Quantcast
West side rec users - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: West side rec users

And often the kids side is empty and the regular gym is packed...but adults aren't allowed in. That pisses me off.
    Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Originally posted by GREENBOY
    And often the kids side is empty and the regular gym is packed...but adults aren't allowed in. That pisses me off.
    You're allowed in after their "priority use" time is over.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

aka whenever the regular side is dead anyways

Glad I found this thread. Getting sorta fed up with a 20 minute 15 km drive to Talisman 4 nights/week. Was considering Westside for proximity convenience but by the sounds of this thread it's just as bad if not worse lol Talisman is getting packed with social butterflies and non-etiquette savvy folk, and really anytime between 3-9 pm might as well be the running of the bulls, let alone trying to find parking. Throw in a Flames game, fuckin nightmare lol so looking around for a new gym. Not sure if I'm ready for a "real" bro city-type gym, but it is starting to sound like a good idea. Toured Westside with my gf a while back, they have good equipment and a lot of it, is it really that bad tho?

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Toured Westside with my gf a while back, they have good equipment and a lot of it, is it really that bad tho?
    I don't go as often as I should. But whenever I do, the parking is usually a pain. Lots of soccer moms in X5's and Q7's carrying 3 toddlers. Sometimes I'll get lucky and land a close spot as someone leaves. You can usually get a spot with not much trouble, but sometimes you may have to walk a bit. I've never seen the lot 100% full.

The part that bothers me is the kids. They walk over from the high school across the street, and in the locker room, they do nothing but sit there and socialize. There'll be a group of 5-10 of them, and they'll sit across two benches and block an entire bank of lockers. Pisses me off so much.

There are some in the regular workout areas, but I haven't seen enough of them there to bother me. Most people are pretty good about not hogging equipment (except the kids), but it does get crowded in the after work hours.

But you're going to see kids and families at any place like Westside, Talisman, YMCA, etc. If Westside is closer for you, you may find the traffic better than Talisman, especially on Flames game nights.

You can get a pack of 10 entry passes at Westside and see what you think. I believe it can be used towards the cost of a membership if you decide to sign on.

I think I might just go to Westside the odd time here and there, with my gf since it's located directly between our homes, and we don't work out together on a regular basis anyways. Gonna stay with Talisman tho. Went for a free tryout at world health north hill, man what a joke. Did my warm up sets and left. Packed with socializers, people using the few dumbell benches they have as storage, closed at 10 pm wtf? and when I asked some nasty she-bro if she was using the bench next to her, she gave me the dirtiest look and said she was, when in reality she wasn't. Seriously couldn't tell if this pig was an overly tanned white girl or a black girl lol. High tailed it outta there straight back to Talisman, had a great chest workout. Pretty pathetic facility too IMO.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

If you can't stand bro gyms then how do you last at talisman?

The place is full of 16 year olds, the courts are constantly in use by 2 dozen Somalian guys who spit in the water fountains and there's hundreds of typical skinny fat office guys that hog equipment doing pointless workouts that yield zero results.

Also, have you ever stepped foot in the locker rooms? They're the most disgusting, busy thing I've ever fucking seen. I actually worked out at Goodlife for 9 months while waiting for my exec pass to come in so I wouldn't have to get changed in that shit hole.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

Originally posted by ddduke
    If you can't stand bro gyms then how do you last at talisman?

The place is full of 16 year olds, the courts are constantly in use by 2 dozen Somalian guys who spit in the water fountains and there's hundreds of typical skinny fat office guys that hog equipment doing pointless workouts that yield zero results.

Also, have you ever stepped foot in the locker rooms? They're the most disgusting, busy thing I've ever fucking seen. I actually worked out at Goodlife for 9 months while waiting for my exec pass to come in so I wouldn't have to get changed in that shit hole.
    Dude I haul garbage lol you think I give a fuck about getting my feet/clothes dirty when I'm about to shower after a workout? That's only if I have somewhere to be afterwards too or else I just show up in my gym clothes and swap out my shoes by the lockers down in the lower area. Now we all know you're mr. alpha paycheques and all lol but I could still afford an exec membership if I wanted to, personally I'd rather donate that money to charity than have to need a red carpet and be pampered with warm towels before I hit the gym lol.

And where did I mention I didn't like bro gyms? I mentioned I wasn't sure if I was ready for one. According to your expert opinion on Talisman it looks like I was the whole time, because I fuckin love it there and I've been reaching my goals and meeting new people and that's a great fuckin thing.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 12-12-2014 at 08:30 AM.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Dude, I think you've got a serious problem. Every time someone writes anything you come back with this super offended dick attitude. you bitch about socializers, bench hogs and said you weren't ready for a bro gym, I assumed that meant you weren't a fan of those types of gyms.

I'm glad you're getting gains at the gym because you don't seem to have anything else working out in life and it's obvious why. The reason why you can't get a house, why you couldn't expand your business before or get a girlfriend not too long ago is probably all because of your shitty woe is me attitude.

What you really should do is go into the health section and start a thread looking for a good psychologist to pair with a decent anti-depressant cocktail because you really are a miserable human.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

Originally posted by ddduke
    Dude, I think you've got a serious problem. Every time someone writes anything you come back with this super offended dick attitude. you bitch about socializers, bench hogs and said you weren't ready for a bro gym, I assumed that meant you weren't a fan of those types of gyms.

I'm glad you're getting gains at the gym because you don't seem to have anything else working out in life and it's obvious why. The reason why you can't get a house, why you couldn't expand your business before or get a girlfriend not too long ago is probably all because of your shitty woe is me attitude.

What you really should do is go into the health section and start a thread looking for a good psychologist to pair with a decent anti-depressant cocktail because you really are a miserable human.
    My main reason for even considering another gym was pure and simple distance. Then it dawned on me- people commute much longer to work so I need to just STFU about a 20 minute drive to a great facility.

To clarify, since you know me so well:

1. Can't get a house because of mortgage rules- not because I lack income or credit.

2. Can't expand my business? Perhaps. Don't want to? Definitely not. I prolly make more than you do when you factor in how many hours I actually work without having to talk to 6 people a day, and I like it that way.

3. Had a gf for the past 12 years, we broke up for a bit this summer now it's back on track. That's longer than most people stay married these days. No relationship is perfect.

4. You perceive a "woe is me" attitude when in reality, it's merely making do with what I have and openly flaunting that I DON'T GIVE A FUCK about everything just having to be perfect all the time.

5. Drugs are drugs, prescribed or not I refuse to do any of them except IRON.

Bench hogs and socializers? I guess you'll find that anywhere too. No grass is really greener in the end, right? Except maybe in the executive locker room?

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

Ha
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    blah blah blah

Dude, justify your shit how ever you want. All I'm saying is that you're miserable human. All you do is bitch and complain.

You've commented tons of times about how you're happy when shit goes wrong for other people, most recent one is the whole O&G/housing crash shit. You can't get it, so you're happy when you see other people lose it. Say what you will but IMO you're bitter and jealous of most people.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3