Quantcast
when do beyonders take their cars outta storage? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: when do beyonders take their cars outta storage?

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Yeah you gotta get out and drive these things, especially the cheap little nimble cars like Civics.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by heavyD
    I would only store again is if it's a classic or exotic otherwise I'm going to get 12 months out of the year from my expensive, depreciating asset. I don't mean to be mean but if you are storing a Civic, Integra, WRX, etc you're an idiot. I can say that because I was that idiot once lol.
    Agreed. I'd wrap my car around a pole instantly if I were to take it on snowy icey roads, so it stays put. Also because its a convertible, and nothing destroys a soft top quite like the constant freezing & thawing of the canvas, as well as the road salt.

I cant help but laugh at the guys that park their civics & integras for the winter, are you fucking kidding me?
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Agreed. I'd wrap my car around a pole instantly if I were to take it on snowy icey roads, so it stays put. Also because its a convertible, and nothing destroys a soft top quite like the constant freezing & thawing of the canvas, as well as the road salt.

I cant help but laugh at the guys that park their civics & integras for the winter, are you fucking kidding me?
    Yeah I don't think I would drive a RWD Convertible in the winter but if it's FWD or AWD (excluding cars like the GTR and up) there's really no excuse.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I see a GTR once or twice a week. Not a shitty R32, but an R35. The GTR should be driven.

Supercar, I can see storing... but that is about it.

My Ride

I wouldn't mind buying a GTR FOR a winter car. Makes sense to me, AWD, fun, practical and still fairly decent on gas.

I'm mainly looking at a '94 Al-trac quite soon though, apparently those are just wicked in the snow.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Dont want to be a dick and everyone will probably jump on me BUT you cant just go around making fun of people who park their pride and joy that is only worth a few thousand dollars. Not everybody wants to drive an expensive mid life crisis car like yourself.
    Im pretty sure you still wouldnt drive your beamer in the winter even if it had a hard top...

Some people on here spend a lot of time, money and effort to keep their summer months enjoyable on the street and the track. Why would anyone want to drive around on roads covered in salt? Why the hell would anyone want to start their motors in really cold temps when they dont have to?

Sorry mate, but saying a cheaper, older car does not deserved to be parked over the winter makes me think you are an ignorant snob.
    But hey opinons are like arseholes; everyone has one.

I personally would not park my car unless it was rare, undrivable or really expensive. That being said, if your car is your pride and joy that you cant stand to see get a little damaged from the winter months and you are willing to sacrifice and drive a POS for over half the year, well, then all the power to you.

My Ride

Originally posted by tomt64

Dont want to be a dick and everyone will probably jump on me BUT you cant just go around making fun of people who park their pride and joy that is only worth a few thousand dollars. Not everybody wants to drive an expensive mid life crisis car like yourself.
    Im pretty sure you still wouldnt drive your beamer in the winter even if it had a hard top...

Some people on here spend a lot of time, money and effort to keep their summer months enjoyable on the street and the track. Why would anyone want to drive around on roads covered in salt? Why the hell would anyone want to start their motors in really cold temps when they dont have to?

Sorry mate, but saying a cheaper, older car does not deserved to be parked over the winter makes me think you are an ignorant snob.
    But hey opinons are like arseholes; everyone has one.
    No I would drive it actually, abiet with winter tires & rims. And for the record and I did not say anybody that parks *ANY* civic is an idiot, but some of the cars that people choose to park makes me do this.

I dont get why someone would park a relatively stock 10 year old civic with an unpainted bodykit & rust over the winter, that is what I was referring to exactly.

Yes you're absolutely right there are certain civics & integras on this forum that meet your criteria quite well, and I'd honestly agree to NOT drive those in the winter. But i was speaking in reference to the other 80% of those that aren't anywhere *NEAR* show quality that do get parked.

My Ride
    turbo power

who cares if they park their NOT show quality cars... people are just different and who cares...just drive your car..park it..whatever..enjoy life

Well you might want to be just a little more specific before pointing it out next time then.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I park my '91 MR2 for the winter. It's fairly stock, not uber rare, and not show quality, but it has no rust on it, and nor do I want to subject it to the salt solutions the city pours on the road.

I can see it being valuable one day to collectors, just like muscle cars from the late 60's. For the record, my "winter beater" is a '03 Audi Allroad.

If people want to put their projects away for the winter, I see no reason to make fun of them for it. It's kind of nice to switch up cars once in awhile anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Originally posted by benyl
    Cars are meant to be driven.
    cars are not meant to be snowplows though.

My Ride
    07 R6, 12 Ralliart

Originally posted by kevie88

We buy fun AWD cars for the winter!!
    haha totally agree!

My Ride

Originally posted by tomt64
    Well you might want to be just a little more specific before pointing it out next time then.
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of the fact I should use Sock Puppets & crayons to explain each post of mine.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the fact I should use Sock Puppets & crayons to explain each post of mine.
    Sarcasm detector is broken... what Im saying is dont bother posting that up next time

My Ride
    15,000 red line

I know a girl who drives z4 throughout the winter, obviously it didnt move at all through out the snow storm we had but i've seen her drive it frequently since its her only car. Unless its rare/ $150,000+ its meant to be driven. There are enough RWD on roads lol

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

^^

I disagree with that, in somebody elses eyes it might just be a regular car, In the owners eyes its their pride and joy and want to take care of it.

Personally for me, Id be way to tempted to drive it, Having the car sit in my garage and me just staring at it would drive me insane for 5 months, I just couldnt do it.

I see many RWD cars on the road, My charger goes great in winter and i have my fun with it also, But personally I see where Graham_A_M is coming from, He wants his car to stay in tip top shape and will not let snow ruin it.

Not everybody on beyond is rich a $5000 car to somebody could be treated as a Ferarri by somebody, Whats your reason to tell him not to keep his baby in tip top line?

And personally, If i had a Z4 I wouldnt drive it daily at all

The car is coming out to play next month tho

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    I personally would not park my car unless it was rare, undrivable or really expensive. That being said, if your car is your pride and joy that you cant stand to see get a little damaged from the winter months and you are willing to sacrifice and drive a POS for over half the year, well, then all the power to you.
    Did you get a new car yet?

What are you driving now anyways

My Ride
    Wheel hops

I choose to park my civic because A) it has almost no rust so i dont want it spreading, B) i dont want my intercooler getting raped by the ridiculous amount of rocks on the road, and C) Its just too low to be practical for winter it would get stuck everywhere

My Ride
    Turbo charged 1977 Datsun 280Z

Default Yesterday

Snow in the back alley finally melted enough to drag my baby out of the garage. 20 minute jaunt around McKenzie Towne scaring the bejeebers out of women and children was a blast. Might have to do it again today. Boy, does it need some tuning. Time for the dyno....

Markham

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast