Quantcast
Consumer Reports Appliance Reviews (Dishwasher, fridge etc.) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Consumer Reports Appliance Reviews (Dishwasher, fridge etc.)

Default Consumer Reports Appliance Reviews (Dishwasher, fridge etc.)

Does anyone have a consumer reports subscription they can share with me?

Among other appliances, I'm trying to find out what is the most energy efficient dishwasher currently on the market.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Go to a library?

Default Re: Consumer Reports Appliance Reviews (Dishwasher, fridge etc.)

Can't beat Bosch dishwashers

My Ride
    '12 C350 Coupe

Id definitely like to take a look at this too, I have to buy all the appliances for the new house next weekend and I have no idea what to look for

Originally posted by jwslam
    Go to a library?
    yeah....or...hmmm....if only there was some sort of way to search an unlimited database of information....an "information highway" so to speak...somewhere...hmmmmmm

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=most+energy+efficient+dishwasher

Or....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=appliance+energy+ratings
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 02-07-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Originally posted by C_Dave45

yeah....or...hmmm....if only there was some sort of way to search an unlimited database of information....an "information highway" so to speak...somewhere...hmmmmmm

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=most+energy+efficient+dishwasher

Or....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=appliance+energy+ratings
    Yeah, because generic info from web pages pulled by Google are superior to the real-world, head to head testing performed by Consumer Reports.

Originally posted by sCream
    Id definitely like to take a look at this too, I have to buy all the appliances for the new house next weekend and I have no idea what to look for
    Want to go halfers on a year long subscription?

I'm in the same boat as you and I can definitely see the need for this even after we take possession. They also do vacuums, blenders, A/V components etc and a ton of other small appliances I (and hopefully you) will need to be buying.

I've sent you a PM.

Default Re: Consumer Reports Appliance Reviews (Dishwasher, fridge etc.)

Originally posted by koopkoop2

Yeah, because generic info from web pages pulled by Google are superior to the real-world, head to head testing performed by Consumer Reports.
    You asked for...

Originally posted by koopkoop2
    , I'm trying to find out what is the most energy efficient dishwasher currently on the market.
    I dunno about you but a site like THIS is hardly what I'd call "generic info from web pages". In fact it will even give you the EXACT rating on EVERY SINGLE dishwasher on the market: dishwasher energy ratings by model

You wanted energy ratings on appliances....that search gave you exactly what you're looking for. If you think you can't find the very same info a commercial website gives for a fee, then you really need to learn a little more about the internet. But hey...if you wanna spend your money on info thats readily and easily available for free...pardon me for trying to help you out. Knock yerself out.

Wow....

Default Re: Re: Consumer Reports Appliance Reviews (Dishwasher, fridge etc.)

Originally posted by C_Dave45

You asked for...

I dunno about you but a site like THIS is hardly what I'd call "generic info from web pages". In fact it will even give you the EXACT rating on EVERY SINGLE dishwasher on the market: dishwasher energy ratings by model

You wanted energy ratings on appliances....that search gave you exactly what you're looking for. If you think you can't find the very same info a commercial website gives for a fee, then you really need to learn a little more about the internet. But hey...if you wanna spend your money on info thats readily and easily available for free...pardon me for trying to help you out. Knock yerself out.

Wow....

Energy Star = Self certification by each company to a set standard. Since the standards writers know each product will vary wildly from one to the other, the standards must be written very generically which leaves a lot of room for creative interpretation on the exact test methodology. Many companies will slide through loopholes in order to categorize their products typical use case to a more stringent standard. This testing is usually done on near-production ready models which makes it very costly to re-engineer a product for standards conformance. It reduces engineering expenses and time to market by looking for loopholes to pass the product in its current form rather than to further delay the product release and re-engineer it. If you know what I know about this process, you'd look at all self certified standards as skeptically as most people do when they look at the manufacturer's stated battery life on portable electronics.

Consumer Reports = Single, unbiased, organization. They test multiple brands while ensuring as consistent as possible test methodology across all the products.

Sorry if I was harsh on you, but I was hoping not to waste my time and to avoid cluttering up my OP by typing this gigantic justification on why I only trust Consumer Report's opinion.

Soooo......getting back on topic....anyone have one or want to split the cost of a subscription with me?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have a subscription, pm me your email and I'll send you a pdf of the ratings you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Nevermind doesn't work anymore. Time to find another one.