Quantcast
Converting apple compatible headsets to work with XBox One. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Converting apple compatible headsets to work with XBox One.

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Default Converting apple compatible headsets to work with XBox One.

So, I've done some research, and this is what is says on the XBox website.
    Standards for audio jacks

Not all 3.5mm audio jacks are made to the same standard. There are two audio jack standards, Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) and Open Mobile Terminal Platform (OMTP). The difference in these standards is outlined in the following images, which shows how the different protocols are wired on the audio jack.

If you use an OMTP headset, you will likely experience issues with audio or chat. However, if your preferred headset or ear buds use the OMTP standard, you can purchase an adapter to convert to CTIA at many electronic retail stores.

CTIA:

Microphone
    Ground
    Right audio channel
    Left audio channel

OMTP:

Ground
    Microphone
    Right audio channel
    Left audio channel

Now Apple headsets are OMTP and I want to convert it to CTIA to work with the headset controller on the XBox 1. Where can I buy such a connector?

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Just incase anyone else was wondering the same thing, I've found the solution to this. As mentioned in this thread http://forums.beyond.ca/st/382409/ov...adphone-ideas/ the UE 6000 are a quality headphone, with, what sounds like, qualities I'm looking for. BASS, with a clear mid and treble. The review from InnerFidelity and the youtube video's I viewed, all recommend the UE 6000's. However, they are designed for Apple products use. Problem. I discovered the solution while surfing Amazon.ca, and the V-Moda Boompro mic. According to one of the reviews at the bottom of the page here, this mic plugs into the UE 6000's and into the chatpad on the XB1 controller. Everything works as needed to chat, listen and play games.

Just thought I would fill everyone in.