Quantcast
Fast Five - The Fast and the Furious 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Five - The Fast and the Furious 5

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Default fast and the furious 5 has a title

Update: First Trailer released now in HD

Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Jordana Brewster, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Matt Schulze, Tego Calderon, Don Omar, Elsa Pataky, and Joaquim de Almeida.

Official Synopsis: Vin Diesel and Paul Walker lead a reunion of returning all-stars from every chapter of the explosive franchise built on speed in Fast Five. In this installment, former cop Brian O’Conner (Paul Walker) partners with ex-con Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) on the opposite side of the law. Dwayne Johnson joins returning favorites Jordana Brewster, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Matt Schulze, Tego Calderon and Don Omar for this ultimate high-stakes race.

Since Brian and Mia Toretto (Brewster) broke Dom out of custody, they’ve blown across many borders to elude authorities. Now backed into a corner in Rio de Janeiro, they must pull one last job in order to gain their freedom. As they assemble their elite team of top racers, the unlikely allies know their only shot of getting out for good means confronting the corrupt businessman who wants them dead. But he’s not the only one on their tail.

Hard-nosed federal agent Luke Hobbs (Johnson) never misses his target. When he is assigned to track down Dom and Brian, he and his strike team launch an all-out assault to capture them. But as his men tear through Brazil, Hobbs learns he can’t separate the good guys from the bad. Now, he must rely on his instincts to corner his prey…before someone else runs them down first.

April 29th, 2011.

Universal Pictures is hitting the accelerator on a fifth installment of "Fast and Furious," currently being referred to as "Fast Five." Studio has closed deals with Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, director Justin Lin and producer Neal Moritz to return to the franchise, which has become one of the studio's most lucrative. Diesel and Walker sat out the third chapter in the series but returned for last year's fourth installment, which was the highest-grossing "Fast and Furious" film and Universal's top grosser of 2009. Its box office haul was more than $350 million worldwide. Chris Morgan is writing "Fast Five," marking the third time he and Lin have teamed for a "Fast and Furious" film. The story finds protags Dom (Diesel) and Brian (Walker) as fugitives being pursued by legendary lawmen.

Still should be entertaining. Maybe they'll bring the kid from Tokyo Drift back as well.
    Last edited by black13; 12-14-2010 at 07:42 PM.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

sick!

Ive loved FF always!

Wonder when its supposed to release?

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

all of these movies are so entertaining the lines and scripting is so quality.. stoked on this haha

My Ride
    09 WRX

This one seems just as chiche as the rest.
    I will definately be watching it.

I hear its based on a true story this time.

Brian & Dom street racing in his new Toyota and the accelerator pedal gets stuck...

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by mr2mike

Brian & Dom street racing in his new Toyota and the accelerator pedal gets stuck...

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by mr2mike

Fuck, I've been giggling for the last 5 minutes since I read this.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    has three pedals.

FF is always a good laugh.

And the hot women.... Hmmm

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I actually really like these, I think Justin Lin is an awesome director and Chris Morgan writes some good stuff. Neil Moritz is okay I guess but he really failed hard with 2 Fast 2 Furious, I'd like to see Rob Cohen come back and see what he can do to top the first one. Pretty stoked for this.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    93 integra

With these films being their highest grossing films they should be exploring other avenues or maybe seeing if they should possibly be trying to make better movies...

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Kind of surprised this franchise is still going but with the exception of the second one I'm a fan of all the movies.

Tokyo Drift was probably the one I liked the best.

Going to be good for a laugh
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    is Turbocharged.

Originally posted by Ajay
    Kind of surprised this franchise is still going but with the exception of the second one I'm a fan of all the movies.

Why are you surprised? this franchise is the only successful car/tuner franchise and basically the only franchise/series that deals with sweet modded cars, sure some of the stuff might be rediculous, but everyone watches the movies at one point.

My Ride
    Mirage

Well once again I am surprised but will go watch it as it is one of the reasons the scene has grown so much not that is a great thing but it created the mass amount of aftermarket we have today.

Anyways looking forward to "Fast Five" hopefully they research their parts this time i.e MOTEC Exhaust ROFL
    Current Whips:
    2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    2004 Silverado 2500HD 7" Lift
    2001 Silverado StepSide 2/3 Lowered

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX

Why are you surprised? this franchise is the only successful car/tuner franchise and basically the only franchise/series that deals with sweet modded cars, sure some of the stuff might be rediculous, but everyone watches the movies at one point.
    I cant think of any other movie based on the tuner scene. I would have thought that others have jumped on the bandwagon and created a movie based on it.

My Ride
    94 SR20DET 180sx

Im stoked I cant wait till this comes out

91 Skyline GTR(Sold)
    93 RB20DET Powered DropTop 240sx(Sold)
    86 RX-7 GXL(Sold)
    99 Dodge Dakota
    91 Honda Civic(Sold)
    90 Honda Crx Si(Parted out)
    95 Honda Civic(Sold)
    99 B16 Honda Civic Si Coupe(Sold)
    94 SR20DET 180sx

Originally posted by Ajay

Really? I actually disliked Tokyo Drift the most... maybe I enjoy the sheer campiness of the other 3 That and the characters were better... granted they are awful cliche characters, but man is it fun to watch.

Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX

Are you kidding me, there was Street Racer in 2008!

... man was that a fucking bad movie.

My Ride
    1982 Chevette

I always watched these movies for entertainment, but found the some of the actual car effects really dumb (pink fire shooting out of tailpipes, cars popping wheelies while driving).

Tokyo drift was pretty good though, the nissan engine in the mustang made me

The best is going to see these movies at theaters around opening day, so many shitty ricers around (tvs and underglow type)

I want another vanishing point/American graffiti/death proof style movie! I need more muscle!

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Default Re: fast and the furious 5 has a title

Originally posted by black13
    Maybe they'll bring the kid from Tokyo Drift back as well.
    Han? He died in the third one, the only reason he came back for the fourth was because that was actually a prequel to the third and a sequel to the second. The fourth one was actually the third in the series.

Originally posted by strong
    Anyways looking forward to "Fast Five" hopefully they research their parts this time i.e MOTEC Exhaust ROFL
    Talk to Craig Lieberman, he has been the technical director on all 4 movies, he's the guy that tells them how things would really happen in the scene and which parts people would actually put on their cars. He owned the orange Supra from the first one (was yellow) and his wife owned the blue Maxima that Vince drove. He also owns www.moviecarz.net where you can submit your car and he'll try and get it into a movie in Hollywood. That's where they do all the casting cars for the Fast And Furious movies. I had a chance to talk to him at a car show a few years ago about a lot of the decisions he made on the various movies and I got him to sign my posters, he's a pretty cool guy.

Originally posted by Bizzareo
    I always watched these movies for entertainment, but found the some of the actual car effects really dumb (pink fire shooting out of tailpipes, cars popping wheelies while driving).
    Which part of this is fake? I know people that are running a bit rich because of a turbo setup so they put a spark plug in the exhaust pipe and ignite the gases as they come out the tailpipe. Not functional at all and I wouldn't do it to my car but it's kind of fun to see on someone else's. Even just for a minute until you get bored of seeing it. And for the wheelies, have you been to a drag race with a 900 horsepower muscle car? They raise up like that, I've seen Mustangs do it, that's why a lot of them have the wheelie bars in the back. The chassis on those cars go through hell.

Tokyo drift was pretty good though, the nissan engine in the mustang made me
    Again, why? They actually did that, that was a fully functional 1967 Mustang with a RB26DETT engine in it. It took them 3 months and $80,000 to build it but it did work. The only bad thing is the movie portrays it being done overnight which would be impossible.

The best is going to see these movies at theaters around opening day, so many shitty ricers around (tvs and underglow type)
    I think you just like complaining about people that like things different than what you like. I have a television (doesn't really show television channels) in my car that gives me navigation, weather, music, movies and whatever else I want. And I bet once you saw it you'd probably want it in your car, what's wrong with that? No underglow though, that's only really good for shows.

I don't care if people like these movies but I hate it when people generalize that a specific modification is stupid under any circumstance. If you say that you're not really a car guy.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Default Re: Re: fast and the furious 5 has a title

Originally posted by Mar

Which part of this is fake?
    And for the wheelies, have you been to a drag race with a 900 horsepower muscle car? They raise up like that, I've seen Mustangs do it, that's why a lot of them have the wheelie bars in the back. The chassis on those cars go through hell.
    Because it was on dirt/gravel.

That was the part laughed 2nd loudest at. 1st place was "You are exactly one quarter mile from your destination".

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast