Quantcast
Review: Golden Central Chinese Cuisine (DIMSUM) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Review: Golden Central Chinese Cuisine (DIMSUM)

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by jwslam

炸兩
    There's a wiki on it lol.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhaliang
    That's the mandarin name btw. But it's Hoisin (seafood, not oyster) sauce and sesame (yes I know it tastes like peanut) sauce.

That's not unpopular here. I think it's called "exploding" or "overflowing" or at some places "lava" egg yolk buns. There's a variation where the whole bun is deep fried. I believe Happy Hill (at the top of the Centre Street Lion's Bridge) has it.
    Haha thanks jwslam! You learn something new everyday. The dishes are great but that egg yolk bun totally threw me off my game. Unexpected but it was good!

Originally posted by King Banana
    Honestly, I'm white as white can be, I don't have a clue what I'm doing when I order chinese food.

I didn't know there was two menus, the guy never mentioned that, not that I would have understood him if he tried to tell me.

So confused, how do you get the other menu, is there like a secret chinese handshake, or do you need to bring in a jar of blood from a chinese daughter?

So confused.

I need like a how-to - order chinese food for white people.
    Well there's a lunch and dinner menu and dimsum is mostly a noon thing so I don't think you can get shaomai on the dinner menu unless you request it. But don't quote me on that.

Although I feel like I owned myself and feel like a bit of a failure, the food I ended up with tasted very good and the portions were large enough to last me hours and hours of bulging stomach goodness.

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza (White)

The "white" menu probably has everything the "chinese"
    menu has... It just on the chinese menu there is specials and what not... Which is written entirely in chinese unfortunately.

eh.// 4 people meal, 6 people meal, seafood meal, etc

These meals usually contain dishes that are more common between chinese patrons. Meaning, it does not include ginger beef.

Yeah Dim sum is only in the morning and till 2PM usually. If you are eating between morning and 2PM then just say your there for dim sum.... They would know, or just go to a restauraunt that still pushes carts around.... eg.// chinese restauraunt on the 2nd floor of new asia supermarket.
    Last edited by DarkDream; 04-28-2010 at 03:43 PM.

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza (White)

oops double post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2