Quantcast
Owned Cardel super today. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Owned Cardel super today.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Default Owned Cardel super today.

EDIT1: just discovered my roof is leaking aswell.... this is a week after possession.

The story...

So it was my final posession walk-thru today.... I had the first one about 2 weeks ago... There were a few flaws, particularly on my main floor half bath, I don't get warm water for at least 30+ secs.... So I was like wtf, that better get fixed. The half bath is close to the hot water tank too...

Cabinets were fucked. I mean I paid so much money for upgraded rich dark cabinets, and they looked like shit.

So I go in today 45 min earlier. to my surprise there were like 10 tradesmen in there going over all the flaws we talked about 2 weeks ago... I was like ok... and it was obvious they were rushing.... again... i'm like ok.

Checked the baths.... not fixed... never fixed.
    paint. not fixed, they said they would do it during possession.
    cabinets. not fixed
    tile grout. not fixed. EDIT: they grouted the tile.... now it just looks like a terrible tile job... woulda been better just to leave it, now I gotta cut the grout out and re-grout.... then seal... guess they were in a hurry.
    doors. didnt close properly... fixed now
    stipple was over sprayed everywhere.... fixed, and now coming apart in areas... in one area its so bad you can see behind into the pot light....
    and a ton of other fucking shit that just pissed me off, and was getting done.

EDIT: leaking roof.... nice.

So super arrives... right off the bat he starts going over all the possession paperwork. first grading, and all that shit thats seasonal. ok its not done. no problem, I understand they cant pout till spring.. np... signed.... no prob. then he hand me the possession paper.... I'm like.... well lets just go over this house first ok.... He gets angry... hes like richard, I've only built and delivered 1200 of these... I'm like ok... lets start looking around ok? so hes like fine lets go upstairs... my mother fucking toilet is leaking, this was the 3rd time I had to tell him about it. So i told asked him how many more times do i have to ask you to fix that. Adjust it, next time I have to tell you, your replacing it. he says ok. and I can tell he was embarassed. So i start going over the master, I tag a bunch of paint spots that need doing. I get back into the master bath... I'm like look at that cabinet. I looks like its 10 years old. I marked this for you 2 weeks ago whats going on? he tells me to look at it from the front, 4 feet, he said it looks fine. I tell him, its not fine, I didn't pay half a mill for cabinets like that, and tell him to look at how nice the rest are. he says, its not his problem, if it looks ok from 4 feet away, its ok. He said I'll put it down a a complaint. I look at him, and I just felt a HUGE rage coming upon me.... I pause 5 secs... take my glasses off and I ask him. you having a shitty day? reply. no. You having any other problems? hes like no. So I begin owning him. I didn't give you 500k for shitty fucked up looking workmanship. This looks like shit. your going to fix it. and walked away.

There were tons of touch ups everywhere, no biggie... we get downstairs. I asked you to fix the hot water issue... Hes like I had the plumber come in, there is no problem.... I'm like k.... I guess I must be the only house on the street with a 1 min waiting time to wash my hands. Hes like well my taps take 15 secs. I'm like I dont care about your house. I care about mine. and mine take 45 secs. You expect my guests and customers to stand around 1 min to wash there hands? hes like its normal. maybe in your world I reply. This is unaceptable. nothing I can do he says. mmmmk np, but heres the deal. i'm going to pay a 3rd party plumber to come in, if he fixes it, your flipping the bill. and 267/hour for each hour I waste here... hes laughs and says no way. i'm like ok lets move on then.

Cabinets..... take a look at them I ask from where I'm standing. fucking guy steps back, and asks me what hes looking at..... I look back at him, pause for 5 secs.... look at these fucking flakes everywhere... there, there, there, there, there. hes like. oh well we'll take a look at them. I've already had the guy come out twice... I think buddies come out twice and fucking didn't see this shit... wow.... he musta been smoking crack.... fridge doors dont open properly, back doors arn't opening properly.... I'm just like ok enough.... lets see the paper work

He puts the water issue up again, the cabinets, up&down on the to do list I guess? i dunno. All of sudden the lights stop working on my stair well.... Hes like oh light burned out. I'm like no. its an electrical issue. something i told you about 2 weeks ago aswell. the light goes on and off by itself. i tought it was solved...

He tells me they will take care of it.... its on the sheet. again asks me to sign the possession. I tell him. This house is not upto my standards. I will not be taking possession today, until everything we have talked about is satisfied. He starts losing it... telling me, if I dont sign, I will be charged 6% on everything oweing on the house, he does this in front of 4 trades.... I tell him look. and i look around at all the trades. All i'm doing is giving you the opportunity to make things right on your end. no hard feelings, I'm not trying to piss you off, I expect this house to be as good as new. and its not. he says I have nothing to gain by not taking possession. I wasn't even going to respond that that BS line. He tells me I'll be getting a call from Cardel. I'm like, just make sure its perfect. and walk away.
    Last edited by InRich; 02-20-2010 at 12:22 AM.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Well like ok
    Life is a Gamble.

LOL damn.. Well they just poured my basement.. Whos the Supervisor?
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by JAYMEZ
    LOL damn.. Well they just poured my basement.. Whos the Supervisor?
    lol do you really wanna know. If your building on or near cranston we share the same guy. He was really good at the start. just when I wouldnt sign, he got super pissed. I could tell he was pretty angry at the upstairs cabinets too.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Originally posted by InRich

lol do you really wanna know. If your building on or near cranston we share the same guy. He was really good at the start. just when I wouldnt sign, he got super pissed. I could tell he was pretty angry at the upstairs cabinets too.
    Normally you take posession and they come fix things up, you no you have new home warranty....and of course with new construction its not going to be "perfect"
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    Lease

Take some photos Rich

Originally posted by bubbley

Normally you take posession and they come fix things up, you no you have new home warranty....and of course with new construction its not going to be "perfect"
    really?

ive never bought before so i can't really say, but if i was paying 500 grand i would want it to be perfect when i was moving in

Originally posted by InRich

Yup same guy then.. Everything so far has been on time .. Im going to swing by my place after work. The Framers come in on Wed.

Damn that sucks.. If they screw up on mine , maybe ill give you a call lol.. You can give them the same speech ahah.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by bubbley

I made that mistake in my last place. It was a year+ getting everything fixed. After you take posession and they are paid, they don't care anymore. As a contractor, the days off work to babysit trades got very expensive/tiresome.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Default I don't get warm water for at least 30+ secs....

are you sure the tank is not on the vacation setting? sounds like you will need to first check out the HWT settings first.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    93 integra

You guys want good craftsmanship on your homes then move elsewhere than Alberta. My sister and her husband's house, where I live, is right up there near 1mil and still we had a whole sheet full of mistakes and things that were wrong. Doesn't matter how much you pay out here it'll still be built by cokeheads.

Default Re: I don't get warm water for at least 30+ secs....

Originally posted by bourge73
    are you sure the tank is not on the vacation setting? sounds like you will need to first check out the HWT settings first.
    shouldn't the plumber have done that?

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by bspot

I made that mistake in my last place. It was a year+ getting everything fixed. After you take posession and they are paid, they don't care anymore. As a contractor, the days off work to babysit trades got very expensive/tiresome.
    depends on who your trades/suppliers are really. I know a lot of trades that hold off on purpose. At the same time, I know some companies have their process that takes time, but do come and fix the problems right when the product is ready.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

Originally posted by bspot

Werd. My parents bought a house from Cardel. It got to the point where we were so fed up with the shit, I went to the house to sit there all day and annoy the supervisor. I just sat in my car, went in to check if things were done, if they weren't, I told him.

Almost got punched a few times by him, but everything was done correctly. Messy way of handling things, but correct. You will NEVER get perfect. If you want a perfect house, you build it yourself and hire your tradesmen yourself.

Originally posted by Spoons

Werd. My parents bought a house from Cardel. It got to the point where we were so fed up with the shit, I went to the house to sit there all day and annoy the supervisor. I just sat in my car, went in to check if things were done, if they weren't, I told him.

Almost got punched a few times by him, but everything was done correctly. Messy way of handling things, but correct. You will NEVER get perfect. If you want a perfect house, you build it yourself and hire your tradesmen yourself.
    Even if you do that there are going to be things that are not perfect. Things that are not worth it to fix so maybe you charge it to the trade for making a mistake or things you don't notice until later. If you really look closely there are no houses that are absolutely perfect.

The super stating the 4 feet rule is what most trades and house builders go by since you usually are just walking around and not starting at walls and what not with a magnifying glass.

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Nothing sounds too out of the ordinary. Some people are more picky than others... I'd be the same as you... however, this is the reason I'd never buy a new house right now.

No new home is ever going to be perfect. Good luck getting everything fixed.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

He got upset by you refusing possession, because it means he is going to have to go back to his superiors with his tail between his legs, and explain why it is that the house wasn't move-in ready. I'm glad you told him no. If he is a dick about things, I would suggest speaking to Cardel directly and tell them how he tried to push you into an unfinished house.

But your title is misleading. You didn't "own" Cardel today.

Actually, they kinda owned you....

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Originally posted by GQBalla

really?

ive never bought before so i can't really say, but if i was paying 500 grand i would want it to be perfect when i was moving in
    Yeah you have a year to spot things etc with the company..i mean you let them no the big things that are visible in the walk-through right away. But then theres going to be items that will take time to discover. I mean its what the process is, you setup times for the trades and they come fix everything for you. Dont no why OP freaked out like that, yeah its annoying but it will get done.

I believe if you read your contract if you dont take possession etc they have the right to sell the house as well.
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I could write a book on how bad these clowns are. I would love to see Cardel go bankrupt tomorrow.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Rich Youre my hero.

Subcribed for updated
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast