My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

NVM. Posted while Dayglow was.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Originally posted by DayGlow

Oh I've done it and worked with tons of people that have done it, but it's because we are doing something.

One example, I get a call, the Hendersons are drunk and fighting. It's just a lot of yelling right now, but I remember that other week when Bob went after Agnis with an axe and she locked herself in the bathroom. He was chopping through the door when we got there.

It isn't an emergency yet, but I'd like to get there a little bit quicker. So instead of lights and sirens I drive a few k over the limit and when I get to a red light, I make sure it is clear, then light it up and go through.

This is just one example. Not every call requires going balls to the wall, but you want to get there at a quicker pace.
    I don't see what the big deal is. You never know what the cop is doing and where he/she is going. Good post DayGlow.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Originally posted by A790

I don't see what the big deal is. You never know what the cop is doing and where he/she is going. Good post DayGlow.
    I did catch up to one who was going to Tim Hortons once... now they COULD have canceled the call, but I'll never know. I'd rather them blow through the lights in dayglows example, then have to be paranoid, and NOT do it, ever.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Oh I've done it and worked with tons of people that have done it, but it's because we are doing something.

One example, I get a call, the Hendersons are drunk and fighting. It's just a lot of yelling right now, but I remember that other week when Bob went after Agnis with an axe and she locked herself in the bathroom. He was chopping through the door when we got there.

It isn't an emergency yet, but I'd like to get there a little bit quicker. So instead of lights and sirens I drive a few k over the limit and when I get to a red light, I make sure it is clear, then light it up and go through.

This is just one example. Not every call requires going balls to the wall, but you want to get there at a quicker pace.

Dayglow, I for one and fucking pissed off! Who the fuck do you think you are coming in here and putting up that post that just smacks with reason! I swear if you don't learn the rules of beyond, I am going to start another rant about how I got cut off by some random driver.

/sarcasm
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 11:17 PM.

My Ride
    shoppin cart

y dont we all email this pic to his boss ahha

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    You know, no one even said anything about Timmies, Mr. Officer. A bit defensive aren't we.

My post was referencing the comment about "breaking" the law in order to enforce it. In both situations, parking and actual cops aren't breaking any laws if they are doing it safely, as part of their job.
    nit pick much, or are you just oblivious that he used it as an example?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

I will never deny that it hasn't happenned where a copper abuses this, I just think it's more of an exception than the norm.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Default Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Originally posted by oilerfan4lyfe

Oh wow...too many things could be said about that statement. Thank god (some) cops don't think like that.

Can a police officer give parking patrol a ticket for violating a traffic law? I doubt it would ever happen but that would be fricken hilarious.
    Tell the good copy story to my friend who got his car rear ended only for the cop to jump out and give him a ticket + claiming it was his fault. Needless to say the poor guy had to lose a car (3rd party insurance) + Buy a new car + raised insurance.
    Thank you CPS

My Ride
    02 Blown X

To all the posters that say I should have stuck around and had a chat with this guy. I really didn't think that escalating the situation would do anybody any good, In my opinion he wasn't in the mood to have a casual chat.

Apparently somebody else in the building also thought that it would make a funny picture and took some shots from inside, I'll check with them tomorrow and see if they have any shots of the parking supervisor expressing himself.

My Ride
    81 Z28

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

I can honestly say in all the time I've worked that I have never been with anyone or seen anyone just flick their lights on to go through an intersection. Never. I won't say it doesn't happen, but I've never seen it.
    Dayglow, you must work with an exceptional group cause I've seen cops run light with full siren & lights many, many times just to get across an intersection.

Way, way, back when I was a teen(Early 80's) I used to work at a 24 hour restaurant on 36 st NE that was a popular stop for cops . I guarantee that at least once per week we'd have a cruiser blow throw the red light with lights & siren only to pull into our lot & come in for a meal or coffee.

I've gone on a ride-along with a police officer for his entire 12 hour shift. There are times police don't always use full lights and sirens to respond to every call.

I hate the Parking Authority. Not the first time I've seen them park randomly on the side of the street.
    Last edited by PremiumRSX; 02-13-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Originally posted by gregh

Dayglow, you must work with an exceptional group cause I've seen cops run light with full siren & lights many, many times just to get across an intersection.

Way, way, back when I was a teen(Early 80's) I used to work at a 24 hour restaurant on 36 st NE that was a popular stop for cops . I guarantee that at least once per week we'd have a cruiser blow throw the red light with lights & siren only to pull into our lot & come in for a meal or coffee.
    To be fair police and policing was a lot different in the early 80's. It always interesting to hear an old balls' story from back then. A lot has changed and professionlism is higher because scrunity is higher.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    aww is he your super secret valentine?
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

I really tried to see things from your point of view, but I guess I failed, My body just does not bend like that...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

hey Dayglow,

have you heard of the chicken game?
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    '09 Dodge Challenger

screw what cops do can or can't do - can we turn this thread into greatness and get this Parking Authority guy on a front page or something?

My Ride
    Hatred

To be fair police and policing was a lot different in the early 80's. It always interesting to hear an old balls' story from back then. A lot has changed and professionlism is higher because scrunity is higher.
    I think I love DayGlow. His honesty makes me feel warm inside.

But really. Everyone aways dumps on the people who enforce our laws. It's pretty sad. Sure Parking Authority isn't saving a life I guess but I've lived places where you have virtually no parking and you're coming home after a long day and your spots taken. No where else to park so you call PA and they show up and same situation they park where ever they can near the call so they can do their job.

It's still a funny picture though.
    -U

I don't see the big deal with this pic, it isn't really that bad. when a parking guy pulls up behind a bunch of meters and gets out to check on the cars, he doesn't go put money into the spot where he is in, that would be stupid. Same shit.

If a car is parked in a fire lane, the parking guy pulls up behind him and gets out to write a ticket. you could just as easily take a pic of that too, but whats the big deal? Do you expect him to go park in the nearest lot or parking meter and walk back to write a ticket?

His attitude was uncalled for, but lots of people are dicks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast