Quantcast
Breaking Bad Discussion - Page 37 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Discussion

My Ride

For sure one of the best shows yet!

Another thing I liked about the finale was that almost every character from seasons past was included in it (even a quick clip of Hank), kind of like a final goodbye to everyone. Great use of skinny Pete and Badger in the scene with the greyMatter couple.

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by Tram Common

This.

I was hoping they'd be on the loosing side of that battle in the desert and that we'd get to see more of Declan and his gang from Phoenix.

Also not a fan of how everything played to Walt's favour throughout this entire episode...

... "Oh!!, Walt's here, common' every single gang member, let's all go in this little room together... no, not you, Bill, you just hang out perfectly in-front of the building directly in the line of fire... don't go lean on the car or anything."

Well for what it's worth, nobody's ever accused white supremacists of being smart, plus not many people are gonna be suspecting a robot-controlled M60 in the trunk of the car of an old, feeble, broken, dying man.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by anarchy

I don't watch a lot of shows from start to finish but this was the perfect ending to the best show I've personally ever watched.
    +1. It's probably the ONLY show in which I've ever watched every single episode.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Haha I guess Saul had the right idea from the very beginning

My Ride
    CBR 929

[url]

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

That's crazy...it was all a dream

My Ride
    Busa

The dream theory is kind of debunked.

Coles notes:

1. It was way too subtle to be the intended interpretation of the finale.
    2. Walt had no knowledge of many events that played out in the dream, such as Jesse even being alive.
    3. If it actually was a dream sequence, why not reveal it as such at the end? It would've made for a fantastic twist, and a great final reveal.

Originally posted by eiysa101

Also what was the meaning of him leaving that watch on the pay phone?
    I just remembered this point for some reason this morning.

This was explained on the final "Talking Bad" episode.

When they shot the scene of Walt making the "52" with his bacon and eggs on his birthday, it was done in another season, and they forgot that he wasn't wearing the watch. They used it for the final episode, and then realized, "uh ohhh...no watch". So they had to write in how he got rid of the watch. I thought there was going to be a much higher significance of that scene.

My Ride
    Lexus IS

^^^

Exactly! But also, for me, it heightened his resolve for vengeance against Jesse. Because wasn't that Jesse's gift to him when he turned 51?

He probably needed the watch throughout his 'exile' in snowy New Hampshire. But when he got back in New Mexico, got word that blue meth is still around and suspected it was Pinkman, he then resolved to kill him along with the Neo Nazis he suspected Jesse partnered up with.

Only when he saw Jesse's sorry state did he decide to save him from his automated M60.
    Last edited by randedge; 10-05-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 02:12 AM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 01:21 AM.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Real life Walter White jailed - and like his Breaking Bad namesake it's for selling crystal meth

A drug dealer with the same name - and beard - as Breaking Bad anti-hero Walter White has been jailed for meth dealing

Breaking Bad's Walter White is one of the most iconic TV characters of the decade. Acid baths, meth cooking and warning "I am the one who knocks" have entered modern folklore.

But there's also a real life Walter White who not only has the same name as the drug kingpin but also deals the same gear - the deadly crystal meth.

And the real life drug dealer has just been jailed for his crimes.

White, 53 from Montana was caught dealing methamphetamine to Nebraska oil field workers.

Four ounces of meth, two guns and more than £9,000 in cash were found by police in White's house.

He was jailed for nine years for drug dealing but then the sentence was increased by three years when the guns were found.

Unlike Bryan Cranston's character, White did not cook the meth himself, the man who did Tomas Alvarado was also jailed for 30 years.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...jailed-2948915

Being careful to avoid spoilers in this thread, I just started watching this show a few weeks ago on Netflix.

Wow... amazing.

I just started Season 4.

In the beginning it took me two or three episodes to get hooked, and then its had me ever since.

BTW, a couple questions for series veterans:

- What was the deal with the little shrine with Walt's photo in mexico with all the people crawling on their hands and knees? (I think that was in the premiere of season 3). It was never explained, and only seen partially again later in season 3 during a flashback of the two cousins when they killed the cop at the house/shack.

- What was the reason Gus did what he did to Victor (in season 4 premiere)? Was it because he was seen (by bystanders) at Gale's appartment? Or just to prove some point to Walt (like... even loyalty only goes so far and doesn't guarantee anything)? The point of that action wasn't quite clear.
    Last edited by Inzane; 03-24-2014 at 12:05 PM.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

It was the Heisenberg shrine - the white man that was stealing the cartels meth business

Originally posted by eglove
    It was the Heisenberg shrine - the white man that was stealing the cartels meth business
    Ok I get it now. I didn't catch the reference to the deity of death in there (I had to google it), so i was confused why it seemed like they were worshipping the shrine. It didn't make sense that these people would be worshipping Heisenberg.

I also now get the connection to the scythe they drew on the ground in chalk. (Besides the obvious common symbology for death, that it directly relates to the image of Santa Muerte.

My Ride
    Silverado

Just finished the series for the first time. Honestly one of the best shows I have seen. Can't believe it took me this long to watch it.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 LastLast