Quantcast
What to do in Vancouver? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do in Vancouver?

Default What to do in Vancouver?

Hey,

I need some ideas of what to do in the Vancouver area?

I was just there visiting my gf who is working for the Olympics. Didn't see much of her as she works 12hr days 7 days a week (don't get me started on how their jobs could be streamlined)

But what else is there to do out there when it's raining? I Exhausted all the malls and with the big taxes, nothing is worth it.

Headed back there in two weeks and is there things to actually do there? There's a technology of Sports exhibit at the Emily Carr Museum that i'll check out but what else?
    Everyone says, Stanley Park, go hike around, but other ideas since it's rainy?

Thanks.

-Mike

Granville Island,
    the Planetarium,
    Vancouver Aquatic Center, (if you like swimming and high diving towers),
    Strip Clubs (Cecil on Granville is the best),
    Vancouver Art Gallery,
    Aquarium,
    Science World,
    People watch at Starbucks on Robson,
    Take a ride to the Londsdale Quay market across the water on the water taxi,
    Explore Gastown,
    Maritime Museum,
    Grouse Mtn skyride,
    walk around Hastings & Main (be armed or with a buddy)
    Capilano or Lynn Valley Suspension bridge

(those just off the top of my head)

Thanks, I will look some of those up.

Go for a walk down scenic East Hastings with audible spare change in your pocket.

Safer yet, rent a car with full insurance, then videotape people on East Hastings from within. Prepare for an onslaught on all of your senses.

Egg & TP one of the Chapters of the David Suzuki Foundation. They seem to be popping up everywhere, just like Scientologists.

Find where the Sedin's live, break in and get hair samples, and make voodoo dolls.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    rally pig

can someone recommend nice beaches (if there are any) to swim or even just relax?

I was there mid June, and although I don't know Vancouver at all, I only saw one beach. The beach was on the same island as the Aquarium, it was pretty packed and busy.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by taemo
    can someone recommend nice beaches (if there are any) to swim or even just relax?
    http://vancouver.ca/parks/rec/beaches/

A friend used to live close to Sunset beach, and English Bay. Those were really nice places to just chill.

There's also wreck beach, which is nude, mostly ugly hairy dudes and hippie chicks, but there's usually a girl there named Watermelon who sells BAKED goods, cookies, toffee and such (oh, and normal watermelons as well)

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    i remember going to #9 or #10, but this was last year and it was during those fires in the interior, so it was this amazing orange sky, highlighted by gigantic freighters parked in the Burrard inlet, tons of ppl there for sunset so get there early, really clean for public beach.

My Ride
    rally pig

A friend used to live close to Sunset beach, and English Bay. Those were really nice places to just chill.

There's also wreck beach, which is nude, mostly ugly hairy dudes and hippie chicks, but there's usually a girl there named Watermelon who sells BAKED goods, cookies, toffee and such (oh, and normal watermelons as well)
    thanks for the link, will come really handy

My Ride
    06 Focus ZX5, 97 Skyline R33

Sunset Beach and English Bay are one of my favorite places on the planet. Love it there, but I was there when it was colder so I'm not entirely sure about the swimming.

Since you have visited all the shopping malls on your previous visit, I would recommend that you must go out and explore various attractions of Vancouver. Some must see places are Canada Place, Stanley Park, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Grouse Mountain, Gastown, Granville Island and Chinatown.

Robson on a Fri Sat night is an absolute circus

My Ride
    anything that comes along

lol this thread is 4 months old, why are people still replying?

Rofl. Hilarious. It's because, as usual, ppl never bother to read much past the thread title and just want to give their 2 cents. Quite comical.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by derpderp
    lol this thread is 4 months old, why are people still replying?
    Originally posted by C_Dave45
    Rofl. Hilarious. It's because, as usual, ppl never bother to read much past the thread title and just want to give their 2 cents. Quite comical.

Or maybe because on July 5th, Taemo bumped the thread asking what beaches are nice

Or maybe because on July 5th, Taemo bumped the thread asking what beaches are nice
    Hmm...fair enough...lets examine this.

Originally posted by nancy121
    Since you have visited all the shopping malls on your previous visit, I would recommend that you must go out and explore various attractions of Vancouver. Some must see places are Canada Place, Stanley Park, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Grouse Mountain, Gastown, Granville Island and Chinatown.
    Nope...see nothing about beaches here...just suggestions that were already made 5 months ago....

Originally posted by D. Dub
    Robson on a Fri Sat night is an absolute circus
    Again...nothing to do with recent post about beaches but just another repost that was mentioned to OP 5 months previous

so we have the OP asking for advice for his return trip in Feb....then we have ppl responding with the exact same suggestions and places as five months previous that are completely moot....
    when its re-opened about beaches we have more replies with nothing to do with beaches at all...but just regurgitated suggestions that were already made.

Point still stands...hardly anyone reads past the thread title...they just spew out redundant posts. Hilarity ensues.

Hey Dave, if you re-read the first 4 posts right after the thread re-opener they are all, what seem to be suggestions for beaches. I don't see how you think we are regurgitating useless stuff that was not asked for. Aside from nancy, and derp.
    Last edited by [Yu]; 07-10-2010 at 10:07 AM.

My Ride
    rally pig

exactly..I bumped this thread because it's better to ask on a same related thread insted of creating another Vancouver thread and re-asking the same thing all over again.
    Which if I did, chances are they would still reply but instead of answering my question right away, I would probably have been told to go use the Search tool first.

I pretty much got my question answered instantaneously from Tik-Tok, [Yu] and n1zm0.

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Originally posted by [Yu]
    Hey Dave, if you re-read the first 4 posts right after the thread re-opener they are all, what seem to be suggestions for beaches. I don't see how you think we are regurgitating useless stuff that was not asked for. Aside from nancy, and derp.

exactly..I bumped this thread because it's better to ask on a same related thread insted of creating another Vancouver thread and re-asking the same thing all over again.
    Which if I did, chances are they would still reply but instead of answering my question right away, I would probably have been told to go use the Search tool first.

I pretty much got my question answered instantaneously from Tik-Tok, [Yu] and n1zm0.
    yup...agreed. Perfectly good post and perfectly good responses. I wasn't referring to those posts. Just the other ones. (Nancy and Ddub). I guess 4 out of six isn't bad. meh..Im just bored today. btw..Im curious as to what "island" Yu was referring to when talking about the Aquarium and what was probably "3rd beach" in Stanley Park?

Oh, btw also....Kits beach is probably the best for "hotness". Nice sand, lots of grassy area and lots of babes. Jerricho is nice too..but you have to walk about 2 miles to get to water thats deep enough to swim. The volleyball courts can have some pretty nice scenery though. forget Wreck. It has nothing but gays, unshaven ladies and old asians in polyester with cameras asking in broken engrish "where is the nude ladies".

I grew up in the West End and Wreck has changed over the years. English Bay is nice but wait til the fireworks show is on...watching it from there is an experience like you've never seen.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 07-10-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast