Quantcast
Getting into a bar? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Getting into a bar?

My Ride
    2004 DSG Mustang GT

Originally posted by JordanAndrew

pics or it's all a lie
    Well, I guess it is a lie for you then. But I respect my friends, especially ones I have known for a long time and are close to. No pics

Besides, who cares if you believe me? :P

My Ride
    01 Nissan Xterra

pics or it's all a lie

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

Originally posted by exodus989

Well, I guess it is a lie for you then. But I respect my friends, especially ones I have known for a long time and are close to. No pics

Besides, who cares if you believe me? :P
    Apparently you care enough to brag that you have a friend who is a girl, hot and a virgin. I could care less if you don't care, I'm just doing the normal beyond question which actually goes 'Pics or it didn't happen."

My Ride
    2004 DSG Mustang GT

Apparently you care enough to brag that you have a friend who is a girl, hot and a virgin. I could care less if you don't care, I'm just doing the normal beyond question which actually goes 'Pics or it didn't happen."

I'm not the one that started it, but sure. If we want, i got no problem having all those posts deleted, and I have posted pics to prove a point before too. But eh, moving on!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Default Re: Re: Re: Getting into a bar?

In California, you have to have a california, or military ID to buy alcohol. Out of state ID's aren't usable here for alcohol.
    I've used my ID plenty of times in San Diego and LA with no problem before. HOWEVER, a friend from New Brunswick had hers taken away in San Diego because they thought it was fake.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Default Re: Re: Re: Getting into a bar?

In California, you have to have a california, or military ID to buy alcohol. Out of state ID's aren't usable here for alcohol.
    k well this is a huge bucket of BS. do you have any idea how much revenue would be lost if this was actually true? tourism is HUGE there, and you're telling us that every dad that gets dragged along to disneyland is unable to have a few cold ones at the end of the day?

My Ride
    2004 DSG Mustang GT

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting into a bar?

Originally posted by CMW403

k well this is a huge bucket of BS. do you have any idea how much revenue would be lost if this was actually true? tourism is HUGE there, and you're telling us that every dad that gets dragged along to disneyland is unable to have a few cold ones at the end of the day?
    Take a look at the post above yours, It is a bucket of BS. But in many major retailers like Albertsons, Vons, etc, they don't accept them. Possibly for bars and the like MAYBE. But yeah... It is retarded. But remember, it's California!

My Ride
    '89 Pathfinder, '92 Camry

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting into a bar?

Take a look at the post above yours, It is a bucket of BS. But in many major retailers like Albertsons, Vons, etc, they don't accept them. Possibly for bars and the like MAYBE. But yeah... It is retarded. But remember, it's California!
    More so the shit towns and such than for example Anaheim/L.A., San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose(ie. I'm from Fairfield, raised in Vallejo for years). Most smaller-time stores and bars don't really pay attention to outsiders IDs because all they ever see is California IDs.... that's really the only type of bars or stores I've been to. I'm sure in the bigger cities they let passports, and other countries IDs through.

My Ride
    G6

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting into a bar?

Originally posted by darkrider911

They have some fucked up laws in the US.... I'm originally from California and when I go back to visit they check my ID for cigarettes or liquor and call it a fake.
    I'm sure they'd take a passport.

My Ride
    '89 Pathfinder, '92 Camry

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting into a bar?

Originally posted by Feruk

I'm sure they'd take a passport.
    Some places have yes, but I was referencing to my ID. I guess I should also mention I look 16.... so that makes it real tough. haha

My Ride
    94 ST205 / 88 ED8

Some bouncers / waitresses might not take your Cali DL if they haven't seen them before. I used to have issues on occasion getting into bars in Vancouver with my Texas DL.

Passport will always work though. Just be careful with it, because if you lose it, you're going to have a hell of a time getting back across the border.
    Texas Nick

My Ride
    2004 DSG Mustang GT

Originally posted by texasnick
    Some bouncers / waitresses might not take your Cali DL if they haven't seen them before. I used to have issues on occasion getting into bars in Vancouver with my Texas DL.

Passport will always work though. Just be careful with it, because if you lose it, you're going to have a hell of a time getting back across the border.
    I'm gonna get the card to keep in my wallet, and i'm also gonna make copies of all my cards to keep in my hotel or wherever im staying just in case. I'm sure the passports have #'s on them where they can pull them up at the border to verify the authenticity.

My Ride
    94 ST205 / 88 ED8

I'm gonna get the card to keep in my wallet, and i'm also gonna make copies of all my cards to keep in my hotel or wherever im staying just in case. I'm sure the passports have #'s on them where they can pull them up at the border to verify the authenticity.
    that should be more than enough. Just look at them like they're retarded if they give you any trouble, or move on to the next bar LOL
    Texas Nick

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

She's a virgin, and she's never been kissed (; And she's hot.
    Is she a religious prude too?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I was at a bar in Manhattan Beach/Hermosa Beach just outside of Santa Monica this past weekend and 2 places gave me a hard time about getting in. I just flat out said to the one guy "This is a Passport, you cant deny me access on that alone." After a tense 30 seconds the guy was like "Yeah, you're right" and I got my drink on. Fuck, it's not like I'm some young punk. There were signs at a lot of places that said "No Out of State ID's" I guess if you're a gangbanger and look like a chump it might matter.
    Travel

My Ride
    95 240SX

bring your passport and your ID, safest bet whenever your travelling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2