Quantcast
Replica Louis Vuitton - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Replica Louis Vuitton

considering the LV trend will be gone in a year or 2... this might not be a bad buy for those you who have a vanity problem.

Originally posted by sputnik
    considering the LV trend will be gone in a year or 2... this might not be a bad buy for those you who have a vanity problem.
    I'm not so sure about that...considering that the house has been around for over 100 years.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

ha ha .. I don't agree .. I still have my wallet and luggage bags, and I got them 13 yrs ago (of course won't use it nowaday).... I was thinking that way too .. but .. they are somehow still probaby in Canada ! (oops.. yes .. Canadian is like 10 yr behind the rest of the world... )
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

hehe not sure where youre getting your info. as Rsexy said its been around since forever. LV is almost like an investement, no matter how old the design is the value always remains the same and usually even goes up. As long as its real its worth its weight in gold..thanks for clearing all this up itnostadub, a year ago a wouldnt be able to tell the difference between real and fake, my mind has since been conditioned by my gf...i think the worst thing I could ever do to her is buy her a fake

My Ride
    2Look slk

LV has been around since the 1800's and it has only expanded since then. They've added many successful lines to their collection such as epi, mini monogram, vernis, suhali, and satin. In addition they've been successful commissioning Marc Jacobs to design their clothing line. They signed a contract with Jennifer Lopez as their spokesperson. They've introduced their new jewlerry line and they will continue to be popular. LV is not a trend. The majority of their bags are very classical with some styles more than 50 years old. That's why they only go up in price and never down. It is also not a trend because LV cares about quality...unlike Gucci and Prada which simply charge hundreds of dollars for cheap nylon crap.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

when it comes to brands in women's clothing....there is no such thing as a trend, they will always, ALWAYS want more of it.

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

a fake ones still like 200ish, i mean an LV handbag with the classic momogram print isnt that much

i just got my wife the bucket for xmas,,,,,,,,if she found out it was a fake,,she would kick my ass....she would rather have real or nothing.....(LV anyways)
    Last edited by 04blackMAX; 12-03-2003 at 11:55 PM.

My Ride
    2Look slk

Yeah a few years ago I thought the purses were insanely priced (I still do). Whenever I saw people with them I thought it must be fake cause cause who in their right mind would buy the real when the fake looks the same.

In high school all I bought was fake stuff but then it disintegrated and fell apart on me. I thought to myself...who was I trying to kid? So I got an LV catalogue and saved up to buy the cheapest purse on there which was a lot to me ($200).

Then since I bought that first one...it's the same as the modding bug for guys...you can never get enough. Some people argue its only for status and that is true for me a couple of years ago...but now I'm at the point where I buy it simply b/c I like it and appreciate the quality. I've tried other designers but they simply don't last daily use and beating.

My Ride
    1990 300ZX GS body w/ 1993 JDM VG30DETT front clip

tru, a lotta fake stuff will go bad on u
    mine however will not , lol k im done shamelessly promoting myself and my product, carry on...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Some LV lines are a trend, such as the multicolor line (murakami, the white with rainbow colored logos). Those are good for a season, by next year they're gonna be old news. The monogram canvas pretty much a classic, been around forever. Definately not a trend.

The biggest problem with owning an LV bag is that everyone has one (mostly fakes). There are so many fakes and stories of how to tell if a bag is fake, that most ppl have no clue what's real. In fact, today, some stranger went up to my wife at the mall and told her that her Monogram Mini Looping was a fake. He claims all LV bags have gold hardware on the strap etc. One look on the LV website and you can see that's not the case.

The other night at dinner, the table next to us was discussing her Multicolore Pochette. They said it's probably a fake, but if it was real, probably a bad quality one rejected by LV and sold as wholesale (this doesn't exist, it's a lie created by the replicas). Another good story the replica guys use, is that they get ppl that work at the LV factories to make "extras" and sneak them out. Again, that does not exist.

Honestly, I don't think it's terrible owning a fake, cuz I mean nobody can tell (except girlracer haha). OK maybe me too lol. But I'd never buy a fake for the wife... she'd kick my ass for being a cheap bastard!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by girlRACER
    ...unlike Gucci and Prada which simply charge hundreds of dollars for cheap nylon crap.
    Doesn't LV use "plasticized cloth" on their Monogram series?

Btw, this one is real.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    2Look slk

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Doesn't LV use "plasticized cloth" on their Monogram series?

Btw, this one is real.
    It's treated canvas hence the name "Monogram Canvas."
    Its waterproof and yet versatile. Gradually over time it absorbs the oil from your skin and changes color. The material can take a good beating! And the hardware and stitching is immaculate.

Prada uses a very cheap lightweight nylon for their classic line. It gets dirty easily and the straps are sewn on very cheaply. Nothing special about the quality.

Gucci uses canvas as well but it is not treated so it gets dirty easily as well. It doesn't last as long and Gucci bags fall apart.
    Last edited by girlRACER; 12-04-2003 at 02:01 AM.

My Ride
    2Look slk

Originally posted by rage2

The other night at dinner, the table next to us was discussing her Multicolore Pochette. They said it's probably a fake, but if it was real, probably a bad quality one rejected by LV and sold as wholesale (this doesn't exist, it's a lie created by the replicas).
    The often only real way for other people to tell is if they actually have a real one otherwise it just looks the same.

The easiest way to tell though is that fake ones have 7 colors....thus the bag stands out like the 7 colors of the rainbow...very flashy and bright. The real one has 33 colors...so the colors are blended and subtled. But that is nothing you don't know already Rage

Originally posted by girlRACER

It's treated canvas hence the name "Monogram Canvas."
    Its waterproof and yet versatile. Gradually over time it absorbs the oil from your skin and changes color. The material can take a good beating! And the hardware and stitching is immaculate.
    Thanks for the clarification. I bought a "Grade A" copy in Shenzhen earlier this year and I couldn't tell if from a real one. Mind you, they don't provide real ones for comparison! I suppose the fakes won't age as well as an authentic one and will probably fall apart sooner too.

My Ride
    2Look slk

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Thanks for the clarification. I bought a "Grade A" copy in Shenzhen earlier this year and I couldn't tell if from a real one. Mind you, they don't provide real ones for comparison! I suppose the fakes won't age as well as an authentic one and will probably fall apart sooner too.
    I agree....those Grade 'A' ones are making it more and more difficult to tell...especially wallets. Thus, many people are getting scammed on ebay. It's ironic cause fake ones actually use real leather versus the canvas

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Originally posted by RSeXy

I'm not so sure about that...considering that the house has been around for over 100 years.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

He he .. Somehow .. I am still not a big fan for L.V. however, everybody has some L.V. stuffs .... so do I !

Somehow, I like Prada stuff more, especially their men suit !
    damn nice !

We all like Gimmick !
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

I was more referring to the rainbow LV bags all over the place. The classic brown/gold will be around for a while. I have an LV garment bag that my aunt won from Holt when she worked there. I admit the quality is really nice. But I dont like looking like some richie-rich-trust-fund-kid.

However, you must admit that the popularity among 20-something women has picked up recently. Does every girl really want to be like the likes of Paris Hilton?

Saw a funny thing at the hockey game the other day. A woman pulls a quarter out of her LV bag and tosses it in the saxaphone-guys case and says "Merry Christmas"
    Last edited by sputnik; 12-04-2003 at 01:55 PM.

Saw a funny thing at the hockey game the other day. A woman pulls a quarter out of her LV bag and tosses it in the saxaphone-guys case and says "Merry Christmas"
    thats all she could afford to put in the bag.

Default Prada

I want to buy a new purse but I'm not sure which one to buy. I'm looking at a new Prada bag because that's what my man got me last time--but that much for a nylon bag? Some LV and Gucci bags are really cute but with so many fakes going around, is it really worth the money? How long do Prada's nylon bags last anyway?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast