Quantcast
Parking Authority at its finest - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Parking Authority at its finest

My Ride
    02 Blown X

Default Parking Authority at its finest

Today I noticed a parking control vehicle parked right in front of a no parking sign. I thought it was pretty funny so I ran out to snap a quick picture. What happened next was a little surprising.

The parking authority guy starts walking my way and is absolutely furious. He starts screaming at me “I can break the law if I’m enforcing it”

This guy was clearly very angry and started yelling even more. Not wanting to upset the agitated parking guy anymore I simply waved, and said “have a nice day”, turned around and left. All the while he is still yelling at me as I walk away.

They drive around all day taking pictures of your parked car, but if you take a picture of theirs, watch out.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

That's pretty funny. I don't know that I would have walked away. Maybe a nice little chat with the reasonable & civil city employee.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    '09 Dodge Challenger

not surprising at all, these guys think they are cops. one time in the NE this parking control car flashed his lights at me, speeds up and cuts off my vehicle so i couldn't pass him. he gets off and yells at me.

I told him he wasn't a cop, and if he wanted to be one CPS was hiring - and that really got him pissed.

I hope you reported the incident to the Parking Authority authorities... lol...

What a douche.

Default Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Originally posted by 2LOW4SNOW
    “I can break the law if I’m enforcing it”
    ]
    Oh wow...too many things could be said about that statement. Thank god (most) cops don't think like that.

Can a police officer give parking patrol a ticket for violating a traffic law? I doubt it would ever happen but that would be fricken hilarious.

Ya, I'd be sending in that picture. Friggen "supervisor" too. Brutal.

My Ride
    2003 VW Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg

Lol...that's awesome!
    Op is gonna be the next Jimmy Justice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJMITfyd3I8

My Ride
    Is fun!

Send it to the media - might make the evening news

Judging by his reaction, I guess he'd be in quite a bit of trouble.

Bloody little Hitlers!

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Default Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Originally posted by oilerfan4lyfe

Can a police officer give parking patrol a ticket for violating a traffic law? I doubt it would ever happen but that would be fricken hilarious.
    Yes they can. If a city employee receives an infraction, red light or other ticket, they bear the cost. Are police and other peace officers allowed to break the law in order to enforce it? And are parking enforcement people considered to be peace officers? Dayglow? Phil?

If it was me I would have let him scream and yell at me, grabbed his name and a witness and filed a complaint. Taking a picture is perfectly legal and you can't be punished for doing so unless prohibited by law. You also cannot be forced to delete images off of a digital memory device, same caveat as above.
    Last edited by FraserB; 02-12-2010 at 06:56 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

That actually IS a hilarious shot. I think I'm gonna put that on my Facebook....

A supervisor no less, priceless his yelling at you, he knows this pic is coming back to haunt him.

Default Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 11:17 PM.

My Ride
    Old Car

Priceless... go ahead and file a compliant against that tool supervisor. All you did was snap a photo!

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Awesome.

Default Re: Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Originally posted by FraserB

Yes they can. If a city employee receives an infraction, red light or other ticket, they bear the cost. Are police and other peace officers allowed to break the law in order to enforce it? And are parking enforcement people considered to be peace officers? Dayglow? Phil?

If it was me I would have let him scream and yell at me, grabbed his name and a witness and filed a complaint. Taking a picture is perfectly legal and you can't be punished for doing so unless prohibited by law. You also cannot be forced to delete images off of a digital memory device, same caveat as above.
    Yes, there is a section of the TSA that states police/peace officers are allowed to break all sections of the TSA and all subsections of it, but only in the execution of duties. So he can break parking laws to enforce parking control... but I think he took the joke a bit too personally.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    something green

It enrages me that the city does not have to follow its edicts when it comes to parking and general traffic. If the city staff themselves had to obey by the parking laws forced on everyone else during the course of normal business, the parking situation would be most likely be much different in this city.
    I often work across from city hall, where I get to observe city staff parking for sometimes the entire day in a 30 minute zone, do they have to go through motions of the lousy park plus system? No. They park with impunity. And the police are no better, leaving their cars with the ass ends hanging out on 6th ave because they would rather obstruct half a lane than park down the street and walk a few blocks. No parking on 1 st sw 3:30-6:00, unless of course you are truck full of city workers that decide to stop at Tim Hortans in Bow Valley square.

Government does not ever realize the poorness of its systems if it never has to encounter and use those systems in the same context as those forced to.

A supreme court justice put it the best:
    In a government of laws, existance of the government will be imperilled if it fails to observe the law scrupulously. Our government is the potent and omnipresent teacher. For the good or ill it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the Government becomes a law breaker,it breads contempt for the law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself, it invites anarchy.
    Too loud for Aspen

Default Re: Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Ever seen a cop flick his siren to go through a red light? Happens every day.
    Let me tell you a story. A few years ago I was working at night and a call came in as we on our way for lunch. A guy was threatning suicide with a gun. We are a ways away, but we put ourselves on the call and proceed to go lights and sirens. Other units across the district do the same. After a few minutes other units call that they are on scene and that everything is ok. 2 cars are already out so we slow down, clear ourselves off of the call. Back to lunch, so we drive up to the Timmies which is open so we could have a bowl of chili. Guess what? A complaint came in that we flew lights and sirens to Timmies.

Preception and reality are two very different things. We could have snuck off after shutting down and drove to a different spot for lunch, but why? We didn't do anything wrong.

I can honestly say in all the time I've worked that I have never been with anyone or seen anyone just flick their lights on to go through an intersection. Never. I won't say it doesn't happen, but I've never seen it.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Originally posted by DayGlow
    I can honestly say in all the time I've worked that I have never been with anyone or seen anyone just flick their lights on to go through an intersection. Never. I won't say it doesn't happen, but I've never seen it.
    I'm most certainly not calling you a liar; I'm just surprised. I've seen this a multitude of times.

Selective vision?

Hey OP, are you going to send it in? I think you should haha.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Originally posted by Kloubek

I'm most certainly not calling you a liar; I'm just surprised. I've seen this a multitude of times.

Selective vision?
    Oh I've done it and worked with tons of people that have done it, but it's because we are doing something.

One example, I get a call, the Hendersons are drunk and fighting. It's just a lot of yelling right now, but I remember that other week when Bob went after Agnis with an axe and she locked herself in the bathroom. He was chopping through the door when we got there.

It isn't an emergency yet, but I'd like to get there a little bit quicker. So instead of lights and sirens I drive a few k over the limit and when I get to a red light, I make sure it is clear, then light it up and go through.

This is just one example. Not every call requires going balls to the wall, but you want to get there at a quicker pace.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast