Quantcast
Owned Cardel super today. - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Owned Cardel super today.

My Ride
    X3

Originally posted by jazzyb
    I had my post-pocession 3month warranty service yesterday with cardel: Another shitty experience.

Everything according the warranty supervisor was "home owner" maintance issues. I'll make a list below:

There is alot of mud on the roof in the basement (undeveloped) probably due to framing during the wetseason. The ceiling is caked in mud, and i've repeatedly asked for it to be cleaned.... the warranty supervisor directly told me that is part of home owner mantance and I should have dealt with it on my own. Why the fuck shoudl I clean mud from the ceiling?

All the doors in the house get stuck - supervisor response I should have taken a hammer to the door lock bracket.......

Front door wooden steps are splitting pretty badly- I should've replaced the treated wood on my own.

the list goes on.....

he did agree to adress the issues, but it took some persuiding.

Ugh. I'm with Cardel too and this sounds EXACTLY like my warranty guy... probably the same guy. What a douche.

My Ride
    370Z

I built with Cardel back in early '05, very little problems, all were handled great, except one at the one year go over. I asked about cracking floors in the garage, said we would look at it in the spring, my one year was in Nov.'06, so fine. Never heard back from them, they had gone through i think 4 area supers in that time.

I built with Stepper this time, so far everything seems good, we did our walk through last week, i think they were pickier then i was about things to get touched up. We get poss in a few more days, so we'll see how it goes.
    The only complaint would be how many different places we had to go to pick stuff. The one nice thing about cardel, at the time, was everything, almost, was in house to pick.

With both houses we were by atleast once a week checking it out.

My Ride
    Is fun!

Some of you may find this of use - or at least of interest:

http://www.canadiansforproperlybuilthomes.com/

Been there, done the whole building thing - and Z-Fan is basically correct. Most builders pull their tradesmen from a 'pool' of guys (usually self employed individuals). Standards may vary a little between companies and what they expect, and accept from their hired trades, but it's not really that great a difference and it is indeed, a crap shoot.

Our build went reasonably well, but it was super stressful. We were driving 40 mins across town almost daily to oversee it and had to keep on their tail the whole time. It was a constant stream of phone calls/pushing to correct things as they happened. We bumped into several of our future neighbours in the process and all had issues to some degree with their builder; some more than others.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10