Quantcast
Problem with dvd player or car - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Problem with dvd player or car

Default Problem with dvd player or car

Hey guys, I have a 1997 328i BMW. I have put a dvd player in it but i get no sound from the speakers, all the wires from the dvd player are connected to the right wires on the car but still no sound . The dvd player turns on and plays cds but wheni open the screen it tells me you can not operate the screen while driving.

In the back of the car the amp is not there. Do I need that amp in the back for it to work and make the speakers work aswell? I have bunch of wires that are cut in the back where the amp is supose to be. Can some one please help thanks.
    Last edited by Jetta-2.0; 03-12-2010 at 08:24 PM.

u should put back the amps..

check ebay..
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/BMW-e36-Convertib...item563a69554c

Originally posted by CHICHARITZHI
    u should put back the amps..

check ebay..
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/BMW-e36-Convertib...item563a69554c
    well i got the car with out the amp.. the car was stolen before so if i get an amp and hook it up it should solve the problem? thanks

there's other way to make your speakers work, disconnect just all the speakers wires from the stereo ( do not include red,oranges,blue and black wires) use after market wires to connect from the stereo goes to the speakers..( i mean rewires all the speakers) no need to buy the amps..

My Ride
    Blue boy

Default Re: Problem with dvd player or car

Originally posted by Jetta-2.0
    Hey guys, I have a 1997 328i BMW. I have put a dvd player in it but i get no sound from the speakers, all the wires from the dvd player are connected to the right wires on the car but still no sound . The dvd player turns on and plays cds but wheni open the screen it tells me you can not operate the screen while driving.

In the back of the car the amp is not there. Do I need that amp in the back for it to work and make the speakers work aswell? I have bunch of wires that are cut in the back where the amp is supose to be. Can some one please help thanks.
    What kind of deck isi t? It should only give you that message when you try to play dvds. But there is a wire you have to hook up to your e-brake or ground it out

Guys i have bought the amp and no go..... i did the subs hook up and the subs worked with sound coming out of them but no go on the speakers... i spend 2 and half hrs connecting the wires to the amp looking at each wire by wire and nothing comes out at the end its a freeggate or some crap dvd player they cell at canadian tire for like 400 $ is there some kinda by pass i have to do?

Default Re: Re: Problem with dvd player or car

Originally posted by G-ZUS

What kind of deck isi t? It should only give you that message when you try to play dvds. But there is a wire you have to hook up to your e-brake or ground it out
    It says that when the screen opens and theres a cd in it not a dvd but it i close the screen the player plays the cd but no sound from the car speakers so i know the deck works

My Ride
    2010 Lincoln MKS

Is there any speakers in the vehicle?
    If you have a multimeter check the impedence of the speakers
    And let us know.

Originally posted by Splkia
    Is there any speakers in the vehicle?
    If you have a multimeter check the impedence of the speakers
    And let us know.
    Yes there are speakers in the car, as for the multimeter I do not have one. I have checked the fuses and they seem ok. There is about 3 wires left in the car where the deck goes in, but the deck doesnt have any wires left to connect to the car, also when i reconnected the wires in the back for the amp i didnt see any wires left out but there is about 3 or 4 wires in the front of the car, they are mostly gray color may be those have something to do with it?
    Last edited by Jetta-2.0; 03-14-2010 at 02:03 AM.

My Ride
    changes every year

it has something to do with the stock amp definitely. save yourself a headache and rewire the speakers individually.

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    it has something to do with the stock amp definitely. save yourself a headache and rewire the speakers individually.
    I bought the amp from the wreckers for 100 bucks. I cant return it because they dont do refunds.

Rewire the speakers individually like conntect them to the deck wire by wire? or from the amp?
    Last edited by Jetta-2.0; 03-14-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Originally posted by Jetta-2.0

I bought the amp from the wreckers for 100 bucks. I cant return it because they dont do refunds.

Rewire the speakers individually like conntect them to the deck wire by wire? or from the amp?

yes wire by wire just the wires for speakers..

So it turns out i didnt need that damn amp waste of 100 bucks.....
    I wired the speakers and the front speakers but i need to wire the tweeters still but it will work for now thanks guys.

My Ride
    2010 WRX Limited

I know your problem.. when I installed my deck in a 97 328 vert.. no sound was coming from the speakers. It is because the factory amp does not turn on when you have an aftermarket deck, therefore you need to tap one of the wires so the amp turns on... can't remember the color, but this is how they solved my issue

Originally posted by .civictyper.
    I know your problem.. when I installed my deck in a 97 328 vert.. no sound was coming from the speakers. It is because the factory amp does not turn on when you have an aftermarket deck, therefore you need to tap one of the wires so the amp turns on... can't remember the color, but this is how they solved my issue
    hehehe not knowing the color wont help me lol. Also I have put soo much time in connecting wires and cutting and cutting my damn hands but yeah, i need to reconnect the tweeters still so that will be tomm or somthing