Quantcast
Recaro Baby seat - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recaro Baby seat

My Ride
    01 Nissan Xterra

Default Recaro Baby seat

Has anyone seen these before im having my first baby and came across it heres a link to them. http://www.recarochildseat.com/RECARO-Como-G2.pro

i guess there not csa approved. so not legal in canada does anyone know what the best brands are for baby seats out there.

Tunerworks had one.

If you want a good baby seat , go to the Bay , they are pretty good prices.. Ive got two from there. Just remember to get Dark Colors.. kids love to spill everything on them , they get dirty FAST.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Everyone seems to say the Peg Pergo car seat is the safest.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    Silverado

my sister in law has a car seat that doubles into a stroller and has a handle, pretty cool.. Maybe a common feature but what do i know

My Ride
    2000 DC4

yeah we have one that it comes out of the car and attches into the stroller, Walmart has some good ones. Our new car seat is a eddie bauer .
    JDM goodness + boost = 1 phat integra

www.abtegs.net

My Ride
    Audi 5000 QT

what do you need a convertable or just front facing? i picked one up al walmart for my daughter the other week for like $79 bucks and its a convertable

www.boostedalberta.com
    =[[Beyonds Dirtiest Daily Driver]]=
    Originally posted by dj_rice
    OOP or whatever that Out of Province Inspection is called

My Ride
    01 Nissan Xterra

I think a convertable would be the best bet im looking at britax brand now. my wife has been looking at user reviews and almost everyone gives them a 5/5 probably going to be hard too convince her other wise. Does anyone on here have one from this brand. Also anyone know a good place to look for a crib.?

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

This one looks very well bolstered so if you took your car to the track with the baby in the back seat it should be fairly comfortable

JK

My Ride
    2000 Honda Civic Coupe

I have the Britax Marathon. It has amazing reviews both online and from people I know in person that have it. I can't compare it to anything else since it's the only carseat we have other then the bucket seat we used when he was little, which made life much easier and I would recomend for a newborn. I do love our Marathon.

My friend has both a marathon and a cheaper one and she says without a doubt she loves the marathon way more. It was easier to install, felt more sturdy and her daughter looked more comfortable in it.

Some other popular and well rated convertable seats are:
    Britax Boulevard
    Sunshine Kids Radian
    First Years True Fit

As for cribs it depends on what you want to spend. People like the ikea crib. Walmart, Zellers, The Bay, Sears and Babies R Us all have cribs at similar prices. Don't pay full price though, they always go on sale. Or you can more up to the expensive cribs at places like E-children. Personally the only one I wouldn't buy is a storkcraft since they have been recalled a few times in the last couple years.
    Last edited by JC Civic; 02-23-2010 at 03:11 PM.

My Ride
    01 Nissan Xterra

lol the recaro seat looked pretty cool but i tihnk im going to go with a britax. kids are expensive but am really excited this is going to be my first. any tips for a new dad? seems like there are alot of dads on the forum here.

Oh a mod can move this to general if they want seems to have strayed away from general car talk.

Does it really matter if it's not CSA or whatever approved? My mr10 lexan windshields arn't dot/tc/whatever approved and they're 100x superior to any glass on the market.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

We have a Britax Roundabout that we used, and it was great if you're not looking to have one that's a bucket style. If you're looking for one that's a removable bucket in a base, then Chicco Keyfit rates very high.

As a matter of fact, we're just finished with our Roundabout, so if you're interested in it, I'm sure we could make a mutually satisfactory deal.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

U can't acutally use Recaro in Canada as it is not CSA Approved
    I got the Pre Perego from Bo Babe I think my wife said it has one of the best safey rating on it and you can attach the car seat into the stroller; but the consequence is that the car seat is really heavy compare to other brands and it only seat up to 22lbs (most other brand is higher I believe) If u decide to buy from Bo Babe u get 5% off if u sign up for the membership card

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

You should consider Britax travel system. Say your wife wants to go to the mall, and the baby falls asleep on the way. Instead of having to take the baby out of the car seat, you just take out the seat, and hopefully baby keeps sleeping. And if you have 2 vechicles, you can buy an extra base, instead of having to transfer the carseat. When you look for a stroller, it's a good idea to get one that fully reclines, and if possible a reversible handle. As for advice, you and your wife should make a rule for after the baby comes-whatever you say in the middle of the night when you are both sleep deprived, can't be held against you the next day. As for right now, remember she is busy growing a human being, so what she says goes.
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    Honda

Recaro's are super crazy!

The suede they use is nicer than the suede in my cars' Recaro seats They are extremely hard to get, but the price on them is really reasonable.

wow thats cool that you having kid but it wood be really nice if youcent your kid to good school where thay taut good engrish it wood really help there ability to diel with society.

My Ride
    X100 | A80

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
    Does it really matter if it's not CSA or whatever approved? My mr10 lexan windshields arn't dot/tc/whatever approved and they're 100x superior to any glass on the market.
    Word, who needs some sort of testing done when it comes to baby seats, its all about being different man.
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

My Ride
    EP3

Originally posted by j.garner
    ... but am really excited this is going to be my first. any tips for a new dad? seems like there are alot of dads on the forum here.

I came across www.beingdadusa.com and downloaded their free eBook (link on the right hand side of the page). I found it pretty insightful - there's some really good info in there

Short clip on new dads (from the same site)

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I believe KAOS on Beyond bought one while back IIRC.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

We had the Peg Perago that attached to our stroller for the first 6 months, we now have the Britax boulevard I think, go check out Kazc Kids or E- children most of our stuff came fr those two stores. And a great book to pick up would be "Healthy Sleep Habits" by Weisbluth. Definitely helped us out. Also, Radian car seat have a steel frame so they are a little heavy, probably not for you but the wife might have a hard time, and make sure you secure the baby in properly, if you get pulled over with a car seat most often than not they will inspect if the baby is in there properly if not you get tickets and have to attend a training course/ seminar, fun stuff....
    Last edited by Clever; 02-24-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast