Quantcast
Bad mileage 2009 civic coupe - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bad mileage 2009 civic coupe

Default Bad mileage 2009 civic coupe

Hey guys my 09 civic coupe automatic is only getting about 440KM to the tank, and this is after i push it on the Low gas light a bit...has about 12,000KM on it...ideas?

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Depends on a few things.
    Have checked air filter? How hard are you driving it? Are you warming the car up a bit before driving it? Cars tend to use more fuel when the weather is colder. If you start driving right away and the engine is still cold, you use more fuel. Even while warming the car up, idling will use up more fuel. How hard are you driving it? Are you doing a lot of stop and go driving? Tire pressures are correct?

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Originally posted by frozenrice
    Depends on a few things.
    Have checked air filter? How hard are you driving it? Are you warming the car up a bit before driving it? Cars tend to use more fuel when the weather is colder. If you start driving right away and the engine is still cold, you use more fuel. Even while warming the car up, idling will use up more fuel. How hard are you driving it? Are you doing a lot of stop and go driving? Tire pressures are correct?
    I'm driving it like a bat out of hell lol, so that may be a problem..I'm actually on winters right now and i'll check inflation today after i fillup..

I'll drive it like a granny this week and report back

My Ride
    GSR

I also have a question and didn't wanna make a new thread. I get about 460km on my 2000 Integra GSR. Is this normal? I don't drive it hard at all.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

My '06 civic commonly got 800kms a tank...

And trieu, if you have decent mileage on the GSR, 450-550km is pretty average. Of course, not so say a tuneup couldn't improve it a bit.

I have an 07 Si, in the summer i get around 400km to a tank.

I have a CAI, but nothing else has been touched.

I feel im on the lower end of the norm
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

lol?!

45 L tank for the newer civics right?

800 a tank? That's pretty careful driving Pollywog..

If you drive it easy and shift at 3k rpm and properly down shift with the foot off the gas while leaving the car in gear you'll be surprised at the fuel mileage

My Ride

Originally posted by Disoblige
    lol?!

45 L tank for the newer civics right?

800 a tank? That's pretty careful driving Pollywog..
    Lol, it's not like I had to drive super-grandma style to get decent milage on it (35-40mpg, less in town). It was great, just a little lx civic w/5speed.

PS: 50L tank.
    Last edited by Pollywog; 03-13-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Originally posted by CivicCoupe09

I'm driving it like a bat out of hell lol, so that may be a problem..I'm actually on winters right now and i'll check inflation today after i fillup..

I'll drive it like a granny this week and report back

are you serious? so you think that you will get good gas mileage when you push your car?

My Ride

I dont know how I missed this but this is the cause of your problem. Quit driving like an asshole, check your pressures, and move along.
    Last edited by Pollywog; 03-13-2010 at 01:21 PM.

My Ride
    Hondas

I drive an 08 civic si and I usually get about 450km when the gas light comes on.

Originally posted by speeed
    I drive an 08 civic si and I usually get about 450km when the gas light comes on.

si's get worse mileage than base models.. roughly 20%

I get about 600km in the city to a 45 litre tank in my 2009 Civic DX-G. Is this normal?

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Default Re: Bad mileage 2009 civic coupe

Hey guys my 09 civic coupe automatic is only getting about 440KM to the tank, and this is after i push it on the Low gas light a bit...has about 12,000KM on it...ideas?
    According to honda.ca an auto coupe has a range of 609 km in the city if you used up every last drop of fuel. Since most people fill up before their car runs out of gas this number will be lower in real life. Also if you drive agressively it will go down even further.

How much gas do you put in typically when you refuel is the better question? Your car is rated for 8.2l/100 kms in city driving so if you put in 40L every time you fill up you should be getting around 490-500kms between fill ups.

Edit: Highway rating is 5.7L/100kms. The more driving you do on Deerfoot or Crowchild for example the better your mileage will be. There is a big difference between City driving on McLeod trail at 4Pm or Deerfoot at 10pm...

Originally posted by Nigel Mansell
    I get about 600km in the city to a 45 litre tank in my 2009 Civic DX-G. Is this normal?
    you can do the calculations yourself. the standard in Canada for gas mileage is L/100km, so you are getting 7.5L/100km (45L / 600km).

if you're a manual, you're just about right, automatic, you're doing a little better than EPA or energuide. keep in mind that their tests consist of a standard route, which may or may not be reflective of how you drive.

My Ride
    92 toyota

Also ive seen where some people think they drive nice and they really dont.

few tips on driver correction .

accelirate slower than the car beside you when the light turns green. follow that buick doing the speed limit instead of roaring passed him.
    keep it below 3k rpms and 2.5k for v8's
    rides

92 Gt-Four ,my black beauty

05 Rav4 , wife made me buy it.

My Ride
    TSX

I don't have a Honda Civic but I have a 2007 Honda Accord 4 cylinder. My gas mileage is currently averaging 10.2 L/100km, when I first bought the car I was getting around 8.7 L/100km. I drive pretty much the same and am wondering if a fuel system cleaning is really necessary for a newer vehicle w/ only 42,000 kms?

Originally posted by Speed_69
    I don't have a Honda Civic but I have a 2007 Honda Accord 4 cylinder. My gas mileage is currently averaging 10.2 L/100km, when I first bought the car I was getting around 8.7 L/100km. I drive pretty much the same and am wondering if a fuel system cleaning is really necessary for a newer vehicle w/ only 42,000 kms?

42000 is plenty of time for a car to build up crap in all of its systems..

i would do a seafoam, check the tires, replace your air filter. also if you're using a heavier weight oil it will affect your gas mileage as well.

Default Re: Re: Bad mileage 2009 civic coupe

Originally posted by Aleks

According to honda.ca an auto coupe has a range of 609 km in the city if you used up every last drop of fuel. Since most people fill up before their car runs out of gas this number will be lower in real life. Also if you drive agressively it will go down even further.

How much gas do you put in typically when you refuel is the better question? Your car is rated for 8.2l/100 kms in city driving so if you put in 40L every time you fill up you should be getting around 490-500kms between fill ups.

Edit: Highway rating is 5.7L/100kms. The more driving you do on Deerfoot or Crowchild for example the better your mileage will be. There is a big difference between City driving on McLeod trail at 4Pm or Deerfoot at 10pm...
    i Fill it up, cost about 40 bucks rate is 93 c a litre so about 36L or so? I'm driving it like a grandma right now just to see what happens ill report back in 1-2 weeks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast