Quantcast
The Ann Coulter Protest - McMahon Stadium - 03/25/10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ann Coulter Protest - McMahon Stadium - 03/25/10

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Default The Ann Coulter Protest - McMahon Stadium - 03/25/10

Enjoy.

Last edited by Pollywog; 03-26-2010 at 05:55 AM.

My Ride
    anything that comes along

Sure is abusing the word Nazi in those pictures

I am no Coulter fan, but I find it amusing that the protesters are using as much derogatory and imflamitory language they accuse Coulter of.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I don't have a problem with Coulter. Not that I don't think she's not a heinous bitch, but because I have an option whether I want to listen to her or not. Reminds me of a speech near the end of the movie American President:

It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours.
    Also, if you haven't seen it. I suggest you find an episode of the cartoon series The Boondocks called "The N-Word". They do an awesome parody of Coulter.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by DayGlow
    I am no Coulter fan, but I find it amusing that the protesters are using as much derogatory and imflamitory language they accuse Coulter of.

I guess they don't know what it means to "feed the trolls".

Seriously, I disagree with almost everything Ann Coulter says, but I will fight to the death to ensure that she be allowed to say whatever she wants.

nice woman with camera in first photos. who

My Ride
    impreza

Originally posted by sputnik

Seriously, I disagree with almost everything Ann Coulter says, but I will fight to the death to ensure that she be allowed to say whatever she wants.
    Couldn't agree more.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

I'm thankful that there was a sizeable (and noticable) presence there in opposition of that fucking piece of garbage. Free speech should also include the right of the protestors to voice their opposition to what she stands for. I don't think calling her a "neo-nazi" is too far off -- it often seems that she was born in the wrong part of the world, 40 years too late ...

"Iran's for the communist party?" ...I guess when you lose your hair, everything else goes...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-17-2019 at 09:20 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

This guys was a total douche bag:

When I was in line, a Jewish girl (I presume to be Jewish) went up to him and said "WHAT THE FUCK!"

"Do you even know what you are saying?"
    "My grandmother died in the Holocaust." "Do you even know what that symbol means?"

He pushed past her and the said "I am Jewish."
    She said: "You're Jewish?"
    He said "Yeah, I am Jewish."
    Her response: "Bullshit!"

As we came out of the venue, he was saying "America welcomes you."

I wonder if he said the same to the Arabs that were in attendance as they came out of the red and white club?

Originally posted by Gainsbarre
    I'm thankful that there was a sizeable (and noticable) presence there in opposition of that fucking piece of garbage. Free speech should also include the right of the protestors to voice their opposition to what she stands for. I don't think calling her a "neo-nazi" is too far off -- it often seems that she was born in the wrong part of the world, 40 years too late ...
    Protesters can say whatever they want too. However it doesn't make everything they say correct either.

They just have different opinions.

Opinions are funny things. Everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is correct.

So if they protesters want to call Ann Coulter a Nazi, she should be allowed to call them whatever she wants.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I saw this guy arrive with his face covered. I said to my wife, why protest anonymously?

I guess this guy doesn't stand behind his conviction as he doesn't want to be identified? Is he a closet Ann Coulter lover?

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Default Re: The Ann Coulter Protest - McMahon Stadium - 03/25/10

Feeding the trolls is right. I was thinking this exact same thing. When you make this much of a fuss over someone like Ann Coulter, you're only giving her the attention she wants. Counter-productive at best.

@Benyl: I love that picture. 'Cause y'know, when I'm standing up for something I believe in, I want to make absolutely sure I can't be identified, lest I be associated with the rest of the asshats I've congregated with.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

Originally posted by benyl
    I saw this guy arrive with his face covered. I said to my wife, why protest anonymously?

I guess this guy doesn't stand behind his conviction as he doesn't want to be identified? Is he a closet Ann Coulter lover?
    The Illuminati might be watching!

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

I think the whole thing is kind of funny. The more I listen to what she says and how she says it, the more it is clear that she gets the attention she does because she plays the game like a liberal, but is conservative.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    I don't have a problem with Coulter. Not that I don't think she's not a heinous bitch, but because I have an option whether I want to listen to her or not. Reminds me of a speech near the end of the movie American President:
    It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours.
    I think that quote is appropriate.

I can only imagine what protestors said about Malcolm X or Martin Luther King during the Civil rights Movement.

Or things they said about Harvey Milk.

Free speech challenges critical thinking. An ability that a large portion of the population doesn't have. Many of the protesters didn't have it...

I am not saying that Coulter is challenging people to think critically, I am simply saying that in order to have free speech, you have to take the good with the bad.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    The news outlets reported that he belongs to a local anti-racism group, and didn't wanted any added heat or some bs like that.

When I was in line, a Jewish girl (I presume to be Jewish) went up to him and said "WHAT THE FUCK!"

"My grandmother died in the Holocaust." "Do you even know what that symbol means?"

He pushed past her and the said "I am Jewish."
    She said: "You're Jewish?"
    He said "Yeah, I am Jewish."
    Her response: "Bullshit!"

As we came out of the venue, he was saying "America welcomes you."

I wonder if he said the same to the Arabs that were in attendance as they came out of the red and white club?
    He was one of the loudest, most annoying people there - other than helmet lady. He said the same joke about "have a safe trip back to america" to almost every guest leaving the building. I will admit that some things he said were correct, other things were hilarious, but most was just annoying protester bullshit.

There were a handful of bat-shit crazy people there, on both sides.

My Ride
    Sentra

More pics of the chick cop with the bike?

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

WTF is this and who is Ann Coulter?

Does she know what the symbol means? From Wikipedia:
    Historically, the swastika became a sacred symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Mithraism and Shamanism; religions with a total of more than a billion adherents worldwide, making the swastika ubiquitous in both historical and contemporary society. The symbol was introduced to Southeast Asia by Hindu kings and remains an integral part of Balinese Hinduism to this day, and it is a common sight in Indonesia.
    The symbol rose to importance in Buddhism during the Mauryan Empire and in Hinduism with the decline of Buddhism in India during the Gupta Empire. With the spread of Buddhism, the Buddhist swastika reached Tibet and China. The use of the swastika by the indigenous Bön faith of Tibet, as well as syncretic religions, such as Cao Dai of Vietnam and Falun Gong of China, is thought to be borrowed from Buddhism as well. The symbol can also be found on many Buddhist temples throughout Korea.
    Is she aware that societies have been using this design as a symbol of worship for multiple millennia? And now she's upset because one single guy decided to adopt it as a symbol for his army for a mere 20 years? WTF? Who cares?
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

This is fine just as long as whatever she says isn't put into practice at some point.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast