Where do you prefer to live? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where do you prefer to live?

My Ride
    96' Eagle Talon Tsi Awd

In the north east

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Big city, something like NYC or Tokyo or HK or something. I just love the bustle and going down stairs, walking 3 feet to get some food, always stuff going on and just a much more efficient transit system.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I grew up in the country, then moved to some massive cities, Toronto, Calgary, San Fran... I would MUCH rather live in the country.

My Ride
    Loud ass Dodge-deal with it

Outskirts of town to the West, 6000sq. ft (or more) building with a 14' garage door, entering into a huge bay for my trucks and toys, with a luxurious lofty living quarters upstairs overlooking my trucks and a HUGE walk in closet to keep my GF happy too!

My Ride
    E36 M3

Close-in inner city, the busier the city, the better. Walk anywhere, bump into friends on the street. Awesome.

My Ride
    SRT4- TOYOTA VENZA- CIVIC SIR

i would love to live in radium.. but in the city ill choose SW area around springbank..
    63_TUNERS

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

I grew up in small towns and have always loved the piece and quiet that you dont get in big cities.

Calgary is the biggest city ive ever lived in since moving to Canada.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    is Invisible

As long as its got an ocean, i really could care less about the rest!

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

I used to live in the city when i was younger and moved out to the country in springbank when i was 15, which made it a little more difficult relying on parents to drive me everywhere. But now that i'm 20 and have my license and my own car it makes things really nice. I love the country on the west side. I actually feel better coming home because the wind almost always blows towards the south or the east so i find the air much cleaner and it actually feels more refreshing. (Like going to the mountains but a smaller difference. ) The only part that sucks for me is the paying the gas bill for my car which is about $250 a month in gas, and that my friends always find it a nuisance to drive out here.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

Small town and love every minute of it.

Moved to Squamish recently here. People are not as pretentious, a lot more friendly, and everyone seems to be friends. I go to the bar that is just down the street every night (not to be an alcoholic, just relax, free pool, chill) and I am welcomed by the regulars and expect them there every night when I do. Yeah its routine, but its nice routine. When I open my window, I hear peace, not someones fart box pumping shitty music.

Oh mind you I live right in the mountains, there is a beautiful lake that is only like 5-10 minutes away, AND no snow.

Countryside every time. Love the open space and good solid people. Cities are generally full of selfish people trying to make it somewhere in a hurry, both geographically and materially.
    Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Lived in the same house in Huntington Hills in Calgary all my life. I really couldn't imagine living in the country side miles from anybody and anything. Definitely would hate lawn mowing and whatever else you have to do.

I think when I get out of this damn house I'm going to condo life. Underground heated parking ftw.

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

Perfect spot would have either mountains / forest, lake / ocean and major amenities within a 10-15minute drive, with a small town feel.

But I'm in the same boat as most, need to make a living, and not big on long ass commutes. I'd feel guilty moving my 2 year old, much further away from my parents, who they don't get to see us all too much right now and we're only 5 hours apart.

But man I am sick of living in the prairies. I grew up in the mountains, and had two sets of aunt / uncles with ocean front properties, and I want to see something out my windows now. Down here there are barely any trees , the surrounding area is plain open fields. The biggest problem, is I make 90% of my income off of people who work the big dirty fields.

I grew out of wanting to live in a city when I stopped partying every weekend.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

My Ride
    an econo box

Originally posted by psycoticclown
    Big city, something like NYC or Tokyo or HK or something. I just love the bustle and going down stairs, walking 3 feet to get some food, always stuff going on and just a much more efficient transit system.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm a big city guy, even though I grew up here I find Calgary too small time and hick.

I couldn't fathom living in small town Canada. Ugh..

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Calgary would be awesome if so many things were different, namely getting around town.

In my opinion, it's all about the roads here, the horrible inability to get around here.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    changes every year

a couple years ago i would never have said the country, ive always hated the country because its so boring. i have always loved the city with all the ammenities and the friends around all the time.

BUT, i moved east of calgary 2 years ago because it was cheaper and now that im living in calgary while my new house is being built out there, i fucking hate the city. i dont necessarily live in the country just a small town with country all around me/

the downside is that i dont get to see many people because they think its too far, even though it takes just as much time to come down here as it does driving from north to south calgary.

if i had to choose a place to live anywhere, it would probably be somewhere in suburbs of california, with the ocean and nice weather all year round.

there is a very large difference between some bumfuck town in the middle or nowhere, North Dakota and a 'rural' community that is 30 or 45 minutes from a large metropolitan city (larger than Calgary, which to me is a very small city). For instance, most of the northern east cost states are "rural," yet you would hardly call anyone there a hick. actually, property in those rural areas close to major cities is very, very expensive, and thus filled with wealthy commuters or retirees. that would be my ideal type of place to have a house and land.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

I'm torn on this very issue. I'm looking for a house, but everything close to the core is either an old overpriced shack or a brand new astronomically expensive but undersized place... or a condo, and I hate condo fees.

So it's looking like bedroom community and a slightly longer drive to work for me.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    if i had to choose a place to live anywhere, it would probably be somewhere in suburbs of california, with the ocean and nice weather all year round.
    I hear ya! That would be where my dream house would be, possibly along the Oregon/Californian coast overlooking the ocean with a little walk down to the beach. If anyone's seen Life as a House, something like that would be awesome.

My Ride
    //M

I like where I live, 40 minutes from downtown Toronto, surrounded by 3 cities around me that have over half a million, two hundred fifty thousand and one hundred fifty thousand, and I live on one acre in a country type of suburb. Not much beats it, 10 minutes to Lake Ontario and 2 and a half hours to the Muskoka's.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast