Quantcast
Exciting ignition trouble. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Exciting ignition trouble.

My Ride
    Mazda AZ-1

Default Exciting ignition trouble.

Well maybe not too exciting but my car wont turn off. I couldn't get it started today just made a tickticktick sound. I thought it sounded like the battery was dead so I bump started it. It fired right up and ran just fine. Went for a short drive, 15 minutes or so, turned the key back and the car kept running. . I tried turning the key forewards and back bt that didn't do anything (the dash dimmed a weee little in the off position). I checked the turbo timer but it was off, and apparently dead? it wont turn on at all either. I also tried pulling the key out while the shifter was in gear, which immediatly turns the car off even when the turbo timer is working, but that didn't help either To get the car off I had to pull the fuse for the ignition, 15a fuse under the dash.

I've had a bit of trouble with the ignition before where the car wouldnt start till I turned it back and forth 4 or 5 times. Never had it not turn off before.

Any help is appreciated : )

For the record its a 1992 Mazda AZ-1, only modification that may effect this that I know if is the turbo timer.

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Yeah probably related to the turbo timer wiring Brian.. try unplugging it completely.