Quantcast
Parking ticket from Vinci Park Parking - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Parking ticket from Vinci Park Parking

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Default Parking ticket from Vinci Park Parking

Just need a quick answer to this

Got a parking ticket at vinci park parking place by 10th ave!

It says $42 and i wanna pay it right away.. My Bad for not purchasing a ticket and im paying the concinquences.. Anywho..

Do i have to go to their office or can i pay it at a registry or a bank?

I heard ATB Financial you can pay it there.. Any body done this before?

thanks

ive gotten a few tickets and have always been able to pay online, check their website if they have an online option, thats the easiest way!

and on a side note, this is the first parking ticket thread i think i have ever seen where it wasnt "omFg i gots a tikhut, can i not pay an g3t away wif it??!"
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Haha yeah..

Its my fault I didnt purchase a ticket and now im gonna pay for it!

Shit happens right?

Unless im that terrible with google, I cannot find any online paying option on their site.. So I guess ill phone in tomorrow and ask if I can pay over phone or go threw a registry or bank!

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

hmm rather nice people

Got my ticket reduced from $42 to $21

Awesome!

They have no right to expect you to pay a "ticket" with a penalty.

I'd only pay them what the service (parking) was actually worth.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Try fighting them on that tho..

Theres just no point, its a waste of your time pretty much.. Something as stupid as that when I am in the wrong ill pay. Im just happy it turned out to only be $21 instead of having to pay $42.

^^^

What are they gonna do to you?

My Ride
    Too Much HP / Too Little HP

Originally posted by D. Dub

Really??

If you parked there without paying you cheated them, so you pay them back for breaking the law.

By your logic everyone would just stop buying tickets, and they would have to fine everyone to make any money?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by D. Dub

You are right, and I'm sure that's why they only took the daily maximum for the lot, which I hope it's $21.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by Gabe182

Really??

If you parked there without paying you cheated them, so you pay them back for breaking the law.

By your logic everyone would just stop buying tickets, and they would have to fine everyone to make any money?
    You made an error in assumption there. He's not breaking the "law". He's breaking the implicit agreement for parking there. There's several court cases that were lost by impark over this type of issue, and it from what I remember, it all boiled down to if you give the parking company more money than the actual parking is worth, you're simply donating money to the company.

So, is he legally responsible to pay their "fine"? I'm not too sure, but personal experience teaches me that sending impark the $2 with the ticket always makes them go away.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Too Much HP / Too Little HP

Originally posted by codetrap

You made an error in assumption there. He's not breaking the "law". He's breaking the implicit agreement for parking there. There's several court cases that were lost by impark over this type of issue, and it from what I remember, it all boiled down to if you give the parking company more money than the actual parking is worth, you're simply donating money to the company.

So, is he legally responsible to pay their "fine"? I'm not too sure, but personal experience teaches me that sending impark the $2 with the ticket always makes them go away.
    I always thought that it would be trespassing if you dident pay, I was under that impression that thats illegal.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by Gabe182

I always thought that it would be trespassing if you dident pay, I was under that impression that thats illegal.
    I'm not sure if they can charge you with trespassing honestly. If there's any lawyers here, feel free to speak up.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Well technically... I dont really have to pay Vinci park anything since they are a private parking company and could not track me down and send me more tickets...

But im not that kind of guy, If CPA gave me a ticket for being parked somewhere on the street without having a ticket i would of either gotten a bigger ticket that i HAD to pay or my car would of been towed..

Really you choose not to pay those tickets they have a record of the vehicle whenever its parked on their property(s).

And if not paid after 21 buisness days they have the right to give CPA a call to the vehicle towed, and I beleive you are not allowed to get the vehicle back until the tickets are fully paid for as well as the impound fee.

Anyways, I paid the ticket! Its all good now, I learned my lesson.

And FYI

CPA= Calgary Parking Association.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by codetrap

I'm not sure if they can charge you with trespassing honestly. If there's any lawyers here, feel free to speak up.
    Nope they dont have any authority to tresspass unless their a peace officer or Police officer.

And by law they making you stay until a police officer arrives for you supposebly "tresspassing" Is detaining, And that is Illegal and puts their company into large liabilities.
    Last edited by Shlade; 02-08-2010 at 12:00 PM.

My Ride
    G6

My impression is they have no legal way to ever make you pay the ticket as they are a private lot. The city won't go after you for it and it doesn't go on any record except the private company's. It's the equivalent of someone parking in your driveway and you ticketing them. They can, however, tow you if you park in the same lot with an unpaid ticket again. I personally don't pay private lot parking tickets. Why bother?

Originally posted by Feruk
    My impression is they have no legal way to ever make you pay the ticket as they are a private lot. The city won't go after you for it and it doesn't go on any record except the private company's. It's the equivalent of someone parking in your driveway and you ticketing them. They can, however, tow you if you park in the same lot with an unpaid ticket again. I personally don't pay private lot parking tickets. Why bother?
    For the win. I have had at least 4-5 of these under different vehicles and never paid one. Of course I wouldn't go and park there again due to towing.

From what I noticed, I think they allow you to have more than 1 ticket outstanding before they tow, as I have had an unpaid ticket (past 21 days) and then been ticketed again.
    Last edited by dimi; 02-09-2010 at 12:06 AM.