Quantcast
Putting a lien on shares - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Putting a lien on shares

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Default I think i'am siht out of luck!!!

Can i put a lean against my shares??Or i'am i totally screwed over and lost 30G.

Here is the email i got.

March 18, 2010

Dear Member

Over the past eight to twelve months rumors have circulated via the internet and other sources as to the state of Chateau World Resort/Banff Gate Mountain Lodge & Spa. Foreclosure, bankruptcy, RCI freeze and disaffiliation, loss of units and the land they occupy, etc; unfortunately we have found out that those rumors are all true.

As fellow investors in the program and serving all of you for many years in the member services department, we have devised a plan to regain control of the buildings, the land and save your investment.

You, the member will have 100% control. You, the member will create your own club which will not include the former developer or controller of Chateau World, Royal Club International, Royal Crown Resorts, Properties International or Global Resort Management.

For more information please respond to this email with a telephone number and best time to call you.

Regards

Helen & Annette

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

no, you can not "lean" against your shares, well, i suppose you could put them against the wall, and then lean on them...

As far as putting a lien on your investment, if it is in stocks, or whatever, i would talk with your broker first. who sent you the email? who is Helen and Annette? with the wording, it screams scam. might be a phishing email.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Originally posted by spikers
    no, you can not "lean" against your shares, well, i suppose you could put them against the wall, and then lean on them...

As far as putting a lien on your investment, if it is in stocks, or whatever, i would talk with your broker first. who sent you the email? who is Helen and Annette? with the wording, it screams scam. might be a phishing email.
    I've known them for about 8 years they manage the resort and
    are shareholders as well.I'll be speaking to them today on a conference call with 2 of my friends who also have a vested interest.

My Ride
    G37X Coupe

I might of read it in Investing 101, if you buy a companies shares and it kicks the bucket, you just lost your entire investment. Since you mentioned/appears that your a private investor, the best outlook you can expect is the start up of a new resort with the previous management, although I'd say that's optimistic thinking.
    Pretty assholish of me to say this, however I have no idea why you invested in this or anything for that matter, if you're not aware that your money is at stake.
    Never gamble with anything you're not willing to lose

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Originally posted by blainer
    I might of read it in Investing 101, if you buy a companies shares and it kicks the bucket, you just lost your entire investment. Since you mentioned/appears that your a private investor, the best outlook you can expect is the start up of a new resort with the previous management, although I'd say that's optimistic thinking.
    Pretty assholish of me to say this, however I have no idea why you invested in this or anything for that matter, if you're not aware that your money is at stake.
    Never gamble with anything you're not willing to lose
    It's not that i'am going to be financially ruined it was just kick in the nuts.I figured Canmore would've been a good investment.
    I should've cashed in 2 years ago when it doubled.Oh well.