Quantcast
Noise Reduction + Lightroom 2 issue - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Noise Reduction + Lightroom 2 issue

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Default Noise Reduction + Lightroom 2 issue

1) What are you guys using for noise reduction? I figured CS4 would be able to handle the noise but it doesn't seem to be doing much. It's been kind of a frustrating process actually. I turned off noise reduction on camera because I had read so many people didn't like the smooth and color deterioration it produced. Foolishly I listened thinking I could tinker with it in CS. Well now it's there and it's still noisy as hell.

I'm actually surprised and disappointed with the D300s. I figured I could get ~2000 ISO out of it with fairly low levels of noise. Looking back now, I'm not entirely sure why I opted for f/2.5 instead of f/1.8 lol. Here is the best I've gotten so far...

2) Lightroom hates D300s NEFs. I tried to open it and it says the file is unsupported or damaged. Is there a plug-in or something for the new Nikons? I never did, and still don't, have an issue with my D70 NEF files.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

1. That shot isn't overly noisy. People have gotten really caught up in this noise thing, and I can tell you for sure that short of having your face 2 inches from the screen, or viewing all the files at 100% that file would pass inspection by 99.99999% of people

That being said, if it's really something that you're concerned about give noise ninja a shot. It's pretty damn good.

2. Yes, Adobe releases updates all the time, if you haven't updated lightroom to the latest version(2.6) try that.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.