Quantcast
Parking Authority at its finest - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Parking Authority at its finest

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

It's reasons like this that I tend to bring my camera with me in my Vehicle.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by DayGlow
    One example, I get a call, the Hendersons are drunk and fighting. It's just a lot of yelling right now, but I remember that other week when Bob went after Agnis with an axe and she locked herself in the bathroom. He was chopping through the door when we got there.
    I am Bob Henderson. Those dishes had been in the goddamn sink for a week, I wasn't drunk, I just had a couple Heinekens, and I was chopping up that door for the firepit in the back; it was 45 years old, rotting, with flaking paint...the new door was in the garage and was getting installed that afternoon.

Preception and reality are two very different things.

My Ride
    Honda

Just got a ticket for being "4.3m" away from a hydrant ...

Yes, I guess my car was too close.

My Ride
    no longer has a spoiler

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking Authority at its finest

Let me tell you a story. A few years ago I was working at night and a call came in as we on our way for lunch. A guy was threatning suicide with a gun. We are a ways away, but we put ourselves on the call and proceed to go lights and sirens. Other units across the district do the same. After a few minutes other units call that they are on scene and that everything is ok. 2 cars are already out so we slow down, clear ourselves off of the call. Back to lunch, so we drive up to the Timmies which is open so we could have a bowl of chili. Guess what? A complaint came in that we flew lights and sirens to Timmies.

Preception and reality are two very different things. We could have snuck off after shutting down and drove to a different spot for lunch, but why? We didn't do anything wrong.

I can honestly say in all the time I've worked that I have never been with anyone or seen anyone just flick their lights on to go through an intersection. Never. I won't say it doesn't happen, but I've never seen it.
    I've seen it happen more than twice and less than five times between Ottawa and Calgary. The police car pulled up to the light going well under the speed limit with no lights, flicked the lights, went through the intersection, turned the lights off right away. It was clear they weren't on a call. We're all human.

My Ride
    S13 / W204

Originally posted by Kennyredline
    Lol...that's awesome!
    Op is gonna be the next Jimmy Justice!
    Jimmy Justice for the win.

i saw a parking authority van parked directly infront of a no parking sign. so i scribbled on a piece of paper a sketch of where they were parked and where the no parking sign was, i dated it, time stamped it and finished the 'ticket' with 'YOU OWE ME $36 YOU #@#@$ PRICK' and stuck it on his drivers side window
    Last edited by Dumbass17; 02-17-2010 at 09:53 AM.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by szw
    I don't see the big deal with this pic, it isn't really that bad. when a parking guy pulls up behind a bunch of meters and gets out to check on the cars, he doesn't go put money into the spot where he is in, that would be stupid. Same shit.

If a car is parked in a fire lane, the parking guy pulls up behind him and gets out to write a ticket. you could just as easily take a pic of that too, but whats the big deal? Do you expect him to go park in the nearest lot or parking meter and walk back to write a ticket?

His attitude was uncalled for, but lots of people are dicks.
    Actually I seen the guy downtown get out to read the meters and he put on his flashing lights and hazards. He then drove to the next block and did the exact same thing.

As for the police going through the light thing is a lot different. Dayglow was on a mission to get to the timmies... errr I mean crime scene. Thats a huge difference then a guy giving out a ticket because you backed into a parking stall.

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    i saw a parking authority can parked directly infront of a no parking sign. so i scribbled on a piece of paper a sketch of where they were parked and where the no parking sign was, i dated it, time stamped it and finished the 'ticket' with 'YOU OWE ME $36 YOU #@#@$ PRICK' and stuck it on his drivers side window
    LOL

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by masoncgy
    I hope you reported the incident to the Parking Authority authorities... lol...

What a douche.
    X2.... honestly.. that guy is entirely out of line.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    1928 Ford Roadster, 1930 Ford Roadster

Another"special parking" shot for the thread

My Ride
    Blue boy

I emailed the picture to the parking authority and demanded an explanation. Here's the reply I got.

Sure, I offer the following preliminary response.

While the photo does not show the officer I presume the officer is in the immediate vicinity actively performing enforcement duties. Under the Traffic Safety Act, provincially appointed peace officers are exempt from ‘Use of the Highway and Rules of the Road Regulations’ so long as they do so without compromising public safety while performing their duties. An exemption to posted regulations is also offered to all manner of emergency personnel, to several agencies actively engaged in maintaining public utilities and to the public when directed by a peace officer or upon issuance of a permit by the City Engineer.

We encourage officers to park legally whenever reasonably possible in the interests of setting a positive example.

If the officer was not actively engaged in enforcement duties or you wish me to follow up for any other reason then I need date - time - address whereupon we can investigate this complaint further.

Allan Bazar CET
    ParkPlus System Project Lead
    Manager of Parking Enforcement
    Calgary Parking Authority
    620 9th Avenue SW
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    T1Y 5M2
    www.calgaryparking.com
    www.parkplus.ca
    (403) 537-7120

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    I emailed the picture to the parking authority and demanded an explanation. Here's the reply I got.

While the photo does not show the officer I presume the officer is in the immediate vicinity actively performing enforcement duties. Under the Traffic Safety Act, provincially appointed peace officers are exempt from ‘Use of the Highway and Rules of the Road Regulations’ so long as they do so without compromising public safety while performing their duties. An exemption to posted regulations is also offered to all manner of emergency personnel, to several agencies actively engaged in maintaining public utilities and to the public when directed by a peace officer or upon issuance of a permit by the City Engineer.

We encourage officers to park legally whenever reasonably possible in the interests of setting a positive example.

If the officer was not actively engaged in enforcement duties or you wish me to follow up for any other reason then I need date - time - address whereupon we can investigate this complaint further.

Allan Bazar CET
    620 9th Avenue SW
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    T1Y 5M2
    www.calgaryparking.com
    www.parkplus.ca
    (403) 537-7120
    I didnt know parking attendants were classified as peace officers. You kinda feel sorry for the actual Peace officers out there that have to deal with the real shit that goes on and the fact that they have the same title as some immigrant who cant speak english and works for min wage.

(not trying to be racist by the way)

i had to laugh at the parking authority guy giving tickets to cabs in front of the International Hotel.

He was giving tickets to drivers while they were in their cars. And when the cars didn't move after giving 2 tickets, he went out in the middle of the road and starting waving his arms trying to get traffic to go, stopping (or at least trying to stop) oncoming traffic to accomplish this

The raging look on his face was priceless.

Originally posted by G-ZUS

Allan Bazar CET
    620 9th Avenue SW
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    T1Y 5M2
    www.calgaryparking.com
    www.parkplus.ca
    (403) 537-7120
    You didn't believe me when I said the exact same thing on the first page of this thread?

He was just getting uptight and anal about it without reason... whenever I'm questioned about it I just politely explain it to them without raging out like that CPA guy.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3