Quantcast
Cannabis Cup Amsterdam - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Cannabis Cup Amsterdam

My Ride
    04 EP3'

Default Cannabis Cup Amsterdam

I hope this thread doesn't get pulled but just wondering, if anyone has ever been to the cannabis cup in amsterdam?
    If so, just a question for you. The judge pass u buy, does that mean unlimited weed smoking? Event is in November so still plenty of time to plan.

http://hightimes.com/public/cancup/

My Ride
    '97 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Taken from the website FAQ.

10. What does the judges' pass entitled me to?

The judges pass includes admission to all ceremonies, concerts, seminars and the expo for five days, an event t-shirt and program guide, free bus tours to and from the expo, and the right to vote.

So no, doesn't look like it.
    Some people are funny. They spend money they don't have, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't like.

My Ride
    Silverado

iirc you get like 1.5-3 grams a weed a day, a half gram from each contestant.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

One thing you should remember, this is the best weed in the entire world (10x better than anything in Cgy). If you can even manage to smoke 3 grams of it in an entire day, i would be impressed.

When I went to Amsterdam i had grand plans to try every strain I could, and smoke tonnes and tonnes of weed. Well the first stuff i bought (NYCdiesel) we rolled 1.3gs into a joint and split among 5 people, I was so stoned I could barely move for 2 hrs and certainly didn't even think about smoking again for 4-5 hrs.

If i were you I would skip the Cannabis Cup and just go buy stuff from coffee shops. The CC sounds pretty expensive and even if it was all-you-can-smoke, unless you have an extremely high tolerance you won't even be close to getting your moneys worth.

Yah the Weed there is super strong.. When me and my buddy went , we had Cannabis of the year and bubblegum.. Knocked us both out for hoursss.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Originally posted by JAYMEZ
    Yah the Weed there is super strong.. When me and my buddy went , we had Cannabis of the year and bubblegum.. Knocked us both out for hoursss.

I like learning from others experiences!

Hmmm... I've actually heard the opposite (that a really good BC kush strain for example would kill anything you can buy in Amsterdam)

Although it does make sense that there would be killer stuff in the cannabis cup.

man i am so excited to go to amsterdam next year, ive never smoked but i think amsterdam is going to be my deflowering
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Originally posted by a social dsease
    One thing you should remember, this is the best weed in the entire world (10x better than anything in Cgy).
    Lol, you may not have the best hookups then. It's consistently better and good stuff is more widely available but certain strains I've tried here are very comparable to ones in Amsterdam. Having said that, I have had some really delicious (and super strong) weed there.

Had to quit weed (drug testing) so I figured I'd quit in Amsterdam on September 15th of last year. Took the train to Amsterdam early in the morning. Once there, I turned right out of the train station and found this sweet cheese shop by accident.

Let me tell you, if you're a fan of cheese, you NEED to go to these Dutch cheese shops. There were over 50 kinds of Gouda and over 200 types of cheese. I was in heaven, I ended up ordering a massive slice of cheese with a fresh croissant. I figured id start the day off right so I ate the croissant and cheese at a coffeeshop and finished the meal with a delcious spacecake dessert.

It happens to me every time I eat weed, I ALWAYS get impatient. After about 45 minutes I had gotten a little high and then it tailed off. I figured they'd screwed me on the cake so I headed to a coffeeshop to smoke the joint I had rolled that morning. As I lit it and took the first hit, the spacecake hit me like a sack of bricks. I don't like hitting roaches, no matter how big they are, so I proceeded to finish the joint.

The high lasted SIX hours (and I had a high tolerance at that point). Fucked out of my mind for 6 hours just walking around, then went back to my buddy's place. He cooked a wicked dinner and we smoked some more.

It was a great way to finish/pause a chapter in my life, I would highly recommend Amsterdam to anyone.

Originally posted by chkolny541
    man i am so excited to go to amsterdam next year, ive never smoked but i think amsterdam is going to be my deflowering
    Hooo boy, you're going to be floored (literally). Enjoy it though, make sure to try the "space cakes"!

I've been to Amsterdam three times and every time I go to this cafe:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&saf...A&z=16&iwloc=A

Get the regular gouda sandwich. It's a fat piece of rye, olive oil, gouda, tomato, and basil. Unbelievably good. The cafe (not a coffeeshop) rocks too!

My Ride
    93 integra

I'd be in heaven. I'm sure me and my gf will end up there at some point in our lives.

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Where's a good place to stay in amsterdam? Im thinking about hitting up the cannabis cup this year..

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

The IHA or whatever (big international hostel chain) has a nice place there with a large bar attached. Dutch women are awesome, and as mentioned, the cheese is great. If you're going there to smoke, the Flying Pig may be more up your alley.

My Ride
    89 Ram, 05 Pursuit, 05 Honda Civic SI, 98 Cavalier

^^ I was gonna say find a hostel to stay there ... my family and I all went a few years back ... I was too young at the time to go out on my own or with my bro and his friends so I was stuck with the 'rents ... but my bro actually backpacked all over europe and stayed in nothing but hostels.
    I get it lucky... I've got so much family around the Netherlands I can pick and choose where I wanna stay free of charge with free food LOL

As far as the smoke ... you can go anywhere. My dad actually found a nice hash shop in Oss that he frequented regularly while out there ... and stumbled his ass back afterwards
    Otherwise hunt around for the coffee shops and head shops. I remember going to one head shop right in Amsterdam, and I walked out baked outta my skull they had the shop so damn hot-boxed.

Don't bother with the Cannabis Cup ... its more hype than its worth, and yes from what I have heard you cannot keep up with the locals... the grass is not necessarily the best but its all different strains out there ...
    The best rules to form a young man are: to talk little, to hear much, to reflect alone upon what has passed in company, to distrust one's own opinions, and value others that deserve it.
    Sir William Temple