Quantcast
my FS thread nuked? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my FS thread nuked?

My Ride
    '08 Audi A6 4.2L S-line

Originally posted by Tarrantula

By the time someone actually wants to buy it, im sure he will have 1 hour on the phone.

Its your rules, and he is in the right if he uses for an hour before selling.

Originally posted by hampstor
    Actually I do have the proof - you can even check the timestamp on his posts :

- BLAH -

9 minutes from when he realized the rule and when he claimed he had 1 hour on it ? It's not even plausible.
    Originally posted by CMW403

yeah, i knew no one was going to buy it in the next hour so i didnt think it really mattered. i had it connected to my home phone immediately after i found out why the previous was deleted. it has an hour on it now..
    I believe Im correct, so myth not busted - just because it didnt have an hour 9 minutes later doesnt mean it wouldnt have an hour by the time someone asked about it.

No need to post saying "take away his last 2 points, cause we can"

This rule is semi-dumb, 1.) Because any idiot can make it 1 hr on the timer, 2.) anyone with a BNIB could just list an hour anyways.

yeah to be fair he uses the phone for 1 hour before he sells it. No proof he did exactly 1 hour before posting.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

A buddy of mine trying to sell his 40D on here, guess what. Some moderator keeps deleting his thread for no reason, will they reveal themselves? Nope, they all hide behind their keyboard.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by TDFTW
    A buddy of mine trying to sell his 40D on here, guess what. Some moderator keeps deleting his thread for no reason, will they reveal themselves? Nope, they all hide behind their keyboard.
    His 40D? Quite a coincidence, then, that same buddy has tried to sell two items (a broken 50" Vizio TV and your 40D package) that you listed for sale just before you lost your Marketplace access. It's also funny that you posted pics from that 40D yesterday, despite your claims it's your "buddy's."

Mighty big coincidence.

Or, just maybe, you're trying to use your friend's account to get around your Marketplace ban. We're not stupid.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

His 40D? Quite a coincidence, then, that same buddy has tried to sell two items (a broken 50" Vizio TV and your 40D package) that you listed for sale just before you lost your Marketplace access. It's also funny that you posted pics from that 40D yesterday, despite your claims it's your "buddy's."

Mighty big coincidence.

Or, just maybe, you're trying to use your friend's account to get around your Marketplace ban. We're not stupid.
    The 50inch tv he had, and the one I sold were not the same TV. his was newer then mine. dig up his TV and then mine you will see they were different models.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by 88jbody

The 50inch tv he had, and the one I sold were not the same TV. his was newer then mine. dig up his TV and then mine you will see they were different models.
    TDFTW erased any details on the TV from the thread, the only info remaining the title is that it was a 50" Vizio plasma.

Are you going to claim you just happened to own identical 40D's, lenses, and accessories as well?

Originally posted by TDFTW

Canon 40D
    BGE2 Grip. Fairly Used
    Canon 17-85 f4.0-5.6 -Comes with Polarizer- 10/10 Have Receipts
    Canon 50mm F1.8 10/10. Comes with UV filter and rubber hood.
    Canon RS-80N3 Remote Switch Brand New
    2 Canon Brand Batteries
    4 Non Canon Brand Batteries
    Plus the canon battery charger

Canon 40D body with 20mill protective screen covers.
    Approximately 30,000 shutter actuations.
    BGE2 Grip with 2 canon brand batteries, and 2 extra spare 3rd party batteries
    Canon 50 f1.8 Lens with Hood and caps. Original box included
    Canon EF-S 17-85 F4.0-5.6 Zoom Lens with Image stabilizer, comes with caps.
    Both lenses MINT no scratches.
    4GB compact flash card.
    Box, unfilled warranty card, battery charger included too.
    Polarizer Filter for the 17-85 as well worth $100.
    also have a $130 official canon brand remote shutter cable,great for shooting at night so you don't disrupt the photo while on a tripod!

My Ride
    has three pedals.

TDFTW erased any details on the TV from the thread, the only info remaining the title is that it was a 50" Vizio plasma.

Are you going to claim you just happened to own identical 40D's, lenses, and accessories as well?
    actually they share a lot of camera equipment together.

on the latest photoshoots they did of my car, both were present, and both were sharing items.

+1 unban TDFTW

Sure him and GO4LONG don't get a long, but he is a good contributing member and gives back to beyond unlike a lot of members here.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by scat19

actually they share a lot of camera equipment together.

on the latest photoshoots they did of my car, both were present, and both were sharing items.
    Sorry, 88jbody shoots with a Rebel XT, not a 40D. The package for sale was identical, TDFTW was trying to circumvent his Marketplace ban and then complained when it was spotted.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Mighty big coincidence.

Lol, I must admit that I am pretty impressed that you caught on to that.

All things aside, I can't believe that Dave got banned. We don't agree on everything, but he's given me numerous tips and contributes a great deal to this forum. Please reconsider.

Sorry, 88jbody shoots with a Rebel XT, not a 40D. The package for sale was identical, TDFTW was trying to circumvent his Marketplace ban and then complained when it was spotted.
    actually I had a XT, then a 30d dave found a deal on a nikon he wanted so I bought his stuff off him so he could switch and my 30d is plenty for me, so I am not keeping it.

although if someone would rather have the same package with a gripped XT or 30D as a body instead I will sell and keep the 40d, but I prefer to re-coop my money back

I love my 85f1.8 so I will not part with it

if this doesn't satisfy you that is fine and I will drop it and sell it somewhere else.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

actually I had a XT, then a 30d dave found a deal on a nikon he wanted so I bought his stuff off him so he could switch and my 30d is plenty for me, so I am not keeping it.

although if someone would rather have the same package with a gripped XT or 30D as a body instead I will sell and keep the 40d, but I prefer to re-coop my money back

I love my 85f1.8 so I will not part with it
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/297070/fi...eamless-white/

You were shooting that XT a week ago (EXIF's still there, BTW), and TDFTW was shooting the 40D mere days ago. That 30D must have been a fast deal, hm?

Originally posted by Pollywog

Lol, I must admit that I am pretty impressed that you caught on to that.

All things aside, I can't believe that Dave got banned. We don't agree on everything, but he's given me numerous tips and contributes a great deal to this forum. Please reconsider.
    I'd make a "photographic memory" joke, but that'd be waaaaay too cheesy.

At any rate, Dave was not banned for trying to get around his Marketplace ban, it was for the bitching and insults he posted towards the staff afterwards. (those posts were deleted) He is more than welcome to create a new account if he's willing to act in a mature, civil fashion and follow the rules. Heck, when he makes a new account (and I'm sure he will) he'll even get his Marketplace access back. He's been banned before, I'm sure he'll be back once he's cooled off a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2