Quantcast
A little creeped out... I think someone is entering my apartment while out - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A little creeped out... I think someone is entering my apartment while out

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

You can get any cheap logitech webcam. Download the software. One of the features has motion sensor, where it only turns on when something moves. I used it when I was living in shared accomadations, or when I knew someone would be coming into my room to fix stuff. Too bad Im out of town right now, or would have given you my old webcam.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    '09 Dodge Challenger

sorry i haven't replied guys i just got home.

Originally posted by cancer man

Are you sure that the wife is'nt letting in someone??maybe.

lol, no it's while we are out TOGETHER when it happens.

Originally posted by adidas

I think what hes trying to say is that, someone buzzes his apt to see if anyone is gonna pick up. If no1 does then they realize no1 is at home and they can enter the apartment.
    yes, that is what i'm getting at, that someone might be checking if were home when they buzz and might be using checkpoints like:

1. Check parking spot to see if vehicle is there
    2. Buzz apartment to see if anyone answers
    3. Enter complex, arrive at apt and knock on door to see if anyone answers.
    4. Enter apartment.

Originally posted by n1zm0

but OP said while we're out, does he mean when they both go out together or when they are both at work?

yes, when we are out together.

and no, we don't have a hot tub lol

My Ride
    '04 Civic, '07 Element SC

start setting up tripwires with tacks, lol

My Ride
    Bicycle

Someone buzz you trying to deliver a package?

Anything in your home out of place when you come back?

How often does this happen? Is your rent on time?

My Ride
    '09 Dodge Challenger

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Someone buzz you trying to deliver a package?

Anything in your home out of place when you come back?

How often does this happen? Is your rent on time?

No, no, and yes rent is always on time, we sometimes pay before the due date.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Does this happen everyday? or randomly? What days has it happened on? Is there a pattern?

Do you notice that stuff is missing or you just assume that someone has been entering your apartment?

The only person i could see doin such a thing is maintenance worker(but he shouldnt really be having the master key) or your landlord. Otherwise they would have to break into your house and you would know.

This has got to be someone that already lives inside your building, i cant see a person from outside doing this on a constatant basis.

Maybe one day invite a buddy over tell him to stay home, while you and your wife are out with the car.

Or

Just leave music on every time you leave your place. Highly doubt anyone is gonna come in at that point.

Maybe your visitor has installed cameras to tape you. Check the ceilings in your bathroom and bedroom.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Buy a throw rug, put it in the living room - somewhere where almost anyone entering the apartment will walk, but will most likely not be wearing shoes. Buy a box of thumbtacks and put them under the throw rug facing up. If you come home and there's blood all over the carpet...you know someone has been there. If your landlord calls and is mad that he has 25 puncture holes in the bottom of his foot, just tell him it's a precaution you take against burglury, and if you knew he was coming over you definately wold have removed them.

That would be funny.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

On your day off, move your car, dont answer any buzzes, dont answer any knocks and be waiting at the door with a bat...

Originally posted by eg_eric
    sorry i haven't replied guys i just got home.

lol, no it's while we are out TOGETHER when it happens.

yes, that is what i'm getting at, that someone might be checking if were home when they buzz and might be using checkpoints like:

1. Check parking spot to see if vehicle is there
    2. Buzz apartment to see if anyone answers
    3. Enter complex, arrive at apt and knock on door to see if anyone answers.
    4. Enter apartment.

yes, when we are out together.

and no, we don't have a hot tub lol

My Ride

Originally posted by Kennyredline

I have this problem with the guy that owns my building too. I property manage it for him, so he thinks it's ok to go into my place without asking. I set a "tell" for when I'm away; I get a piece of electric tape, about 7" long, stick a penny at a point about 1.5" from an end. I then tape the longer end to the top of the doorframe, and tape the penny end to the door. If someone opens the door, the tape peels away, and the penny will be left hanging after the door is closed again.
    I told buddy if he went into my place without asking again, I'd take $50 off my next rent. He hasn't done it since.

I was wondering if anyone would be smart enough to mention a simple trap instead of crazy video setups.

Had the same problem, did exactly the same thing but with just tape. I sealed the door to the doorframe from the outside near the bottom where it wouldnt be noticed wih clear scotch tape. Came back and the seal clearly had been broken to confirm what I thought.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by 5hift

I was wondering if anyone would be smart enough to mention a simple trap instead of crazy video setups.

Had the same problem, did exactly the same thing but with just tape. I sealed the door to the doorframe from the outside near the bottom where it wouldnt be noticed wih clear scotch tape. Came back and the seal clearly had been broken to confirm what I thought.
    Whats that gonna do? The OP already suspects to a point that someone is entering his apartment. Setting up video is very smart, as you get to see who is doing it and you can confront them and you have evidence if you decide to go the legal route. Otherwise a piece of tape is gonna do jack all for cops as evidence.

My Ride
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

yeah, use tape if yer a complete puss!
    listen to ol' toilet_d, he'll set ya straight.

first, you find yourself a rattlesnake, then you punch it the fuck out, and then bite the rattler off. then, place the snake on your doorjam, and before you leave make sure you say... " i am leaving a surprise for my friends " in a french accent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO2gBezgKrE
    heres an instructional video

now, if you find a corpse laying infront of your door, youll know someone has been entering your apartment.

and dont worry about the rattlesnake, theyre like honeybee's, after they bite once, they die.

My Ride
    assploded

Paranormal activity?....

sorry probably going to scare the crap out of you now....

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by freshprince1
    Buy a throw rug, put it in the living room - somewhere where almost anyone entering the apartment will walk, but will most likely not be wearing shoes. Buy a box of thumbtacks and put them under the throw rug facing up. If you come home and there's blood all over the carpet...you know someone has been there. If your landlord calls and is mad that he has 25 puncture holes in the bottom of his foot, just tell him it's a precaution you take against burglury, and if you knew he was coming over you definately wold have removed them.

That would be funny.
    Shoes. Highly doubt someone sneaking in is gonna have the courtesy to remove their shoes at the door...

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

http://www.geekgaz.com/goto/home/sec...stopper-alarm/

Not exactly the best method, but at 100dB your neighbours will be able to tell you if it went off.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    2012 GTI

Originally posted by LongCity

Shoes. Highly doubt someone sneaking in is gonna have the courtesy to remove their shoes at the door...
    Take the weather into consideration, there would be wet/muddy shoe prints on his floors. I think they would remove them if they were smart.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by omfgcurtis

Take the weather into consideration, there would be wet/muddy shoe prints on his floors. I think they would remove them if they were smart.
    If it's down a carpet coridoor, no need, shoes will dry off instantly.

You're being cuckolded by your wife.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Do you have a laptop with a webcam in it? Or even a desktop with a webcam? Just set it up with motion capture software and point it at the door for a day. It'll be less than a gig of video.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

I have a network wireless camera that has motion detection that im currently not using that i can lend you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast