Quantcast
Call back time - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Call back time

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Default Call back time

I recently interviewed for a position that went very well.

I had two phone interviews and then a face to face interview with the hiring manager. At the end of the third and final interview the hiring manager said he would be making his hiring decision in "a few days". This was on Monday and I haven't heard anything yet.

Now this was set up through a head hunter and the recruiter at the agency I've been dealing with left for vacation on Wednesday until next Friday. He does have someone else looking after his stuff while on vacation. I sent that person an email on Thursday night to just ask for an update on the position but I haven't heard back from him yet either. What's the appropriate time to wait to call the recruiter or to actually call the person I interviewed with directly?

I don't want to burn the bridge with the agency as they could have some positions of interest to me in the future so I don't want to go above the recruiter and directly to the hiring manager but the waiting is killing me!

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

I used to do some slick shit with a follow-up email with my transcript attached which always sealed the deal.
    Life is a Gamble.

Originally posted by bubbley
    I used to do some slick shit with a follow-up email with my transcript attached which always sealed the deal.
    That works... if you tried in high school haha. If i sent my transcript i would be black listed lol.

Originally posted by beyond_ban

That works... if you tried in high school haha. If i sent my transcript i would be black listed lol.
    Hahah that's what I'm thinking for me. I got a few bad marks last semester...and it killed my last sem gpa even though before last sem my marks were good. I really don't want to send in my transcript and have a black mark on my file....lol. But do most places hiring summer students for general office/administrative duties even ask for transcripts?

huh? college transcripts are usually a requirement if your getting your first job based on schooling you took.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I wouldn't call the hiring manager directly, as you could piss off the headhunter and possibly the hiring manager. The reason they use recruiters is they want to be partially removed from the hassles of dealing with the candidates.

Call the recruiter and follow up to see if any decisions have been made. Chances are, the headhunter is waiting to hear back from the manager, and that is why they haven't returned your call.

For what it's worth, every time a hiring manager tells me they are making a decision in a "few days", it always takes longer for them to decide.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by Cos

huh? college transcripts are usually a requirement if your getting your first job based on schooling you took.
    Ya, college transcripts would be required if you were using them, which would mean that you would probably submit them with your initial resume. That being said, i assumed the post i quoted was taking about HS marks seeing as how he was submitting them to seal the deal, after the interviews.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Originally posted by Pacman
    I wouldn't call the hiring manager directly, as you could piss off the headhunter and possibly the hiring manager. The reason they use recruiters is they want to be partially removed from the hassles of dealing with the candidates.

Call the recruiter and follow up to see if any decisions have been made. Chances are, the headhunter is waiting to hear back from the manager, and that is why they haven't returned your call.

For what it's worth, every time a hiring manager tells me they are making a decision in a "few days", it always takes longer for them to decide.

Good Luck!
    This is what I figured. It's been a long process so far so I'm just getting a little impatient (about a month). I made the trek from Kelowna to Calgary for this face to face interview.

I've used this headhunter in the past and I don't want to ruin that relationship for sure. The hiring manager was in town until yesterday and he did tell me he had a lot of work to do while he was in town (meetings, smoothing things over with some dealers/retailers, spending time with his territory manager in Edmonton who came down to Calgary). He flew back to London, Ontario yesterday but he stressed to me about four times how busy he was going to be while he was in town.

I was just hoping to hear something before the weekend so I'm not a complete basket case.

Ya, college transcripts would be required if you were using them, which would mean that you would probably submit them with your initial resume. That being said, i assumed the post i quoted was taking about HS marks seeing as how he was submitting them to seal the deal, after the interviews.
    Ah gotcha, yeah I didnt really understand what was trying to be said anyways.

Good Luck
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Nah man, i've never have been asked to submit transcripts ever for my post secondary. I always send a thank you email, with my transcripts attached to showcase myself more. Why the f would you send HS marks
    Life is a Gamble.

Originally posted by bubbley
    Why the f would you send HS marks
    LOL, thats what i was wondering.