Quantcast
FREE stuff for University Students! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FREE stuff for University Students!

My Ride
    1987 MR2 w/ 1988 4A-GZE

Default FREE stuff for University Students!

I remember that being a university student meant that I had no money to spend on some of the things that I wanted. As such I would take what I could get. Now I’m going to give a little. I have three items up for grabs. I like to think that I am an honest man and as such I will disclose any and all issues that I know about on each item.

Item 1: GONE
    Kenwood stereo amplifier model KA-800
    http://www.link-audio.be/Versterkerkoopjes.htm
    It is the one pictured at the top of this page. The picture is only to show the model and isn’t actually the one I have.
    This is a stereo amplifier that has served me well. It works best with a nice set of old speakers. I definitely annoyed my neighbours more than once with this amplifier.
    Condition: Used and it shows. The glass panel that flips down to access some of the controls has a chip in it which is covered by electrical tape. That was done before I got it and I just never did anything about it. Exterior has some scratches and unit is dusty.
    Known issues: The contacts on the volume slider are dirty. When the volume is adjusted sometimes this causes some static to be heard over the speakers. Once the volume is set and the slider is no longer moving this goes away. Some of the input select buttons are worn and no longer sit flush with the rest. They still work.

Item 2:
    Zenith DVD player model DVC2200
    http://www.retrevo.com/s/Zenith-DVC2...74ag416/t/1-2/
    Again this is not mine that is pictured.
    This was the first DVD player I ever owned. I used it right up until the point that I got my PS2. Since I only had one RCA input that I could use I didn’t see the point of switching back and forth between a DVD player and the PS2 when the PS2 could be used as a DVD Player.
    Condition: Used but good. There are not scratches on the front of the unit and maybe one or two on the top. Unit is dusty and needs to be wiped down. I am including the remote and a set of RCA cables for connection. It also has an S-Video output and a coaxial output for digital sound.
    Known issues: I had one disc that it refused to play. I suspect that the lens is probably dirty. I would think that the batteries in the remote need to be changed.

Item 3:
    Sony Playstation 2 - GONE
    This is one of the earlier PS2’s. It has the DVD/CD tray that slides out the front of the unit instead of the access opening on top. It is not the first model run of PS2’s and the only reason I know that is the DVD remote that could be purchased for it. My brother had one of the first model runs and it would require that a memory card had some info downloaded to it to get it to work. This one doesn’t.
    Condition: Used but good. It needs to be cleaned as it is dusty, but there aren’t any major scratches. I am including the power cable, the RCA output cable which has been chewed by my cat and patched together, and two controller extension cables to make it easier to sit on the couch on the other side of the room and play games. Sorry, but I do not have any controllers or memory cards. Those can be found at used game shops and I think they can even be bought new at some stores like Future Shop.
    Known issues: There are only two. The cable that I mentioned that the cat chewed, which is fixed and working fine, and a backwards compatibility issue. It will play PS1 games however for some reason it won’t initialize the second controller. So playing a two player PS1 game won’t work. This was the reason that I purchased one of the newer slim PS2’s. Now I have that and a PS3 so I don’t need this on anymore.

So that’s what I have up for grabs for free to university students. Now I do have a few conditions. One, those interested must come and pick them up. I work on campus and these are in my office so I think that’s fair (remember the freeness). Two, I will not give the PS2 and the DVD player to the same person. The PS2 plays DVDs so there wouldn’t be a point. Three, first come first serve. Please REPLY IN THIS THREAD if you are interested in any of these items. That way it is easy to see who wants what and who is first to lay claim to any of the items. Pick up time and location will then be organized through PMs. I think that that is fair.

Final note: All three of these items were working when I stopped using them. That was at least two years ago. Since then they have been collecting dust in the top of a closet. I have not tested them since. I see no reason why any of these wouldn’t work, but I can not guarantee that they do.

Cheers,
    Berg
    Last edited by Berg9987; 02-22-2010 at 03:59 PM.

I'll take the Sony Playstation 2. please pm me time and location of pick up.

Thank you

My Ride
    1987 MR2 w/ 1988 4A-GZE

The Playstation 2 has been claimed.

The DVD player and Amplifier are still up for grabs.

Cheers,
    Berg

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

It's worth the risk of losing user rating points to post this and tell you you're a nice guy for doing stuff like this.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    1987 MR2 w/ 1988 4A-GZE

Here's a picture of the DVD player and amplifier:

Cheers,
    Berg

My Ride
    1987 MR2 w/ 1988 4A-GZE

Because I need this stuff gone and I don't want to throw it out, anyone who wants it can have it.

Cheers,
    Berg

My Ride
    1987 MR2 w/ 1988 4A-GZE

Amplifier has been claimed.