Quantcast
2010 Vw Gti - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Vw Gti

My Ride
    NC1

The Golf R would be the perfect car. I would gladly pay $50k for it.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

i'm not impressed with either transmission in the new gti nor the e-diff. the new speed3 is a better driver's car imo.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

if the golf r20 comes it'll probably start in the high 30's. i bet they will have it compete with the sti and evo for price. even though it won't be as fast as either it should be a better daily driver. no word yet if it is coming, but rumors are they it will come in 2dr and 4dr and 6spd and dsg. who knows though. i'll take a 4dr 6spd in white to match my 07

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by gpomp
    i'm not impressed with either transmission in the new gti nor the e-diff. the new speed3 is a better driver's car imo.
    Haven't tried the speed3 so can't really compare, but my MK5 GTI had an older version of the e-diff and it was the best FWD car I've ever driven. I was thinking of getting a Quaife when I first got the car but decided against it because the e-diff worked so well. Zero torque steer in a straight line, and at the track I could lay the power down coming out of corners without a hint of understeer. What didn't you like about the e-diff?

Everyone knows how I feel about the DSG transmission so I'm not going to start that argument again haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by rage2

Everyone knows how I feel about the DSG transmission so I'm not going to start that argument again haha.
    Did you use the paddle shifters for daily driving? One thing I notice is that I rarely ever use the paddles now. I change between normal and sport but most of the time I just let the car shift.

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

You can get a base Sti for ~$36-37K after discount. As nice as the GTi's interior is, and as engaging as the MS3, the AWD was the kicker. There's just more ways to have have fun in either awd or rwd.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by heavyD
    Did you use the paddle shifters for daily driving? One thing I notice is that I rarely ever use the paddles now. I change between normal and sport but most of the time I just let the car shift.
    Only when a good corner came up and there was no traffic.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Sorry to bring this thread back to life , but I have a few questions...

I took a '10 GTI for a test drive yesterday,and liked it a lot !
    I drove a DSG equipped car.

1.Manual or DSG ?? I liked the DSG.Didn't try the manual.All my recent cars have been manual.My wife can drive manual (her Accord has a 5spd ) .I would like to autocross the car at some point.

2. How costly is maintenance ??

3. how good is the standard audio system ??

I would probably get the Leather Package as the only option.
    18 inch tires are very expensive.I would probably get summer and snow tires once the oem tires wear out.

Thanks for any input...
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Originally posted by fast95pony
    Sorry to bring this thread back to life , but I have a few questions...

I took a '10 GTI for a test drive yesterday,and liked it a lot !
    I drove a DSG equipped car.

1.Manual or DSG ?? I liked the DSG.Didn't try the manual.All my recent cars have been manual.My wife can drive manual (her Accord has a 5spd ) .I would like to autocross the car at some point.

2. How costly is maintenance ??

3. how good is the standard audio system ??

I would probably get the Leather Package as the only option.
    18 inch tires are very expensive.I would probably get summer and snow tires once the oem tires wear out.

Thanks for any input...
    1. Your choice but I'd go DSG as you get the best fo both worlds.

2. Services range from around $100(Every second service 8,24,40 etc)-$600 (64k Major service) The 32k service is about $300

3. Surprisingly not to bad for a factory system.

My neighbor just got a black one.... I think it looks fantastic, haven't driven one though. Seems a bit expensive. ~$36k with leather? I'd go for the lexus IS250 or the merc c-class for a grand or two more.
    You could say that again. Booze just kept flowing. We walked home (tried to plow at that elgin monument hill park thing) haha...too cold, but that explains the night.
    -WH

I pick up mine tonight!

Tried all the cars in the class that I was interested in (can't get over how ugly the new MS3 is), and the GTI was my clear favorite.

I am looking at one as well, what kind of deals are you guys able to negotiate with the dealer??

thanks

My Ride
    E90 335i

Only personal gripes I had with the previous gen (MKV) GTI was the fact that it had no block heater. They are insanely cold cars in the winter if you don't not have a garage, never had a problem starting up but they took forever to get warm inside the cabin.

