Quantcast
Think Airbus & Boeing makes big airplanes? they ain't got shit on Russia! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Think Airbus & Boeing makes big airplanes? they ain't got shit on Russia!

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Toma
    Russia is so far ahead of everyone else, it's not even funny.
    Yeah, no they aren't. In before you not ever providing qualified data supporting anything.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    has three pedals.

At least russia isn't a gazillionbillion dollars in debt like the U.S for a big army?

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

The Russian military is so, SO shitty right now it's not even funny. They don't have the funds for training, sailing or anything.

I remember a few years back in Finland there was a little worry about increase Russian military spending, but they were just doing it to update their equipment which is behind the times, not ahead like Toma would have you believe.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...891681,00.html

Says Vadim Kozyulin, head of the conventional-arms program at the Center for Policy Studies in Moscow: "Our army was modern at the end of the 1980s. Since then it has been allowed to stagnate."
    Last edited by Hakkola; 03-22-2010 at 09:12 AM.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by Eleanor
    LOL, you might want to look into a company called Sukhoi

The Russians also were way ahead of the Americans when it came to the space race, first satellite, first animals in space, first man in space.

The Russians have done a lot for engineering.

Also:

Yeah the last front line fighter that Sukhoi fielded was the Su-27. The -35 and -37, as cool as they are, are not in service.

F-15s and F-16s wouldn't have a problem with any Russian aircraft these days...

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by revelations

The Americans produce air superiority fighters mainly for BVR encounters. The American fighters themselves are designed for long-term, peace-time use.
    Ahhh, why do people think this?

It's not like the USA doesn't design it's jets for combat... The F-15 and F-16 both have unmatched combat records. The F-16 was specifically designed as a dogfighter. Long term sustainability in operations has never been a problem for any modern American aircraft.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Ahhh, why do people think this?

It's not like the USA doesn't design it's jets for combat... The F-15 and F-16 both have unmatched combat records. The F-16 was specifically designed as a dogfighter. Long term sustainability in operations has never been a problem for any modern American aircraft.
    Compared to the Russians, yes, the Americans produce aircraft and related equipment that have a much longer operational lifespan.

And lets face it, during the last 30 years, America has been mostly at peace.

Yes, the Viper was intended to be a lightweight and agile fighter, but developments in missile technology have put old-fashioned dog fights in the back burner - at least in the American world and the Viper is a true multi-role aircraft.

Most of the kills by the Viper and the Eagle are held by the IAF - these are short range, quick missions that emphasize maneuverability.
    Last edited by revelations; 03-22-2010 at 03:20 PM.

My Ride

WOW I didn't know such planes existed, jeez they are huge, and that Gustav gun man that thing looks like it could put a few holes through the moon just amazing.

Originally posted by 97'Scort
    That first link you posted tried to upload a trojan to my computer. I advise against clicking it.
    Lol I actually got the same message in the last link, it turned out to be an ad not a real trojan trying to get in, and not even the real antivirus alert.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Not entirely sure what the hell 500 people would do towards operating that gun. 50, sure... 500? I didn't realize that much supervision was required for merely a mobile cannon.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    CBR600RR

The -35 and -37, as cool as they are, are not in service.
    The Russians have 12 Su-35's in operation right now... And they've got an order for about 50 Su-35BM's as well.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

ah hello Nuclear bomb?

Hello Tsar Bomb?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Yeah the last front line fighter that Sukhoi fielded was the Su-27. The -35 and -37, as cool as they are, are not in service.

F-15s and F-16s wouldn't have a problem with any Russian aircraft these days...
    That is partially correct, it is the pilots flying those F-15's and -16's who wouldn't have too much trouble with any Russian aircraft. It is all about training and flight hours. It's a main reason why our 30 year old CF-18's can still beat the shit out of new USAF F-15's in dog fighting exercises.

My Ride
    Civic

Originally posted by Toma
    Russia is so far ahead of everyone else, it's not even funny. I remember when the US spent BILLIONS trying to steal the "secrets" of the Squal Torpedo, then the Russians GAVE it away to Canada for almost free.

Their reasoning?? It was "old technology" for them lol.
    Are you sure bud??? Actually the opposite is true, Russian was in the tech race w/ the American until they realized that they cannot continue since they ran out of money and resources which eventually led to the fall of soviet communism and the end of the cold war...Still have doubts?? then visit the Houston space centre and see how the Americans did with the technology. I used to have doubts about the Americans too but now I'm convinced why they are the super-power and will be for a long time.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 11:07 PM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by revelations

And lets face it, during the last 30 years, America has been mostly at peace.

joking right?
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    an econo box

Americans are always quick to write off the Russian military as vastly inferior etc. They claim the F-15 has never lost a dogfight etc. While that is true, they haven't exactly been dogfighting any real threat. Career American air force pilots have never gone toe to toe with career Russian air force pilots.

You should hear some of the Americans on some of the aviation forums talk about Russian air force. The anti-russian cold war propaganda still is strong.

I'm not saying the Russians would win, but claiming that fighting Russian pilots flying SU-27's or hell even Mig-29's would be a cake walk for American pilots is wrong.

Ground forces the Americans clearly have a technological edge, but I think the Russians would be a lot harder to fight than most realize. Russians are hard people, they've dealt with hardship a lot more than the suburban dough boy American troops. It's not like they haven't fought a technologically superior enemy before (Germans in WW2).

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by chkolny541
    joking right?
    Remember that the Viper and the Eagle were designed in the 1970s to meet the demands of an all-out war with the Warsaw Pact nations - so the intent was to have them on standby most of the time while the "cold war" was being fought. Now the world military climate has changed.

I'm not including limited action conflicts during 1980-2010 (eg. Lebanon, Libya, Nicaragua, Panama) that the Americans took in, nor peace keeping missions (eg. Protection of Kurds, Somalia, Haiti).

The major wars, Gulf I & II didnt last 30 years and CONUS hasnt seen any direct action from warfare.

israel could wipe both the US and russia off the map
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

My Ride
    G35

both US and CCCP were so scared of one another throughout the cold war that most of their weapons were based on what the other superpower produced previously to counter it, take a look at the airforce the allmighty US F16 jet was produced in response to the lessons learned in Vietnam in regards to a lightweight inexpensive but deadly Soviet MIG21, on the other hand the Soviets built at that time the fastest fighter jet of all time MIG 25 as a response to US building a supersonic heavy bomber XB70 Valkyrie witch never went in production in the end, buttttt because of the Soviet MIG25 americans built a fighter to mach it and it is known as F15, so as you can imagine, to say even today that one superpower is better than the other is pretty ignorant, as even today both superpowers keep a close eye on one another and their weapon developments and capabilities, and China should be included with todays Russia and US when comparing military might and technology, keep in mind that back in those days some of these aircraft mentioned above existed for 4-8 years before the world knew of their existance, so i am sure that new developments in eather country would not be published on google for us to read about and compare.. just wanted to say superpowers rely on fear of one another to develop future weapons.
    Last edited by KGB; 03-23-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast