Quantcast
The Right Price Auto (Calgary): Major Malfunction - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Right Price Auto (Calgary): Major Malfunction

HAHA, that email is fucking hilarious. I was trying to be nice, and avoiding filing my official complaints until I knew how things were going to end. That shit is getting submitted this weekend.

Either way, the car was pretty beaten up when we bought it - that's why it cost us a decent cut below book price (and we probably paid too much at that, but what can I say, I'm a mark). It is a pretty disgusting beater on the outside (and there are some smaller issues with the interior) but that doesn't make it OK for it to be sold mechanically unsound.

Though I must say, I'm glad to finally get a reaction - and a RIDICULOUSLY awesome one at that. Good on you Paul.
    Last edited by sizerp; 03-12-2010 at 04:57 PM.

My Ride
    See sig

I wonder if Paul Lock knows John Locke...

1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

My Ride
    See sig

This is actually starting to sound fish on the OP's part. The brake problem and tranny slip could both be caused by someone putting engine oil into the ATF fill and brake fluid reservior, and for them to both start happening after 5 mos of trouble-free driving does sound like the shop could be in the clear...

Not taking sides, but we would need to see proof, such as fluid analysis ($20 or so) showing how much oil had been added, meaning we could determine how much time is required for the symptoms to become noticible.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

We had the car for about five weeks, give or take, before there were major issues. My wife had noticed the brake pedal being a touch stiff probably a week beforehand, but it was not persistant.

The car got driven, on average, probably twenty minutes a day, in two ten minute spurts (my wife drove it back and forth from work).

One way or other, I am not emotionally invested in whether you believe me or him (though id still prefer you on my side)

Edit: also, right price auto already serviced the tranny (I don't think they mentioned oil in the tranny on the paperwork, will check when I get home), so that fluid is gone, and work on the brake system is underway, so that fluid is likely gone already - tests may not be possible (though the guy was waiting on a master to arrive, so it may not have been bled yet)
    Last edited by sizerp; 03-12-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Yeah, the invoice doesn't say anything about oil in the tranny.

Two notes on it:

"Right Price Auto will pay 1/2 cost of tranny service in good faith. Customer is repossible for othe half" (spelling errors theirs)

"It is very evident someone has put motor oil in brake cylinder it is not possible to drive car for a month with oil in brake cylinder. there fore right price not liable"

that is true?

why company speak so bad about customer even if true?

not way to do good business even if customer not best customer. dont call customer on drugs.

Originally posted by omfgcurtis
    Should get interesting soon
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Originally posted by rob the knob
    that is true?

why company speak so bad about customer even if true?

not way to do good business even if customer not best customer. dont call customer on drugs.

None of the accusations in that smear are true.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Call the city news and display this story on there.

After people here what kind of business they run, they will never step foot inside of it.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Originally posted by sizerp
    Yeah, the invoice doesn't say anything about oil in the tranny.

Two notes on it:

"Right Price Auto will pay 1/2 cost of tranny service in good faith. Customer is repossible for othe half" (spelling errors theirs)

"It is very evident someone has put motor oil in brake cylinder it is not possible to drive car for a month with oil in brake cylinder. there fore right price not liable"
    If they are saying there was oil in the brake fluid I would be calling whoever is servicing the brakes now to save that fluid and have it tested....

[url]

Originally posted by bignerd

If they are saying there was oil in the brake fluid I would be calling whoever is servicing the brakes now to save that fluid and have it tested....
    The mechanic will be replacing the master cylinder on Monday - he is setting aside a jar of fluids for me.

I just spoke to him on the phone and the first thing he said was 'its kinda weird, the fluid looks perfectly clean to me ... but then, there could be a contaminant sitting on the bottom'. So, besides seals being denatured, it being 'evident' that there is motor oil in the brake fluid?

Confusing, to say the least.

My Ride
    02' dc5

Obviously if you show up after everything is done there will somehow be oil in the fluid. I would be there while they are doing it so I can see everything.

Oh, I don't trust them to do the work. When they weren't willing to negotiate on pricing I took it to someone I knew I could trust (referral from a good friend) rather than paying into a business that I feel is somewhat questionable.

My Ride
    09 WRX

Now that the guy has pretty much called you a drugee on the internet... can you sue him for slander?
    He did lie that the car was full of pipes and booze or something, making you out to be a drugee... the way it is worded doesn't really seem to be an opinion to me...

I'm not sure it would be slander, if only because someone ELSE posted it online.

Hrm

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Doubtful that would qualify since the OP is not named in the email and the sender gives not way to identify him. All they would say is that it was about someone else and there would be no way for the OP to prove otherwise.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

It's a car dealership in forestlawn... what the fuck else would you expect?
    You don't wanna race me.... you've seen taillights like mine a thousand times!!!!

RIP T.T. Feb 09 2004

AS FOR JERRAMY THAT BOUGHT THE CAR, I HAVE PICS OF WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE WHEN IT WAS UP FOR SALE, 5 WEEKS LATER IT IS TOTALY TRASHED INSIDE AND OUT . IT LOOKS LIKE ONE OF THOSE ABANDONED VEHICLES ONE WOULD SEE AT THE AUCTION, THAT WAS STOLEN BY SOME CRACK HEADS AND LIVED IN FOR A MONTH, OLD FOOD, PIPES FOR DRUGS, STUNK OF BOOZE, SO FULL OF GARBAGE ETC,NO ONE WANTED TO EVEN DRIVE IT THE SHOP, IT WAS THAT GROSS. NOT OT MENTION THAT SOMEONE HAD PUT ENGINE OIL IN EVERY THING, BRAKES, TRANNY YOU NAME IT! THIS GUY EITHER PISSED SOMEONE OFF AND WITH THE AMOUNT OF RETARD EMAILS WE ARE GETTING FROM BOGUS ACC ETC. THAT IS DEFINITELY POSSIBLE, OR THE GUY JUST NEEDS TO LAY OF THE DRUGS.

This guy could not even put the car in his own name as he is not allowed to drive makes a guy wonder why ?

WE HAVE SOLD OVER 800 CARS IN THE PAST 14 MONTHS AND HAVE no issues with people that were not resolved until this guy.

I do appreciate the mild mix of absolute bullshit and non-contextual truth.

OK beyond.ca, I must let you all in on a deep dark secret. I do not drive, by choice.

...and also, my name is Jeremy. I appreciate Paul here laying my personal info out on a public forum while also accusing me of being a drug addict

What a wonderful experience, shopping at the right price auto. Get accused of being a crack head, a drunk driver (or was he tring to imply something else?), getting lied to -to my face- multiple time, getting threatened over the phone, and ultimately taking it in the metaphorical ass.

My Ride
    anything that comes along

I was thinking of buying a car from this place when I was looking, pretty happy I didn't.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by freddy6
    AS FOR JERRAMY THAT BOUGHT THE CAR, I HAVE PICS OF WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE WHEN IT WAS UP FOR SALE, 5 WEEKS LATER IT IS TOTALY TRASHED INSIDE AND OUT . IT LOOKS LIKE ONE OF THOSE ABANDONED VEHICLES ONE WOULD SEE AT THE AUCTION, THAT WAS STOLEN BY SOME CRACK HEADS AND LIVED IN FOR A MONTH, OLD FOOD, PIPES FOR DRUGS, STUNK OF BOOZE, SO FULL OF GARBAGE ETC,NO ONE WANTED TO EVEN DRIVE IT THE SHOP, IT WAS THAT GROSS. NOT OT MENTION THAT SOMEONE HAD PUT ENGINE OIL IN EVERY THING, BRAKES, TRANNY YOU NAME IT! THIS GUY EITHER PISSED SOMEONE OFF AND WITH THE AMOUNT OF RETARD EMAILS WE ARE GETTING FROM BOGUS ACC ETC. THAT IS DEFINITELY POSSIBLE, OR THE GUY JUST NEEDS TO LAY OF THE DRUGS.

This guy could not even put the car in his own name as he is not allowed to drive makes a guy wonder why ?

WE HAVE SOLD OVER 800 CARS IN THE PAST 14 MONTHS AND HAVE no issues with people that were not resolved until this guy.
    Quoted for future legal actions.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast