Quantcast
WestJet CEO resigns - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WestJet CEO resigns

Default WestJet CEO resigns

What do you guys think this means for WestJets future? And their 'culture'. Usually when a CEO resigns to "spend more time with family" there is more to the story...

Not everyone lives to work.

Perhaps he just wants to kick back.

My Ride
    Ef

The CEO of Westjet is probably the most down to earth "rich" guy you'll ever meet. He'd come into my work wearing just jeans and a polo. If you walked by him you wouldn't even know he was the CEO of Westjet. One of the best really It's people like him that make me miss the industry a lot.

But yeah, maybe there is more to the story. Who knows best of luck to him, great guy.

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

edit
    Last edited by Nismorphed; 03-15-2010 at 09:42 PM.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Rumor has it he was actually fired but that's all hearsay. For those of you who travel quite a bit you may have noticed how West Jet has gone down hill over the years. Old planes, reduced levels of customer service, major cost cutting. The CEO prior to this one had his act together, this one did not and the culture of the company totally changed when he came in, again from what I heard. Looking forward to seeing what the new CEO can do with the company.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

westjet directors all male. maybe you mean your dad.

http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/abou...irectors.shtml

Originally posted by Nismorphed
    My mom is a director with westjet. I asked her what the deal was, she said his wife has been having health issues for the past 3-4 years and he has two young children. So unless the majority of the company is in the dark or there is some crazy story, It sounds like a super legit reason and that he is telling the truth!

WestJet has old planes? That's why they are noted as having the most modern fleet in North America?

Companies grow & evolve... of course it's not going to be the same happy-go-lucky airline it was 10+ years ago... things change.

It's still one of Canada's most desirable places to work too. Durfy was highly regarded at WestJet and handled the reigns well.

Originally posted by Nismorphed
    My mom is a director with westjet. I asked her what the deal was, she said his wife has been having health issues for the past 3-4 years and he has two young children. So unless the majority of the company is in the dark or there is some crazy story, It sounds like a super legit reason and that he is telling the truth!
    Originally posted by rob the knob

Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    L-Tuned

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Rumor has it he was actually fired but that's all hearsay. For those of you who travel quite a bit you may have noticed how West Jet has gone down hill over the years. Old planes, reduced levels of customer service, major cost cutting. The CEO prior to this one had his act together, this one did not and the culture of the company totally changed when he came in, again from what I heard. Looking forward to seeing what the new CEO can do with the company.
    I travel a lot, and to be honest, I never really noticed a huge difference between Clive and Sean. Sean focused a lot on expanding Westjet's reach, and that rapid expansion likely had a negative impact on the quality of service. But the most pressing issues that I bet the board is not happy with are the delays over the online/telephone booking systems and code-sharing agreements with other airlines.

edit: I was on a flight with Durfy on a flight to NJ once. After we had landed, he was helping the flight attendants clean-up and groom the plane. IMO, That speaks a lot about his character.
    Last edited by Altezza; 03-15-2010 at 09:41 PM.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

I have to fly back to Calgary tomorrow. I wish i was on on of their "OLD" planes. Delta FTL.

Yea they have one of the newest fleets in the industry if not the newest for a major airline. I've met Durfy, great guy, but I feel there is just more to it... Who knows...

Stock dropped 13 cents today wondering what kind of effect this will have on the price inthe coming weeks...

Originally posted by rob the knob

Board of Directors != director position
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    MDX

I've worked for Beddoe, Durfy and Saretsky with WestJet Vacations. I see no difference between Sean and Gregg myself on a personal level. Hell if anything, Gregg is far more qualified to take WestJet towards their goals.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Altezza

I travel a lot, and to be honest, I never really noticed a huge difference between Clive and Sean. Sean focused a lot on expanding Westjet's reach, and that rapid expansion likely had a negative impact on the quality of service. But the most pressing issues that I bet the board is not happy with are the delays over the online/telephone booking systems and code-sharing agreements with other airlines.

edit: I was on a flight with Durfy on a flight to NJ once. After we had landed, he was helping the flight attendants clean-up and groom the plane. IMO, That speaks a lot about his character.
    He was cleaning up the plane because West-Jet employees are asked to help no matter what position you hold, also family members flying for cheap.

My dad is one of the managers for the booking/rewards project and sometime I don't see him for days because of how many bugs and problems there still are to work out.

My Ride
    72 Virgins

Originally posted by Spoons
    I can't even count the amount of times I took a pill with meth, heroine, speed, you name it laced with it. You gotta be careful.

My Ride

Originally posted by G-Suede

Anything more to say or do you express yourself with the use of cartoons? As I stated what I've heard is hearsay, I don't work for WJ nor have I ever.
    Last edited by Redlyne_mr2; 03-15-2010 at 11:12 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by masoncgy
    WestJet has old planes? That's why they are noted as having the most modern fleet in North America?

Companies grow & evolve... of course it's not going to be the same happy-go-lucky airline it was 10+ years ago... things change.

It's still one of Canada's most desirable places to work too. Durfy was highly regarded at WestJet and handled the reigns well.
    Compared to AC, Euro and Asian airlines yes, compared to US airlines no.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
    I have to fly back to Calgary tomorrow. I wish i was on on of their "OLD" planes. Delta FTL.
    Yah exactly....I flew US airways last week, shit planes, nowhere near what we get with Westjet/AC around here.....
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-05-2020 at 01:02 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Compared to AC, Euro and Asian airlines yes, compared to US airlines no.
    I think Delta and United have the oldest shit in NA. WJ stuff isn't brand new by any means. I agree. Just updated insides.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast