Quantcast
Priceline is being a little annoying - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Priceline is being a little annoying

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Default Priceline is being a little annoying

I am trying to book a rental car for DFW for the 8th to the 17th of this month.
    On their front page they have a "popular" price of 11 per day, I click on that link and try for the $11 name your price... but it keeps rejecting me telling me that its to low, yet on another part of the site it list a recent price naming of 11 dollars as well.

This is kinda frustrating because it makes you wait 24h to try again. I've used about 5 different credit cards and gone all the way up to $17 per day and its still rejecting me..

Hotwire has them on sale for 17 a day with no haggling. I know though that a few times in the past I have nabbed cars at DFW for $8 a day...

Anywho...

Anybody have any other sites like Hotwire and Priceline for those deep discounts?

Thanks for reading

If you don't already know, check out betterbidding.com I'm more familiar with hotel bidding. I find its really all bout your dates as some dates you can get great deals and on other theres conventions and such and the discounts are not so great.

Although that hotwire thing going for 17 is a bit odd. If that is truly the best thing then that's not too bad of a deal.

Did you know that you dont have to wait 24h if you mess around with the class of car? as you know on some travel sites there is usually no difference in price for subcompact to compact up to standard or full size.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Thanks for the site.

Hotwires deal was okay.
    I finally ended up just going to national car rentals website and getting a mid size for $15 a day. I managed that by making my start time at 11pm the day before and the end time 1 hour after my intended return date(1am), that made for a extra 10 dollar charge ($5.00/hr), but still more than half price less and a bit more time than was previously quoted.

I guess it is the valentines week that has the prices cranked up everywhere.

Priceline is still a decent site though. I managed to get a return fare to DFW from LAX for 189 USD. come to think of it, that is probably the reason why it wouldn't give me a deal anymore. probably a one deal at a time kinda thing.

right... I'm off to wait super long to get sexurity searched before boarding a us bound flight!

Last edited by RickDaTuner; 02-07-2010 at 09:45 PM.