Quantcast
What do you do if a company has listed your phone number as their company number - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you do if a company has listed your phone number as their company number

Default What do you do if a company has listed your phone number as their company number

I get a few phone calls a week. I have had this number for over two years but an amusement company has their number that is listed online as my number.

I dont know what to do since I cant call them. Plus I cant change my number since it is on a ton of business cards.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

Do you know whos posted the number? Next time someone calls, ask what company their looking for. Then google the company. Then see if they have an alternate phone number, or an address. And just go there? Or fax them? Or email them?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

You can't contact the compay through their email from the online site? Get a hold of the web designer so the number can be changed.

no email, no website, no alternate number. I have the company name but dont want to post it here cause then every one on beyond will have my number. haha. Renee it is my work number, if you google it, the company comes up.

I googled the address and it looks like the address that is posted is for sale and in riverbend.

Is it actually on their company website or is it in some sort of directory?

Man, that'd be frustrating. Well...take all their business and open yourself up a second business!!!

Originally posted by BlackArcher101
    Is it actually on their company website or is it in some sort of directory?
    Some of those directory sites. Sort of knock off yellow pages if you know what I mean.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    Man, that'd be frustrating. Well...take all their business and open yourself up a second business!!!
    Haha I could make a killing. I think it is a company that sold juke boxes to bars, so I get called late at night about coins stuck in them, they want to add one, etc.

Kind of annoying at 11 at night on a saturday when your running out of the bar to answer a possible sales call only to find a drunk ass asking you to get his dollar back.

Answer and say

Hello that you for calling xxx amusement.

Then be as creative as possible and insult the shit outta the person on the phone.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by Cos

Some of those directory sites. Sort of knock off yellow pages if you know what I mean.

Haha I could make a killing. I think it is a company that sold juke boxes to bars, so I get called late at night about coins stuck in them, they want to add one, etc.

Kind of annoying at 11 at night on a saturday when your running out of the bar to answer a possible sales call only to find a drunk ass asking you to get his dollar back.
    What kind of sales are you in to bud?

I could only imagine someone wanting to call at 11 at night on a saturday!

My Ride
    POS

Sounds almost like a prank with someone taping a fake business card to a machine with your number on it.
    Last edited by topmade; 02-09-2010 at 10:34 PM.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

My dad's business number used to belong to a tattoo parlour. They just eventually ran with it (it was an engineering firm) and quoted outrageous prices every time somebody called. They had one guy show up at the office for some reason, so they had the welder come out with a ballpeen and a screwdriver and asked where he wanted his new piercing.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    2006 G35 Coupe

I have a similar problem like you have. A very large phone/internet company has the name number as me but my area code is 403 and theirs is 604. Stupid people in Calgary always type in 403

My Ride
    Lease

My parent's home phone for the past 20 years has 1-off digit for many businesses: local Chinese restaurant, My optometrist's fax number (we get tons of private info thru fax), Golf course.

My Ride
    Hatred

Oh man I wish I pulled this prank on you. It would have been worth a few laughs over a pint.
    -U

My Ride
    an econo box

I used to have a number that was one digit off of Lux Windows.

Their number is 276-7770 my old number was 278-7770.

I'd get calls daily. Got pretty annoying.

What made me laugh though was the people who didn't bother to listen to my voicemail greeting (obviously not Lux Windows). They'd leave messages about quotes etc. Once I was out of town for about a week and came home to about 5 messages from the same lady, first two were polite, then the rest was her bitching about not calling her back and saying it's poor customer service etc. LOL.

My current work number is similar to the City of Calgary's waste management customer service line, once in a while I'll arrive at the office to find a message from an old lady bitching that her garbage wasn't picked up lol.
    Last edited by KrisYYC; 02-10-2010 at 03:08 AM.

haha okay okay, here is the site:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&so...meta=&aq=f&oq=

Anyone calls me asking for more shit (I am starting to know who normally calls me), I am throwing your number up on here. haha

Even you unknown.

Originally posted by KrisYYC
    I used to have a number that was one digit off of Lux Windows.

Their number is 276-7770 my old number was 278-7770.

I'd get calls daily. Got pretty annoying.

What made me laugh though was the people who didn't bother to listen to my voicemail greeting (obviously not Lux Windows). They'd leave messages about quotes etc. Once I was out of town for about a week and came home to about 5 messages from the same lady, first two were polite, then the rest was her bitching about not calling her back and saying it's poor customer service etc. LOL.

My current work number is similar to the City of Calgary's waste management customer service line, once in a while I'll arrive at the office to find a message from an old lady bitching that her garbage wasn't picked up lol.
    Yeah that has happened to me a few times too, usually monday mornings. It seems to mainly be this bar called three coyotes just near chinook.

Originally posted by Unknown303
    Oh man I wish I pulled this prank on you. It would have been worth a few laughs over a pint.
    and this is why I didnt tell you about it

Pints still sounds good though.

My parent's home phone for the past 20 years has 1-off digit for many businesses: local Chinese restaurant, My optometrist's fax number (we get tons of private info thru fax), Golf course.
    soooo I screwed is what your saying.

Originally posted by TC06
    I have a similar problem like you have. A very large phone/internet company has the name number as me but my area code is 403 and theirs is 604. Stupid people in Calgary always type in 403
    I wish I could tell people that, soo much easier then trying to tell them their business went under.

Originally posted by 97'Scort
    My dad's business number used to belong to a tattoo parlour. They just eventually ran with it (it was an engineering firm) and quoted outrageous prices every time somebody called. They had one guy show up at the office for some reason, so they had the welder come out with a ballpeen and a screwdriver and asked where he wanted his new piercing.
    Yes! I want to do that.

Originally posted by topmade
    Sounds almost like a prank with someone taping a fake business card to a machine with your number on it.
    I wish, see google above

Originally posted by adidas

What kind of sales are you in to bud?

I could only imagine someone wanting to call at 11 at night on a saturday!
    More technical support then sales (although they call them sales calls). We design and build powerlines so the client has 2 or 3 people on standby and then 1 of us always on standby in case of a major outtage we go in and design whatever has fallen over. 99.99999% of the time the lineman can figure out what to do. The last 0.0000005% the clients person is around. We are that last 0.0000005%.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Just keep running with it, over-promise and under-deliver time and time again. They'll figure it out soon enough lol
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

You know what is going to happen right, you are going to do the outrageous prices and rude behaviour and someone is going to come on beyond and bitch about the company.

Actual Email to tech support

"Any instructions? Some of our Site IT folks aren't technical."

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

My number in Calgary used to be for a Petro Canada gas station/car wash.
    I'd occasionally get calls at 6am on Saturday morning asking me when I was going to open. Luckily, I worked most Saturday mornings, so I was usually up, or getting ready to get up.
    Didn't happen too often, and since the other person hadn't done anything wrong, I was usually polite about it.

One morning, some lady called to ask when I was going to open. I told her this wasn't Petro Canada, and that the flyer she had was at least 7-8 years old, that the number wasn't correct, and that, as far as I know, that Petro Canada wasn't even there anymore. Hung up the phone, and started counting. On "3", the phone rang again. "Hi. This is still my house. It's still 5:30am. Your flyer is still out of date. That Petro Canada is still no longer here."
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    a car

You're probably going to have to go on to each of the sites with your number listed and ask them individually to take it off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast