Quantcast
Meal Ideas w/ protien/fat and w/o carbs - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Meal Ideas w/ protien/fat and w/o carbs

My Ride
    FWD FTW!

Default Meal Ideas w/ protien/fat and w/o carbs

I really didnt want to jack A790's transformation thread, but I found a couple things at the beginning of it that really intrigued me. The diet that focused purely on taking in fats and protien and no carbs was really quite interesting. This is the post that darkane posted before

Originally posted by Darkane

Shrimp are excellent. Good for Testosterone production.

So Protein/Fat foods to enjoy:

-Big bowl of spinach leaves, chopped up chicken breast, hand full of crushed walnuts and dressing of choice (choose an oily one with no sugar). That there is rad.

-The classic bowl of extra lean ground beef with Cheese on top. Saute the beef, add spices (I like rosemary, thyme, oregano, sea salt, pepper 2 small shots of worcestershire sauce as well). Strain the fat, put in a bowl top with low fat or full fat cheddar and bask in the low carb glory.

-2 cans of tuna with olive oil based mayo. Easy as fuck.

-Eggs just do it.

Random:

Cheese
    Steak
    Ground beef
    Bison
    chicken
    Fish
    Egg whites

If you're in a real hurry try this 'meal' out. Buy egg white cartons from superstore (2bucks for the 500ml). Drink it raw (no issues don't worry) and take 2 tablespoons of olive oil.

That right there is 50g protein and 28g fat. 450cals in 30 seconds.

One thing I'm loving right now is my rendition of bodybuilder jello. Take some sugar free Jello, add in fruit punch flavor BCAA boost from trueprotein and down that shit. Takes care of the sweet tooth.

Get the caffeinated BCAA boost and do it just before fasted cardio.
    I just wanted any more ideas on some meals I could have because I am not a very creative food person and probably will just resort to carbs and sandwiches. Need something nice and easy to whip up in the morning and even take to class. Any ideas? Thanks everyone.
    //--// SDWZ //--//

"If in doubt, flat out" C. McRae R.I.P.

My Ride
    NC1

Darkane is gangster. Has this shit down to an exact science lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    TL

Try the new free 7 day trial for www.redpointfitness.com, you have the ability to pick various food combination's and then it spits out how much to each of it to provide you with your kcal count for that meal. It also has various weightlifting routines if you want to get that as well.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Another easy one is Whey protein shake, 2-3 tablespoons of natural peanutbutter.

Chili without beans is good.

Honestly there isn't a hell of a lot of options. lol
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Last edited by kaput; 04-02-2019 at 07:46 PM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Tuna on slices of cucumber w/ mayo.

6 oz. chicken w/ broccoli
    6 oz. chicken w/ green beans
    Steak w/ broccoli and spinach
    Shrimp and asparagus.

My Ride
    FWD FTW!

Thanks for the help guys, yeah its kinda hard to find alot of options. But what the hell did you guys drink? I mean other than water everything is loaded with sugar = carbs. Cant even have a glass of orange juice.

My stats for today (Pre workout):

Fat 97g
    Carbs 7g
    Protien 140g

+

Post workout shake (w/ some peanut butter)
    Wraps with lean turkey breast (~50g of carbs)

Overall, it wasnt that bad to keep up something like this, it really helps me from munching on random junk. I think im gonna give this diet a go for a while and see if there are any developments.
    //--// SDWZ //--//

"If in doubt, flat out" C. McRae R.I.P.

My Ride

Originally posted by pattyt
    Thanks for the help guys, yeah its kinda hard to find alot of options. But what the hell did you guys drink? I mean other than water everything is loaded with sugar = carbs. Cant even have a glass of orange juice.

My stats for today (Pre workout):

Fat 97g
    Carbs 7g
    Protien 140g

+

Post workout shake (w/ some peanut butter)
    Wraps with lean turkey breast (~50g of carbs)

Overall, it wasnt that bad to keep up something like this, it really helps me from munching on random junk. I think im gonna give this diet a go for a while and see if there are any developments.
    I hit the gym three days a week, allowing me carbs on those three days post workout. As well, I take two carb "refeed" days per week. In reality, there's only two days a week where I'll go no carb. On those days, my carbs are under 50g for the day.

My typical meals for a gym day are:

Breakfast:
    6oz. chicken breast w/ 1.5 cup broccoli. (429 cals, 13.6g fat, 19.8 carb, 58.2g protein)

Snack:
    4 large eggs w/ cheese and 1tsp olive oil. (380 cals, 28g fat, 6g carbs, 31g protein)

Lunch:
    4oz. chicken breast w/ 2 cup romaine caesar salad sans crutons. (550 cals, 34.6g fat, 14.1g carbs, 45.3g protein)

WORKOUT (Heavy compound lift + accessories IE - Overhead press, dips, shrugs, bicep curl)

Post workout shake:
    Some OJ, milk, strawberries, bananas, 2 scoops low-carb vanilla whey, metamucil. (450 calories, 4.5g fat, 40g carbs, 42g protein)

Dinner:
    6oz. steak w/ 1 cup mashed potatoes, 7 asparagus spears. (650 cals, 29.8g fat, 42.5g carbs, 53.7g protein)

Pre-bed snack:
    Can of tuna w/ pickles, chives, and mayo. (250 cals, 14.8g fat, 1.5g carbs, 30.2g protein)

TOTAL: 2,700ish calories, 125g fat, 114g carbs, 260g protein.

I weigh about 215lbs, so the calories/protein is perfect since I'm cutting fat right now.

On NON workout days (no and/or low carb days) my meals are very static. I find asparagus to be the best low-carb vegetable that tastes good and fills me up, so I eat a lot of it. My freezer is PACKED full of frozen asparagus haha... I'll go through six bags in two weeks.

I should also point out that on non workout days, 3 times per week, I'll do cardio for roughly 400 calories burned.

Breakfast:
    6oz. chicken breast w/ 7 asparagus spears and some olive oil. (450 cals, 22.5g fat, 4.6g carbs, 54.9g protein)

Snack:
    6oz. chicken breast w/ 7 asparagus spears and some olive oil. (450 cals, 22.5g fat, 4.6g carbs, 54.9g protein)

Lunch:
    1 cup shrimp w/ 7 asparagus spears and some olive oil. (383 cals, 20g fat, 7.4g carbs, 43.3g protein)

Dinner:
    12oz. ground beef, 1 cup cheese, 1.5 cup broccoli. (1,413 cals, 106.1g fat, 25.1g carbs, 90g protein). Note that this meal I break up over the remainder of my evening. I'll eat half at 5, and the rest at 7:30.

TOTAL: 2,700 calories, 171g fat, 41.7g carbs, 240g protein.

Following this diet I've been losing fat steadily for about eight weeks, and my strength has been going up DESPITE a pretty hefty back injury. At the beginning my bench was roughly 205 for reps, and now it's at 225 for reps. Can't complain there

Some helpful tips for eating low carb:

1) Drink a SHITLOAD of water.

2) Add metamucil to your post-workout shakes. Fibre = GOOD.

3) Space your meals out about 3 hours so you eat over the course of twelve hours. This will help prevent you being hungry.

4) Don't CHEAT. One chocolate bar is all it takes to derail your mindset.

5) Take before/during/after photos. The motivation will keep you on track.

6) If you start to feel grumbly, munch on things like celery since they have pretty much no calories (a foot long stock of celery has 10 calories, 1.9g carbs). Drink more water.

7) On your low carb days, DO NOT GO OUT. DON'T. It's damn near impossible to get a low carb meal in fast food/restaurants.

8) Learn to love spices. Sauce = carbs (usually). Spice = nice.

9) Prepare your low carb meals in advance so you can take two or three with you so you won't cheat when you're not at home.

Sorry for the long post. Have fun

My Ride
    is Invisible

What is ur weight and what is ur target?

hey guys, sorry if I come across as a complete debbie downer and a prick, but I used to be totally all about high protein, low carb diets while I was trying to bulk for a few years. Everyone I talked to said that "oh yeah there's no harm in excess protein". However, I just finished my first year of med school and specifically our renal block (kidney) and there actually is quite a lot of harm that can potentially come out of a long term high protein diet.

My Ride

Originally posted by nodoubtt
    hey guys, sorry if I come across as a complete debbie downer and a prick, but I used to be totally all about high protein, low carb diets while I was trying to bulk for a few years. Everyone I talked to said that "oh yeah there's no harm in excess protein". However, I just finished my first year of med school and specifically our renal block (kidney) and there actually is quite a lot of harm that can potentially come out of a long term high protein diet.
    What we're talkibg about is a timed carb diet. We still eat carbs, but we tine wheb we eat them.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Any articles you guys have come across on why you should avoid carbs and what they do in your body?

I have been on a "don't care about carbs", lower fat, and higher protein diet for a couple of months now and have lost a bit of weight (3-4kgs) with Karate and bike riding as exercise.

Ever since I started working in an office, the weight loss seems to have tailed off. Maybe its due to a high intake of carbs (usually at least 200g)?

Generally my diet will follow 30/40/30 grams of fat/carb/protein.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Default Re: Meal Ideas w/ protien/fat and w/o carbs

Originally posted by pattyt

I just wanted any more ideas on some meals I could have because I am not a very creative food person and probably will just resort to carbs and sandwiches. Need something nice and easy to whip up in the morning and even take to class. Any ideas? Thanks everyone.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/231360/wh...ng-on-my-diet/

^^^ Some ideas.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell