Quantcast
Law Abiding Citizen - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Law Abiding Citizen

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Default Law Abiding Citizen

Wow. I'm impressed. Considering the lead actor usually gets shafted into roles with shitty writing, he was impressive to watch act. This just came out on DVD, I have no idea when it was in theatres, but I couldn't find a thread here on it.

What did everybody else think of it?

Spoiler:
    I find it odd of how watching Dexter hack people up doesn't bother me, but Clyde seemed to be a very disturbed individual when he did it in this movie, which freaked me right the fawk out.

I also am curious as to why the story writer deemed this a "happy ending" movie. This is one of the few movies where it would have seemed to have made sense for it to be a "sad" ending, with Jamie Foxx's character truly learning the "lesson"

My Ride
    Subaru GR

yeah, I watched it a few months back....very good flick, but I agree on your second spoiler note for sure!

Edit: it was in theaters in Oct09, since I wanted to watch it while I was on vacation but forgot about it.....
    Last edited by 1-Bar; 02-28-2010 at 01:05 AM.
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    Grimace

I also never thought of it while it was in theatres and watched it when the dvd came out. I was quite impressed with it as I thought it was some court room drama for some reason.

Quite an interesting movie though how it played out. I was also hoping for the other ending as I was rooting for clyde even though the things he did to get his point accross were quite extreme. I did read that originally the two mains roles were reversed and changed at the last second.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I really liked it, watched it the other night!

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Love it! bought it a while ago on dvd! amazing movie!

My Ride
    S13 / W204

everyone i know has told me this is a great movie... gonna rent it this week!

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Probably one of Gerard Butlers best roles... Aside from 300

My Ride
    old Toyotas

the fuck? this is a terrible movie. Jammie Foxx's acting was about as dull as a butter knife.

It started out fine and even till the last 20 min I would put it as ok but the whole ending scenario just ruined the whole thing.

They set the whole movie up with Gerard as a mastermind who carefully plotted everything, and then all of a sudden somehow he gets outsmarted by Jamie Foxx?
    And despite the whole thing being Jamie Foxx's fault, at the end his character walked away and didn't learn a thing.

Spoiler:
    Perhaps it is because dexter only kills bad people, however this guy murders everybody, and to a large extent many of them are innocent.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Spoiler - What i didnt like..
    Spoiler:
    I didn't like How he left the building first with the cell phone, but Foxx got to his cell before he reached it...
    [/QUOTE]
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by black13
    the fuck? this is a terrible movie. Jammie Foxx's acting was about as dull as a butter knife.

It started out fine and even till the last 20 min I would put it as ok but the whole ending scenario just ruined the whole thing.

They set the whole movie up with Gerard as a mastermind who carefully plotted everything, and then all of a sudden somehow he gets outsmarted by Jamie Foxx?
    And despite the whole thing being Jamie Foxx's fault, at the end his character walked away and didn't learn a thing.
    You and I obviously have different definitions of a terrible movie. I'm not saying it was A movie material, but it was a solid b-list movie. I can name it better than plenty of hollywood a-movies that were given good ratings.

Admittingly enough, there would have been a switch on the bomb to detect if it had been moved. But I think that was one of the points, he was getting too cocky near the end. For instance, Avatar (by most definitions of a good movie) was mediocre. People still loved it.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Admittingly enough, there would have been a switch on the bomb to detect if it had been moved.
    Just watched this last night, and this was my first thought when Spoiler:
    they showed the bomb under his cell bed, anyone so creative with bombs would surely have a mercury switch or even be hooked up to the phones accelerometer. It was not a suitable ending for the movie at all
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.