Either then that you cant miss, with the extended DSG warranty I wouldn't hesitate in picking one of these up (if I had the cash of course ).

Originally posted by RawB8figure
    I am looking at one as well, what kind of deals are you guys able to negotiate with the dealer??

thanks
    Not much at all, we got $500 of plus another $750 off from the new grad discount. The cars are on a 4 month wait list, so there doesn't seem to be much incentive for the dealer to drop prices.

No other car for that price bracket can compare to the GTI IMO...

I'm fond of the 2 door white w/ the 18s"

I love its Avant Garde styling, imo better than the C30 and its overall practicality.
    Its got it all, the badge, the fun, economy, luxury and practacility.

If you're talking about performance, yea sure a WRX or WRX 265 and a Speed3 is faster, so are the SRT4s and Cobalt SSs as well...

I recently took a WRX out for a spin, and I was so diappointed by the interior quality... It almost appears to be a Japanese thing, including my Altima SE-R, and new Nissan's/Hondas etc... They just don't know how to design an interior. The ergonomics aren't bad, but they use such cheap hard-touch plastics in most of their vehicles... The carpeting, leather and the cushions are equally poor when compared to their european counterparts.
    That being said, its kinda like sofa's that have leather on area that you only touch... its really no less durable than a full leather sofa.

Along with that, "I" find that most european cars usually have more sound dampening, better quality paint, more features like trunk and hood shocks and an overall difference in feel.
    Also, I find them to be sturdier in feel, with that "kathunk" sound when you close the doors...
    Also in general, the ride quality of the European vehicles just have a great compromise of comfort and sportyness... I think spending more initial capital in designing the valving for their shocks/struts and perhaps a better applied progression in their springs.
    However, the Japanese have found to make their product equally or if not even more durable...

The GTI may not be the quickest hot hatch, as it is a hefty chasis... but you don't compromise quality nor luxury in the process unlike its competitors.

IMO the GTI's interrior is superior to the 3 series and better than any honda/nissan/yota/sub period
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 03-29-2010 at 10:02 AM.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by davesparky6
    My neighbor just got a black one.... I think it looks fantastic, haven't driven one though. Seems a bit expensive. ~$36k with leather? I'd go for the lexus IS250 or the merc c-class for a grand or two more.
    Yeah but he wants to autocross his car. GTI is a much more capable performer than either of those other two.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by atgilchrist

Not much at all, we got $500 of plus another $750 off from the new grad discount. The cars are on a 4 month wait list, so there doesn't seem to be much incentive for the dealer to drop prices.
    When I was at Northland driving one 3 weeks ago they had 7 in stock Mostly DSGs too.

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Thanks for the replies.

I liked the GTI's solid feel,classy interior,and it's quite zippy.

I'm not quite ready to get rid of the Focus yet.It's just passed through 125K ,and it's holding up reasonably well.But is almost
    10 years old,and I've come to really like hatchbacks.
    I'll probably have to replace my wife's '02 Accord first.She's racking up the miles.She would like a TDI Jetta.Maybe I can get a deal for 2 cars...doubt it though..

atgilchrist : What options did you pick ??
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

Originally posted by fast95pony
    Thanks for the replies.

I liked the GTI's solid feel,classy interior,and it's quite zippy.

I'm not quite ready to get rid of the Focus yet.It's just passed through 125K ,and it's holding up reasonably well.But is almost
    10 years old,and I've come to really like hatchbacks.
    I'll probably have to replace my wife's '02 Accord first.She's racking up the miles.She would like a TDI Jetta.Maybe I can get a deal for 2 cars...doubt it though..

atgilchrist : What options did you pick ??
    5 door, Carbon Grey, DSG, Leather, Sunroof, 18" wheels.

I wanted the Dynaudio speakers, but they only come with the Nav package in Canada, and I really don't need nav, and wasn't going to spend $2k just to get the speakers.

Now the mod planning begins haha.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That Nav package is awesome, not just for the Nav, but the entire interface for music and entertainment. I wish I had that option in my MK5 instead of aftermarket.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast