Quantcast
reporting EI fraud ? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: reporting EI fraud ?

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

I cant stand the seasonal workers living off of EI. Seriously?? You cant find something to do for 6-8months out of the year? Fuck off!

The longest i have ever been unemployed was 2 months. I have never applied for EI, nor have i never had to. I pay into it like insurance. God forbid i lose my job, yes i will use it.

Using it so willingly is just stupid. It's like purposely crashing your car once a year to get a new one through insurance! WTF?!?!
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Tomaz
    I cant stand the seasonal workers living off of EI. Seriously?? You cant find something to do for 6-8months out of the year? Fuck off!

The longest i have ever been unemployed was 2 months. I have never applied for EI, nor have i never had to. I pay into it like insurance. God forbid i lose my job, yes i will use it.

Using it so willingly is just stupid. It's like purposely crashing your car once a year to get a new one through insurance! WTF?!?!
    It's not the party you think it is, my fixed monthly costs were $100 less than the amount they were going to give me. It's paid for. Collectively, there should be enough out there even to cover those worms.

EI to me is your last effort to keep your home between jobs. There is definitely not enough in it to be "living the life" I think it maxes out at `1600 a month?? Yeah, wow.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by CUG

EI to me is your last effort to keep your home between jobs. There is definitely not enough in it to be "living the life" I think it maxes out at `1600 a month?? Yeah, wow.
    That's what it's there for.

People do use it to as a supplement for living. And that is what makes me angry.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by nickyh

Tell that to my husband, father-in-law, his cousin, and two friends who are currently on EI.

Yeah - McDonalds is hiring, but they are looking for kids who don't know workplace rights and not over-qualified engineers.
    .....and for the jobs that are hiring, you are up against 600 other resumes in the pile.

To the OP: Karma's a bitch, eventually the fraudsters will get theirs, but do you know the whole story / circumstances?
    Another family member was on EI and did some work under the table while on EI, but he got the shaft and never received a dime for the work he did so it caught up with him.
    sorry if i wasnt clear, I was refering to fuckers that take advantage of EI or just collect with zero intention of searching for a suitable job.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by cgyITguy

I have a job, i just dont think it is right for others to capitalize on not having a job
    Wow, you're probably the biggest self righteous douche that has ever posted on this site. Who gives a fuck if someone is collecting EI and doesn't deserve it. It's not your place to report them and it's none of your business either.

You were probably that kid in grade school that told the teacher on kids that didn't want to play with you. get a fucking life.

For the record, I'm not collecting EI and I'm not even eligible to collect it.

Originally posted by ddduke

Wow, you're probably the biggest self righteous douche that has ever posted on this site. Who gives a fuck if someone is collecting EI and doesn't deserve it. It's not your place to report them and it's none of your business either.

You were probably that kid in grade school that told the teacher on kids that didn't want to play with you. get a fucking life.

My Ride

What, so are YOU ok with people collecting your money? do you really feel like sharing? Hows that not his business, part of that money he's responsible in contributing.

Dont rat..You obviously are jealous, and think getting back will make you feel important. My friends been getting EI for like a year now. Chills at home everyday and games COD making like 17$ and hour. Yeah it sucks that I have to work for my money
    ..But im not gunna go and report him! My neighbour clearly has illegal sattelite, am I going to report him? Hell no... Let the man upstairs worry about that

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

What, so are YOU ok with people collecting your money? do you really feel like sharing? Hows that not his business, part of that money he's responsible in contributing.
    No, I guess I'm not really okay with it. I just don't think it's my place to step in and report someone. My money goes to tons of places that I don't want it to and reporting someone for collecting EI wont put any of it back into my pocket or yours.

I was just taught my whole life that unless someone is doing something to physically hurt themselves or someone else then to mind my own business.

My Ride

No, I guess I'm not really okay with it. I just don't think it's my place to step in and report someone. My money goes to tons of places that I don't want it to and reporting someone for collecting EI wont put any of it back into my pocket or yours.

I was just taught my whole life that unless someone is doing something to physically hurt themselves or someone else then to mind my own business.
    so if i scam/rob you out of everything you own, you're ok with that?

My Ride
    NC1

Come on, snitches get stitches. Don't be hating just cause you can't pull the same deal. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

People will do anything for money, if you really want to, sure go rat them out but this isn't crime stoppers, you don't get no $2000 reward.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by cgyITguy

I have a job, i just dont think it is right for others to capitalize on not having a job
    I agree, and unfortunately half my extended family is doing it.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Come on, snitches get stitches. Don't be hating just cause you can't pull the same deal. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

People will do anything for money, if you really want to, sure go rat them out but this isn't crime stoppers, you don't get no $2000 reward.
    snitches get stitches? what a fucking stupid thing to say. It's attitudes like this that are directly at the root of gang/crime issues. I really hope you're being sarcastic. To the rest.. it's our money. If we treated the gov't spending like it was our own money, there'd be a lot less wastage overall, and we'd have to give away far less of our money to the gov't.

The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.
    Ayn Rand (1905 - 1982), Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, 1966
    Last edited by codetrap; 02-05-2010 at 09:18 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by sevewone
    Dont rat..You obviously are jealous, and think getting back will make you feel important. My friends been getting EI for like a year now. Chills at home everyday and games COD making like 17$ and hour. Yeah it sucks that I have to work for my money
    ..But im not gunna go and report him! My neighbour clearly has illegal sattelite, am I going to report him? Hell no... Let the man upstairs worry about that
    $17.00 an hour? what EI did you claim? My buddy got laid off from a high paying O&G engg job and he made the equiv of $10.00 or there abouts
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by codetrap

snitches get stitches? what a fucking stupid thing to say. It's attitudes like this that are directly at the root of gang/crime issues. I really hope you're being sarcastic. To the rest.. it's our money. If we treated the gov't spending like it was our own money, there'd be a lot less wastage overall, and we'd have to give away far less of our money to the gov't.

Oui. J' suis being sarcastic.

It's unfair but you people are always trying to beat the system. Just saying.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by max_boost

Oui. J' suis being sarcastic.

It's unfair but you people are always trying to beat the system. Just saying.
    You people. Glad to hear it's sarcasm, my detector was running on low power due to a lack of caffeine.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by sillysod

All the electricians, gas fitters and plumbers I know don't go on well fare during the winter?
    To be fair, welfare is a completely separate thing than EI. EI is what you pay into (insurance) and welfare or social assistance is what comes straight from the gov't and is for the really poor/disabled/etc.
    Last edited by szw; 02-05-2010 at 11:03 AM.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

My roomate is the biggest bum ever. He's in his 50s, delusional, a drunk, and has been on Ei since he quit walmart of 15 years. He thinks he's a master chemist and going to make this consulting business travelling to taiwan on 15,000 dollar first class flights.

I find it as a form of entertainment

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

so if i scam/rob you out of everything you own, you're ok with that?
    I said I'm not okay with it, read my post. Also, we're talking about EI fraud, not robbing everything I own. Where did you even get that argument from?

I'll clarify again, I'm not okay with EI fraud but I'm not a rat (unlike you, obviously) so I turn my head and mind my own business.

Don't worry, one day you will graduate from highschool and be on your way to eligibility.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast