Quantcast
Owners and fans of RHD imports and KEI in Quebec need your supports! SIGN PETITIONS! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners and fans of RHD imports and KEI in Quebec need your supports! SIGN PETITIONS!

Default Owners and fans of RHD imports and KEI in Quebec need your supports! SIGN PETITIONS!

Please, support the owners of right hand drive vehicles and KEI in Quebec by signing 2 online petitions!
    These petitions are official and each will be read at the National Assembly of Québec on 15 April 2010, just a week before the minister of Transports of Quebec will take her final decision.

Petition 1: The access to public roads of vehicles equipped with right hand drive in Quebec, Canada

WHEREAS that access to public roads being forbidden in Quebec since April 29, 2009, for the majority of vehicles equipped with right hand drive, with the exception of 2500 vehicles registered before that date;

WHEREAS that this action is not one of the recommendations of the Quebec road safety committee (Table québécoise de la sécurité routière);

WHEREAS that European countries, Japan, the United States and Canadian provinces (except Quebec) have never deemed it necessary to prohibit the usage of vehicles equipped with a driving side opposite to their national standard;

WHEREAS that many new models, having the steering wheel on the left, are sold in Japan and in United Kingdom and that, despite the mixture of two driving positions, this does not affect their overall road safety;

WHEREAS that the recent SAAQ study does not take into account all the facts, and consequently, the accuracy of its conclusions are doubtful;

WHEREAS that the two government decrees, introduced without warning, have resulted in considerable financial harm to owners and importers of these kinds of vehicles;

We, the signers of this petition, are requesting the National Assembly of Québec to put pressure on the government to not place restrictions on imported vehicle, 15 years and older, equipped with right hand drive, and are requesting to take the time to examine any changes of this nature within the framework of a parliamentary committee.

Petition 2: The access to public roads of KEI ("light vehicles") in Quebec, Canada

WHEREAS, pursuant to Ministerial Decree 2009-15 of October 22, 2009, vehicles called "light", can no longer circulate, since December 27, 2009, on Quebec highways and any public road where the maximum speed allowed is over 70 km/h;

WHEREAS this restriction also applies to owners who purchased such a vehicle before the entry in force of the Ministerial Order;

WHEREAS there is no, in the Highway Safety Code (road safety regulations of Quebec), clear references that allow to determine the vehicles that do not offer enough protection for their occupants;

WHEREAS THAT some "light vehicles" meet safety standards for the protection of their occupants;

WHEREAS THAT the "light vehicles" offer more protection than motorcycles and mopeds;

WHEREAS the Minister of Transport has recently initiated a pilot project aimed at reducing the requirements of driving license for the three wheeled motorcycle "Spyder", produced by Bombardier.

WHEREAS vehicles classed as antique, that were not designed to meet standards of protection of their occupants, have no restriction to access the public roads;

We, the signers of this petition, are requesting the National Assembly of Québec to put pressure on the government to not place restrictions on the access to public roads of the «lignt vehicles», and are requesting to take the time to examine any changes of this nature within the framework of a parliamentary committee.
    To sign these petitions, you must do four easy step:

Step 1: Click on the first link bellow and fill out the form that appears below the text in french of the petition and send the form.
    You must accept the conditions to sign the petition (signing conditions) before sending the form.
    Step 2: Consult your electronic mailbox and open the message sent by the Quebec Assembly website.
    Step 3: In this message, click on the link enabling you to register your signature.
    Step 4: Repeat step 1, 2 et 3 for the petition on the second link.

You cannot sign the same petition more than once.
    Deadline for signing: April 13, 2010

Link petition 1: The access to public roads of vehicles equipped with right hand drive in Quebec, Canada

Link petition 2: The access to public roads of KEI ("light vehicles") in Quebec, Canada

We thank you for your support!!

Forum admin: please put this thread on sticky until April 13

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Done and done. Took all of 5 seconds, hope they pull their heads out of their butts!

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

where do I sign in support of banning RHD?
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

Last edited by kaput; 04-02-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Agreed, finally on ban on these damn things...get them off our roads already!

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

can a mod add "Beyond vote rigging'' to the title of this thread please. thx

My Ride
    X100 | A80

Damn those rust free jdms, rusty old 240s are the way to go!!
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by IRL
    Agreed, finally on ban on these damn things...get them off our roads already!
    The last thing we need is another RHD pissing match

Signed the petition - I would never buy a RHD but I am intelligent enough to understand that there are people OTHER than teenage ricers who find JDM useful and benefit from these vehicles .
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    GC8 Sti R

Originally posted by zipdoa

Signed the petition - I would never buy a RHD but I am intelligent enough to understand that there are people OTHER than teenage ricers who find JDM useful and benefit from these vehicles .
    You said it. signed and signed.

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by zipdoa

Go drive by the Centennial parking lot and try and say the same thing. Bunch of douchebags driving RHD cars like assholes...

Unfortunately the majority of RHD owners are going to be the douchey teenagers with rich parents...

*flame on*
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    Silverado

why does it need to me to confirm my email, fuuck that

no support

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Hmm, going to abstain. Nearly getting into a headon collision while I was riding my bike with one who was unable to pass safely on a two-way highway - no bueno. Fuck your RHD. Besides, seeing an nice car only to find out it's RHD is...disappointing. See: Supra, RX7 ect.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Is fun!

Originally posted by ekguy

Go drive by the Centennial parking lot and try and say the same thing. Bunch of douchebags driving RHD cars like assholes...

Unfortunately the majority of RHD owners are going to be the douchey teenagers with rich parents...
    To be fair - douchebag driving has nothing to do with which side of the car the controls are located

My Ride
    RHD-S13/LHD-S13

I could care less if they banned RHD vehicles. Obviously a ban couldn't be retroactive unless the government is looking for a class action lawsuit.

Ban away - increase the re-sale value of my vehicle!

ban it all,

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

Please Ban, Thanks.

My Ride
    66 Accord

Go buy a fucking Cavalier!

My Ride
    99 impreza turbo

if they ban RHD cars... whats gonna happen to our poor mail men that drive there RHD trucks around...

this debate is stupid. instead of banning them why not just regulate the age group driving them and maybe even give a driving school to teach proper driving with them.

maybe while we are at it... we should teach everyone how to drive better too. how many times have you hit up the deerfoot doing 60 because the person in front of you cant get up to 100. how many times have you tried to merge only to have the person in the lane your trying to get into speed up and not let you in. maybe if his wheel was on the right he could see you better...

the debate shouldn't be about LHD vs RHD.. it should be good vs bad drivers. my driving test took 10 min.. maybe. Now according to our government i'm a pro driver. so take our shitty drivers test when your 16, than give him a car that has... 200-300 hp... no kidding the situation looks bad. give them a car that's 50hp and i'm sure he can find a way to crash it, or make it look bad. i know i did..

and for passing, turning left, pulling out. use some damn common sense! if its not safe don't go! the problem shouldn't be blamed on the car.. but blamed on the drivers. if the government paid more attention to the shitty driving schools and the half ass test you have to pass to get a license, im sure driving tragedy's would go down a ton! 5 hours of driving school sure wont teach u how to drive very well. and why are we so concerned with paralell parking.. when we should be teaching accident avoidance, and paying attention when we are driving. the system is screwed up and it seems they (the government) are trying to blame something that isnt really the problem.

i think the real problem is the economy thing. i talked to my importer buddy who has recently gotten out of it, and he has sent over 500k of cash down to japan. Thats ONE importer... imagine all of them and the amount of money Japan has made. but why would i spend my hard earned cash on a POS Alberta impreza that has had NO maintenance, is rusted on every bolt.. and is falling apart at the seems, when i can get a better car overall from japan, that has to pass a very serious inspection to become road worthy.. for close to the same amount of money.

my vote is RHD stays with tighter regulations placed on drivers. ALLLLL drivers, since everyday i seem to meet more and more that cant seem to find the 100kph mark on there speedometer while merging onto deerfoot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast