Quantcast
Stress leave? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Stress leave?

My Ride
    PL24T

Default Stress leave?

A friend of mine works in an office. This is a small office, only 2 girls working in the front, an office administrator and the owner with 2 maintenance workers. This is a property management company.

She and the other girl working in the front are yelled at and belittled for things that may have not gone according to plan, but are often nobody's fault, or even the administrator or the owner's fault. When they provide email proof that it wasn't their fault they get a quick sorry at best...never anything sincere.

It is so bad at times that they come home in tears at least once or twice a week. Is there any recourse? Going to management isn't an option because the owner is apparently the worst. Is stress leave an option? They are currently looking for other employment but that kind of thing doesn't happen overnight. Does anybody have any ideas? They have tried talking to them about it but things get better for maybe a day or two at most.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

ak-47?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

In my opinion, this is one of those moments they need to grow a backbone and stand up to the abuse given to them from their boss.
    Sure they may be fired, but in the end their personal well being is better than taking the abuse and lining their douche bag boss' pockets. Let him/her struggle to fill the spot they left open.

Whomever is doing this yelling and treating others in an improper manner needs to be shown the door. If that cannot be done, the two girls need to leave as this is no place to spend 40 hours a week

They would be better off getting out of there, while they still have any form of self interest. Leave the company with very little in the way of notice, do nothing to further their BS. Best case is both girls find other employment at the same time, they both give notice and call in sick the rest of the days until leaving. Screw the company as much as possible.

Verbal abuse is just that, abuse. If it was physical would we be having this posting? Both are not acceptable in the workplace, nor adult like in character.

Sad thing is someone else replaces them and the cycle continues for the new employees until someone grows a pair and takes out the trash.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Dont no about recourse? But in these situations you can usually comfort them which may lead to intercourse...
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Tell them to start looking for another job

If they are that unhappy there, it's time to leave, unless they are getting paid absurd amounts of money to do it, it's not worth it.

Lots of jobs out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Start looking for new jobs and leave. Unless she's fugly, frontdesk jobs are a dime a dozen.

No point pulling a stress leave for a small company like that unless she really want to collect EI.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

If they are serious about taking stress leave there is a certain way it has to be done. They will need to see a doctor, who will give them a certificate that documents they are under stress and need to take the time off. That is then shown to your employer at the time you inform them that you are taking stress leave.

For as long as the doctors certificate is in effect and you wish to remain on stress leave, the employer CANNOT terminate you. Some insurance companies will let you claim in order to recoup some income while on leave, you will have to check with your company and doctor about this.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    PL24T

Good advice. They are looking for other employment and hopefully won't have to put up with it much longer.

Problem with taking above the head of the abuser is that the abusers are the owner and the administrator. They stand up for themselves and it seems to make it better for a short period but eventually goes back to the same old.

Have some balls and quit, no notice. What's the big deal? I work in construction and some guys have ten or more employers per year.

Why did this question require Beyond to provide the answer?

If you don't like your job.

Get a new one.

I though this stuff was common sense.

Next up. What to do with all of the garbage that no longer fits in full the garbage can.

Need a backbone..

Report it to the proper people , do a Alberta Labor thing.. Hell I dunno lol.. Or maybe they can join a Union and screw the boss over haha.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

I had a pretty shitty boss when I first graduated, basically an asshole that failed in life and was pissed about it. I took it for a few months, I was under the impression this was good for me, tuffen me up etc. But overall I wasn't happy.

One of the top 5 days of my life was going into his office, interupting him from yelling at me about something, telling him that this would be my last day and to try to refrain from talking to me for the rest of the day as I felt a constructive dismissal suit could be in order. A week later I was hired by his competitor. Now 7 years later I buy and sell douche bags like him.

Abuse is abuse, at home, work where ever.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I eat pieces of shit like him for breakfast!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by sputnik

Next up. What to do with all of the garbage that no longer fits in full the garbage can.
    Easy, pile it high until it falls.

He who tops it off, drops it off.