Trucks

The reason I race mine is where else can you buy 350+ hp for $25k brand new. Plus I have all the room in the world to modify it and it's easy to work on without being a contortionist. 0-60mph in less than 4 seconds and can carry 1500 lbs make it all I need.

luxor Guest

Originally posted by Vince1

Hahaha if you're gonna bash a truck guy be more original, that's gotta be the most commonly used stereotype out there.
    Common or not it's true, and the higher you lift your truck the shorter your cock.

Speaking or originality, we all know you can't be more original than lifting a truck with obnoxiously annoying mufflers-that puffs a ton of black smoke. Oh don't forget about those ugly black rims that every pickup is running around town, must be some redneck group buy.

Just to comment a few things: Make sure your lift is higher in the front so you eat the wind on the highways. Install some blue ricer HIDs to blind all oncoming traffic. Take off your mud flaps so you spray debris everywhere. Buy extra wide rims so your wheel and tires stick out four inches. Get some flame decals. Tint all your windows. Start tail gating everyone to try and intimidate them to think how bad ass you really are in a big truck.

After you do all those things, every Calgary driver will envy how cool you are.

Trucks are for hauling and towing, not modding and making them look stupid (along with yourself), unless you're a farm boy.
    Last edited by luxor; 01-24-2010 at 02:46 AM.

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

Jeez, a bit harsh?

Ray

My Ride

The F1/Dragster compare is somewhat false, since these are both illegal to drive on the street.

It's fine if you want to make a truck fast, like I said, if it's all you know and it makes you happy, go for it.

If it's the surprise factor that you are after that's fine too.

But to me it just seems like a lot of needless handicaps you are putting on yourself if your goal is speed.

It all depends what your goal is,
    If it's to be the fastest truck, then great
    If it's to be in the 10's, then it's maybe time to change chassis'
    If it's to take corners, then it's maybe time to change chassis'

My beef is that it's not a flexible platform, you are kinda stuck and limited to only a few types of racing.
    Whereas a lot of street cars can do a shootout and do auto/x drag and road racing all in the same day with minimal changes.

To each their own though.
    It's easier to build a fast car than a fast truck, sure, but it's easier still if you shitcan the streetability and build a dedicated race car. If your goal is strictly speed, you wouldn't want something streetable. That's the point, that if you want something else too, you have to make concessions. Handcuffing ourselves to a 7000lb truck is what we concede.

Originally posted by sxtasy
    Good lookin truck!

Here is my work truck all shined up:

I've got a Smarty tuner, Southbend clutch, Glacier lift pump, Quadzilla Boost Fooler, AFE intake, 5" exhaust, BD short shifter and lots of other goodies.

But I got to say the Dodge Cummins is a huge money pit
    That's a really good looking truck.

Originally posted by luxor

Common or not it's true, and the higher you lift your truck the shorter your cock.

Speaking or originality, we all know you can't be more original than lifting a truck with obnoxiously annoying mufflers-that puffs a ton of black smoke. Oh don't forget about those ugly black rims that every pickup is running around town, must be some redneck group buy.

Just to comment a few things: Make sure your lift is higher in the front so you eat the wind on the highways. Install some blue ricer HIDs to blind all oncoming traffic. Take off your mud flaps so you spray debris everywhere. Buy extra wide rims so your wheel and tires stick out four inches. Get some flame decals. Tint all your windows. Start tail gating everyone to try and intimidate them to think how bad ass you really are in a big truck.

After you do all those things, every Calgary driver will envy how cool you are.

Trucks are for hauling and towing, not modding and making them look stupid (along with yourself), unless you're a farm boy.
    I love the characters on Beyond.

My Ride
    Loud ass Dodge-deal with it

Awesome truck dude, you must have a pretty small cock like me eh?

My Ride

Originally posted by Vince1
    Awesome truck dude, you must have a pretty small cock like me eh?
    Tiny. Me and my needle dick spent a couple hours this morning helping cars out of snow drifts. It's blizzarding like a bastard here. It's kind of a mixed bag for these car owners today. Huge dicks that do not need to be compensated for, but no traction. Luckily I was there to push or pull them out so they could go home and fuck their girlfriends, or whatever it is you do with a big dick. I wouldn't know.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast